Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Gen 3 Tekin motor bad noise - no power >

Gen 3 Tekin motor bad noise - no power

Gen 3 Tekin motor bad noise - no power

Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
the motor now makes a bad granding/squeeling noise and will barely moves.

Sound more like it started cogging. Does it run if you give it a push by hand, or if you remove pinion and motor will start? Try dropping your pinion by 2-5 teeth and see what it does. Before that try recalibrating the ESC. Just 2 packs?? Try Recalibrate first.
no its not cogging...the motor makes the same noise with the spur gear removed.

ill try calibrating but idk how it would all the sudden come out of calibration after jumping a triple and not even landing hard, since then it wouldn't barely move and made the bad noises.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Team Tekin

If it happened after an impact and it's squealing badly it sounds like you either lost a phase in the ESC or a connection at the motor somewhere is bad. Did you try another motor on your ESC to rule that out of the equation?
Old 04-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
If it happened after an impact and it's squealing badly it sounds like you either lost a phase in the ESC or a connection at the motor somewhere is bad. Did you try another motor on your ESC to rule that out of the equation?
ive worked this out with you guys at tekin and amain. its either a sensor connection problem at the esc or a esc knocked out of phase.

i sent the combo back to amain. also my motor seemed to be missing the shim on the sensor board side. is it supposed to have one there?

thanks!

to prevent this in the future i went ahead and got some kyosho gel tape to mount the esc on
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

What manufacture ESC you using? I know youre using Tekins motor. If You're using the RSX, RX8 on down to RS. Check the LED's, it'll show you if cable or sensor board defective. Turn on the ESC, Turn motor by hand, watch LED's to the right, they will start flashing dimly toggling from LED 6 & 7. A lot of things happen with electronics, mostly happen as phenomenon, just start from the beginning step by step, binding, Calibration, Battery entered, Timing and turbo set. One of the perimeters got out of wacked.

Last edited by Geezatec; 04-30-2016 at 08:25 AM.