Wiki Posts
Search

Under $ 210 ESC Competition

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

All my Hobbywings have been smoother than my Tekins. This goes for Justock, V3.1 stock spec, and the full V3.1 120amp.

Stock spec is a great ESC and will be just fine for 2WD. I only run the full V3.1 120a aluminum in my 4WD mod TC and 4WD buggy for a little extra thermal protection.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:00 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

How does the reedy black box "feel" in comparison. Reedy is close by my track so like the ability to send in locally. Was looking at the servos too, if anyone can opine on both... thx.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
That is incorrect, the full 3.1 & the 3.1 Stock Spec have ALL the same features & adjustments(even the data logging functions, same for both), only noticeable difference is in weight, case construction & motor rating. The Stock Spec has a plastic main case(with the usual heat sink on top, makes it lighter than the full 3.1) & is rated down to a 4.5T motor(onroad) or a 5.5T(offroad), while the full 3.1 has an all-aluminum case(integrated heat sink), weighs about 10g more, & is rated down to a 3.5T(onroad) or 5.5T(offroad). And the Stock Spec is rated at 100A continuous, while the full 3.1 is rated to 120A. I have both, & honestly, unless you're planning to bolt in as much motor as possible, you really just don't need the full 3.1, the Stock Spec can do everything most of us need, shaves 10g off the car's total weight, & costs about $56 less. For me, I have 2 Stock Specs & one full 3.1, but the only reason I bought the full 3.1 was because when I needed one, EVERYONE was out of stock on the Stock Spec. If you'd like to save a little money, then I'd STRONGLY recommend the Stock Spec, I think it's the best value for the dollar you can get....
I stand corrected I am just starting to run HW products so I wasnt absolutely sure. Thanks for that clarification sir...
Old 04-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No prob, & I have to admit, I'm kind of intrigued by the new one coming out, the XR10Pro, if I read it right, it has everything the v3.1 does, but also adds some WiFi connectivity, so it may become possible to adjust it through a smartphone or tablet(with some kind of WiFi module that'd connect to the ESC, I think).....
Old 04-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
No prob, & I have to admit, I'm kind of intrigued by the new one coming out, the XR10Pro, if I read it right, it has everything the v3.1 does, but also adds some WiFi connectivity, so it may become possible to adjust it through a smartphone or tablet(with some kind of WiFi module that'd connect to the ESC, I think).....
I believe the wifi module will be able to work with other HW esc like the v3.1 also, not just the xr10. I sure hope the fan on the xr10 is a lot quieter than the v3.1, that sucker can be annoying
Old 04-04-2016, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brew99
I believe the wifi module will be able to work with other HW esc like the v3.1 also, not just the xr10. I sure hope the fan on the xr10 is a lot quieter than the v3.1, that sucker can be annoying
Eh, I've never been too worried about the fans, as I've really never needed them(I just remove 'em when I install on my cars, never had any temp issues with any of them)....
Old 04-04-2016, 06:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

The blackbox will be very, very hard to beat.