Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 mamba monster original esc

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/8 mamba monster original esc

Can some one tell me if I can run an old 1/8 mamba monster esc with a 4 pole 1410 castle creation 1/10 motor . Will the two work together ......can I soldier the wires to the gold tabs on the esc ?

thanks
Old 06-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the tabs on the esc are female 6.5mm bullet style connectors , do not solder directly to them as it will make changing things around later a lot harder, purchase some male 6.5mm bullets and solder to those, this way you can change motors easier and cleaner . Which batteries are you planning on running? 2s , 3s ? these will be fine but 4s will be risky, if you want to run 4s the 1415 motor will be more suitable but even with that motor 3s would be plenty, What car are you running? I am assuming some SCT 4x4 in which case it should work really well, if its a 1/10 buggy or SCT 2wd it will also work great, if its for a 1/8 scale ebuggy then i would highly recommend the 1415 motor instead
cheers
Old 06-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for responding ...I will definelty get some connectors !!!!
I just got a conversion kit for a serpent 747 and I plan to plug the 1410 into the mamba and run 3 s .
Everything I've read says 1/8 esc and 4 pole motor for the 747e . I appreciate any feedback you are willing to give ?
Thanks
Old 06-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

a friend of mine has the same car , we used to race it in a 1/10 modified outlaw class ( hi downforce body , foam tyres ) the advice you have been given about 4 pole and 1/8 esc is good advice but the car can be run with a touring car high end 2 pole sensored system, my friends car runs 2s a 1/10 tekin rsx esc and 2 pole 4.5t motor, and it is an absolute bullet ! so 2s can be done but you really got to know what your doing , in saying this the 747 converted /748 are better equipped to take 3s the a normal 190mm car , your car will be very quick with what you have planned, just be prepared that the extra power and torque will be harder on the belts and other drivetrain components then what a 2 pole 2s setup would be but don't worry the car is strong so will take it, i have tried something similar in an xray t4 i used the mmp a 4600 kv 2 pole then 4 pole on 3s power, it was insane but belts didn't last long, your car should be built to handle it.
cheers and good luck
Old 06-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, this is exactly the info I needed .....i a.m gonna re think the electronics and battery .
What do you think of castle creations 1410 with the 1/10 ecs it came with and a max amps 2s 6500 battery .
I am not racing ....just having fun in the street and parking lot racing with friends .
40 shore tires ?
Thanks buddy
Old 06-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

it depends which esc came with it, if it is the mmp or sct stickered mmp then you will be fine, this is one tough little speed controller ! if it is the sidewinder esc then you will reach its limit real quick and i wouldn't recommend to use it in this application ( not if you wanna run real fast anyway ). That motor isn't one that would be typically used as a speed run motor but this is not to say it cant work , but on 2s you would have to gear it long whereas a 4.5t motor with the same battery will rev twice as hard and theoretically deliver twice the speed, the 1410 is torquer but cant rev with the others, geared long it may work but i am not certain, that motor does have an advantage though and that is it can handle 3s voltage , this would get you into the ball park for sure but it depends which 1/10 esc you have, if its the sidewinder it will blow up pretty quickly but if it is the mmp then it will handle it easy, otherwise the big mamba monster could still be used.
If you don't have the battery yet and are only interested in the speed runs definitely get the 3s if you feel you may want to race it in the future then go the 2s route as you will be able to use this battery to race whereas a 3s you will not be allowed to race.
to get your car to a certain speed it will use a certain amount of power (watts ), now then voltage ( volts )multiplied by current (amps )equals power, so if u raise your voltage you don't need to pull as much current (amps), benefit is less current equals less heat , less heat can be a big advantage if the others are running 2s because you can pull the same power and use 33.3 % current , bottom line you can keep gearing up if the motor is running cooler.
if you must run 2s its worth a shot but you would be better with a 2 pole sensored motor around the 4.5t mark.
cheers

p.s get the lowest shore tyres you can get, you want maximum traction try 35 shore

Last edited by oldenuff; 06-05-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: missed somethin
Old 06-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks !!!!!
I will have to check which ESC it is tonight .
You have given me so much to really think about before really jumping in and buying all the other needed components.
It sounds like it would be better for me to get a 2 pole or different 4 pole motor maybe a 4000 or 4600 kv ...more speed, less torque ?

I basically now need a battery ....i was gonna go all out and get the max amps 6500 3s or 2s . I wont ever really race .

I appreciate all your feedback, very helpful oledenuff !!!
thanks
Again ...gonna order tires now !!!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

The esc is the mamba max pro SCT edition.......so you are thinking i can run this ESC instead of the big mamba esc with a 3s with a high voltage battery ..maybe a max amps 6500 ?

I am just trying to have fun and go fast !!!
thanks