Search
Like Tree4Likes

Airtronics/Sanwa Radio Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Airtronics/Sanwa Radio Questions

I use the Airtronics MX-V transmitter and like it a lot, but I've been thinking of upgrading to a MT-4S. However, if I stick with my current FH2 (FHSS-2) receivers, will the latency be faster or the same as my MX-V???

And if I do this, then I'll give my son my MX-V, but he wants to use cheap receivers (he is currently using the FlySky transmitter). I read on the Airtronics website that you can use aftermarket FH2 receivers for the MX-V. Where can you get the aftermarket receivers? Thanks.

Note, I know this probably belongs on the Radio forum, but I hang out here and trust you guys!
Old 05-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

I also currently use Sanwa (best systems by a mile for me). I'm not sure how much faster the MT-4S will be, although unless you're a pro racer, I'm not sure you'd notice. The added features of the MT-4S are worth the upgrade though. For me, as the M12S has been released, you're better off spending a little more and going for the M12, now that prices have reduced.

On another note, if you're looking to stay with your FHSS2 receivers, you might consider the M11X (radio I use), it will work with the FHSS2 receivers, but is very tuneable as the former top steer wheel Sanwa offered a few years ago. It will also use the faster FHSS3 receivers like the Rx451R etc. Can pick up a good used one with a receiver for 100-150.

Of the cheaper FHSS2 receivers, there is an LRP receiver called the C3 that will work. As will the Ansmann 3.1. I run a C3 in my 1/12 car as it's tiny.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JimboAMX
I also currently use Sanwa (best systems by a mile for me). I'm not sure how much faster the MT-4S will be, although unless you're a pro racer, I'm not sure you'd notice. The added features of the MT-4S are worth the upgrade though. For me, as the M12S has been released, you're better off spending a little more and going for the M12, now that prices have reduced.

On another note, if you're looking to stay with your FHSS2 receivers, you might consider the M11X (radio I use), it will work with the FHSS2 receivers, but is very tuneable as the former top steer wheel Sanwa offered a few years ago. It will also use the faster FHSS3 receivers like the Rx451R etc. Can pick up a good used one with a receiver for 100-150.

Of the cheaper FHSS2 receivers, there is an LRP receiver called the C3 that will work. As will the Ansmann 3.1. I run a C3 in my 1/12 car as it's tiny.
Thanks for the OUTSTANDING information.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
I use the Airtronics MX-V transmitter and like it a lot, but I've been thinking of upgrading to a MT-4S. However, if I stick with my current FH2 (FHSS-2) receivers, will the latency be faster or the same as my MX-V???

And if I do this, then I'll give my son my MX-V, but he wants to use cheap receivers (he is currently using the FlySky transmitter). I read on the Airtronics website that you can use aftermarket FH2 receivers for the MX-V. Where can you get the aftermarket receivers? Thanks.

Note, I know this probably belongs on the Radio forum, but I hang out here and trust you guys!
That rx should work fine with mt4s as its just an upgraded mt 4 which I use with my fssh2 rx and it works fine what you have to do is bind it to the rx in the bind menu. I dought if your latency will be less with the tx as u need the latest fssh4 rx to get that latency. but I dont think you can tell the difference as I cant and Ive been running this setup for 4 years now.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Stoney thanks for the info. Turns out a friend sold me a M11X for a great price. I know it will work with FHSS-2 receivers and I may buy a FHSS-3 to see if it's noticeably faster. However, I read on another thread that when I switch between cars, one with FHSS-2 receiver and the other with the new FHSS-3 receiver, that I will have to re-bind it every time. That doesn't sound right to me, I would think the binding to each separate receiver would be saved in the model information and automatically change when I select the proper model.

Which is correct?
Old 05-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by glennhl
Stoney thanks for the info. Turns out a friend sold me a M11X for a great price. I know it will work with FHSS-2 receivers and I may buy a FHSS-3 to see if it's noticeably faster. However, I read on another thread that when I switch between cars, one with FHSS-2 receiver and the other with the new FHSS-3 receiver, that I will have to re-bind it every time. That doesn't sound right to me, I would think the binding to each separate receiver would be saved in the model information and automatically change when I select the proper model.

Which is correct?
Hi Glen I just did a search and found the manual for the MX11X tx but have look at it and it should tell you everything you need to know about the mX11x I have no expereience with This radio but I can tell if it is anything like the MX3 or the MT4 its a great radio to use. I find it hard to believe that you have to rebind it to other rx's everytime you change. it has a memory and you just bind it to each model.I dont know this as fact Have a look at this and let me know if this helps you out. Michael

http://www.airtronics.net/media/uplo...ing_Manual.pdf
Old 03-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sanwa mt-s

Hi

I need a help .i have sanwa mx-v and i have 7 receiver rx37w now i have a new sanwa mt-s transmitter i need to now how can i bind my receivers with this new transmitter
Old 03-25-2018, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rony akl
Hi

I need a help .i have sanwa mx-v and i have 7 receiver rx37w now i have a new sanwa mt-s transmitter i need to now how can i bind my receivers with this new transmitter
Hi Ronny, look in your manual for the RX binding its on page 54 and 56. It doesnt look like you can bind the RX371 to this tx because this type of RX is FSSH2 and the MTS only supports FSSH3 and FSSH4. Did you buy this TX new it should have come with a newer RX.
Michael
Old 03-29-2018, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is a MT-4S radio compatible with the new servo PGS-CX?
Old 03-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Pit-racer,

Sure do it will..

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Is a MT-4S radio compatible with the new servo PGS-CX?
Pit-racer likes this.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello Pit-racer,

Sure do it will..

Cheers..
I was just concern and got thrown off by Sanwa site saying not compatible

商品画像【Coreless Servo】
●SSL Compatible
※Compatible with CODE10 (M12S (RS), Exzes ZZ, MT-44)
 Not compatible with CODE5 (M12, Exzes Z, MT-4S, MT-4, MT-S)
● MULTI SETTING GEAR compatible
※Not compatible with PGS SETTING GEAR
●SSR mode compatible
●SHR mode compatible
●Lipo 2 cell battery compatible
●High torque type
●Coreless motor
●Metal Gears
●AL Heat Sink
Old 03-30-2018, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
I was just concern and got thrown off by Sanwa site saying not compatible

商品画像【Coreless Servo】
●SSL Compatible
※Compatible with CODE10 (M12S (RS), Exzes ZZ, MT-44)
 Not compatible with CODE5 (M12, Exzes Z, MT-4S, MT-4, MT-S)
● MULTI SETTING GEAR compatible
※Not compatible with PGS SETTING GEAR
●SSR mode compatible
●SHR mode compatible
●Lipo 2 cell battery compatible
●High torque type
●Coreless motor
●Metal Gears
●AL Heat Sink
That just means you can't use the SSL function which I believe let's you program the servo. But it should work just fine as a normal servo without programming functioms
Pit-racer and stanleyw808 like this.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EbbTide
That just means you can't use the SSL function which I believe let's you program the servo. But it should work just fine as a normal servo without programming functioms
Thank you
Old 10-25-2021, 08:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rony akl
Hi

Do you still have any of those RX37 receivers? I would like to purchase if so!
Old 10-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by toy_rolla
Do you still have any of those RX37 receivers? I would like to purchase if so!
You realize that was three and a half years ago?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.