Like Tree4Likes

Sanwa MTS Radio

Old 01-09-2020, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's a good after market receiver replacement for this radio mts? That can use fh4 protocol.
would also like to know what's the difference of fh3 and fh4?
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H2on0 View Post
I hate to be a pain, but is there any chance some one could link a battery on amazon that would work? My 48 pack of AA's just ran out. I am what they call country stupid.

thanks

joe
Country stupid or not, it seems like some sort of twisted joke that nobody (least of all Sanwa themselves) wants to post the dimensions of the battery space. I took the AA battery holder out and measured it at 108.5mm long by 31.9mm wide by 15.3mm deep. I also measured that square opening on one side at 56.4 x 54.6 with 56.4 x 60.2 under the lip (so you could probably slide a 56.4 x 56.4 battery by putting one side in and then then other... but I don't know). That being said, it seems like people are quoting thicker batteries that fit (LRP advertises their 95 x 18 x 29 for the MT-S).

For that reason, I too would love it if people would post the actual model or a link of batteries they have found to fit.

Last edited by BugleBoy10; 06-02-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This fits with plenty of room to spare, especially in length. I just tried it in my MT-S. It's LiFe though, so your charger will need to have LiFe mode.

https://bit.ly/3eEg3hE

Here you can see it in my 4PM, but it also fits the MT-S. Smallest battery I've found that will fit all my radios. 11:19

rustyus and BugleBoy10 like this.

Last edited by RazorRC; 06-03-2020 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
What's a good after market receiver replacement for this radio mts? That can use fh4 protocol.
would also like to know what's the difference of fh3 and fh4?

Just got one of these and seems to work wonderfully for about HALF of what Sanwa wants.
ARX-482R ARX-482R
Glad for this. up to this point, the price of Sanwa RXs was my only beef with the MT-S radio.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnsducks View Post
Just got one of these and seems to work wonderfully for about HALF of what Sanwa wants.
ARX-482R
Glad for this. up to this point, the price of Sanwa RXs was my only beef with the MT-S radio.
They are a great alternative to geniune. You won't be dissapointed. Apart from the one genuine I got with transmitter I have my whole fleet decked out with these. Saved a bucket load.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

ARX-482R
I recently got two of these and they work fine, but the plugs are a little loose. Luckily, the pressure from one helps the other, but if my transponder isnít in, the fan plug falls out.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BugleBoy10 View Post
I recently got two of these and they work fine, but the plugs are a little loose. Luckily, the pressure from one helps the other, but if my transponder isnít in, the fan plug falls out.
I noticed this. I actually like that the JST goes In a little easier, the stocker is HARD to get the plugs in. I towill have to keep an eye eye on it. Suppose I could always tighten it up with a wrap of tape.

As far as the MT-S radio goes... It quite nice. I got one for 13yr olsmold son to race with. The cheaper RXs help the wallet and investment and help it compete better with the Futaba. I think it is a wonderful radio for him, but if I am being honest, I prefer my Futaba 4PLS. Just feels nicer in the hand. Slightly easier to navigate through the menus, is a little smoother on the wheel and trigger. Just feels a tick higher quality. Less rtr radio feeling. Not bashing, just my opinion/observation. The MT-S is great. Really glad to have it. The big menu screen I wish my Futaba had. Old eyes working harder these days...
Think both radios bare about equal in the speed/ latency dept.?
Dadndortaracing likes this.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I noticed this. I actually like that the JST goes In a little easier, the stocker is HARD to get the plugs in. I towill have to keep an eye eye on it. Suppose I could always tighten it up with a wrap of tape.

As far as the MT-S radio goes... It quite nice. I got one for 13yr olsmold son to race with. The cheaper RXs help the wallet and investment and help it compete better with the Futaba. I think it is a wonderful radio for him, but if I am being honest, I prefer my Futaba 4PLS. Just feels nicer in the hand. Slightly easier to navigate through the menus, is a little smoother on the wheel and trigger. Just feels a tick higher quality. Less rtr radio feeling. Not bashing, just my opinion/observation. The MT-S is great. Really glad to have it. The big menu screen I wish my Futaba had. Old eyes working harder these days...
Think both radios bare about equal in the speed/ latency dept.?
I agree. The original receivers are very difficult to get the plugs in. Had to change my hobbywing esc receiver plug and still had to shave a bit off the sides to get it fit.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

FYI a Reedy 2400mah receiver pack (ASC27313) fits and works great.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 360 (99%+)

Anyone know of a wrap available for this radio in the states? Bought a used one and it's kind of beat up. Would love new plastics for it.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Banggood have compatible receivers.

SMD make good ones in the UK.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know if there is a replacement wheel that is larger in diameter than the stock one? I like the radio but wish the wheel was a little larger.

Thanks,
Angelo
Old 12-14-2020, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quick question, I'm considering getting an MTS as a backup radio and to use with my crawler. Normally I would need at least 5 channels to use all the features of this vehicle. Steering, Throttle, High/Low, Front diff lock, Rear diff lock.

Does anyone know if I use a SSL servo through the batt/ssl port, is it possible to then utilise the other 4 channels for a total of 5? Or is there a way to set up the MT-S to do what I'm wanting?