Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
New Spektrum Radio DX6R >

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Old 03-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

You also have to turn off the Scan device prompt - go to into Google Settings, Security, Google Play Protect, Scan device for security threat = turn off – you can turn this function off. It stops giving you the prompt to Disable YouTube.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks !! I got that last night ... and it seems to be fixed ... now when can we actually update YouTube? Lol. I’m sure some has rooted one of these and fixed it. I see just by a quick google search this is a problem w older android devices
Old 03-30-2018, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

You hit the nail on the head, its an issue with Android and way that YouTube works with older Android builds. If your a wiz at Android programming you might be able to delete it. But the steps posted earlier have worked really well for me.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Everyone,
A new software package is available for down load from the Play Store. Version 2.02.06

New Features
• For US versions, DSM2 compatibility is now available allowing DSM2 receivers to be used
• Signal Strength is now available in the Telemetry screen when using telemetry receivers
• When powering up the system, the system now automatically loads RaceWare
• The Scroll wheel now moves the screen up and down
• The channel menus have been reordered such that the most used functions (like Travel Adjust, Sub Trim, and Reverse) are at the top of the screen.
• External telemetry module support (TM1500) is now available for all non-telemetry receivers

Improvements
• Steering Override settings remain after model changes and power cycles.
• AUX Setup screens are now stable when drive modes are changed
• AUX Toggle/Momentary settings are being properly applied and maintained across drive modes for trimmers
• In the ABS screen Pulses Per Second is changed to Speed
• Idle Up when assigned to a switch is now a toggle function
• When Idle Up is active, an alarm sounds
• When a custom curve is selected and then disabled the newly selected curve is properly accessed

Please PM me if you have any questions.
1M, sickpuppy1, rbrownsr and 3 others like this.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you!
Old 03-31-2018, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

For whatever reason, Spektrum apps sometimes have trouble identifying that my controller is a radio. So I updated RaceWare from the Google Play Store.

When I launched the app, it then updated. A popup then said that this software is only for DX6R radios. I was only able to launch it by powering down the radio and restarting it. This happened a long time ago with the serial number app too.

I haven't seen anything on Android updates so I assume we're stuck with what we've got. Pretty sure that's the only way to fix the YouTube issue.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Suggestions:
- Clickable Properties that show manual definition. For example, I forget what Steering Override is.
- Trim using the on the fly buttons is confusing. Right above the on the fly button is trim steps. I was expecting that to change when using trim. I needed to look at Channel properties to see that the trim was actually changing.
- If you are going to support changes of less than 1%, show the decimals. The trim step default is +9. I saw a video saying default used to be +4. When I set it to +1, it took a lot of clicks to get it to change 1%. Also, there's times where I can click and I can see the display change back and forth between 2 values. When I have Steering trim set to 0, My steering monitor shows -1%. I suspect decimals in play here.
- Optional screen sleep for RaceWare. I hate driving with the screen on.
- Add a charging indicator to RaceWare. It already shows battery level. Add that lightning bolt.
- I like that the scroll wheel can be used now. Would like to use the scroll wheel to set values. Would like it if I could press a bar then use scroll wheel to set value. Way faster than touch screen.
- Allow more than 5 drive modes.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by shagino
For whatever reason, Spektrum apps sometimes have trouble identifying that my controller is a radio. So I updated RaceWare from the Google Play Store.

When I launched the app, it then updated. A popup then said that this software is only for DX6R radios. I was only able to launch it by powering down the radio and restarting it. This happened a long time ago with the serial number app too.

I haven't seen anything on Android updates so I assume we're stuck with what we've got. Pretty sure that's the only way to fix the YouTube issue.
My update didn't go like that. I updated in google play, went to open the app and it said it had to quit to update, did that, and then opened the app again. I didn't have to power down. Question, do you have the 6400 DX6R or the 6410? I am using 6410
Old 03-31-2018, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mjh2157
My update didn't go like that. I updated in google play, went to open the app and it said it had to quit to update, did that, and then opened the app again. I didn't have to power down. Question, do you have the 6400 DX6R or the 6410? I am using 6410
6400 here. Didn't realize there were two models heh.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I clocked about 4 hours on the new update today. This was my experience:

- update install was seamless.
- Everything appeared to work fine after update, then when i pressed the power button to shut off the screen to save battery life, the screen would go dark (as expected), but then a few seconds later the transmitter would stop communicating with my rig. If i pressed the power button the screen would come on instantly and it would re-gain connection. Tried this several times with the same result.
- I uninstalled raceware and re-installed it.
- Now when i press the power button the screen goes off and everything is still communicating, so that appears to be resolved.
- However, my new problem is when you have the screen off to save battery life the buttons stop their audible beeps. For example, I have a scale crawler where I am using all 6 of my channels. When your driving, the audible beeps are huge for me to know if the button acknowledged my press and say my rear diff is now locked/unlocked, a transfer case is in hi/lo, front diff open/close and so on... Nick, is there anyway for me to activate the beeps when the screen is off???

- Matt
Old 04-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mjh2157
Well I clocked about 4 hours on the new update today. This was my experience:

- update install was seamless.
- Everything appeared to work fine after update, then when i pressed the power button to shut off the screen to save battery life, the screen would go dark (as expected), but then a few seconds later the transmitter would stop communicating with my rig. If i pressed the power button the screen would come on instantly and it would re-gain connection. Tried this several times with the same result.
- I uninstalled raceware and re-installed it.
- Now when i press the power button the screen goes off and everything is still communicating, so that appears to be resolved.
- However, my new problem is when you have the screen off to save battery life the buttons stop their audible beeps. For example, I have a scale crawler where I am using all 6 of my channels. When your driving, the audible beeps are huge for me to know if the button acknowledged my press and say my rear diff is now locked/unlocked, a transfer case is in hi/lo, front diff open/close and so on... Nick, is there anyway for me to activate the beeps when the screen is off???

- Matt
Matt,

If you have either wifi or Bluetooth active, when using Raceware - you can put the radio into "sleep" mode, but it will still be transmitting RF and Raceware will still function with all the beeps. Note that when you wake up the radio is takes a few seconds for it to update any changes on the screen.

On a side note, I have kept my DX6R on during club races at the track for 6-7 hours with no issues about needing to charge. Sometimes I remember to put it in sleep mode, sometimes I don't.
mjh2157 likes this.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Nick I figured I'd post in here then asking you on messenger, I did the update and tried my 3000 and 3100 had no luck getting them to bind. I did check the correct rx model in setup.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Matt,

If you have either wifi or Bluetooth active, when using Raceware - you can put the radio into "sleep" mode, but it will still be transmitting RF and Raceware will still function with all the beeps. Note that when you wake up the radio is takes a few seconds for it to update any changes on the screen.

On a side note, I have kept my DX6R on during club races at the track for 6-7 hours with no issues about needing to charge. Sometimes I remember to put it in sleep mode, sometimes I don't.
thank you Nick
Old 04-06-2018, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
Nick I figured I'd post in here then asking you on messenger, I did the update and tried my 3000 and 3100 had no luck getting them to bind. I did check the correct rx model in setup.
Jamie, the SR3100 should bind, its a DSM2. Unfortunately the SR3000 is a misprint - it should not have been added to the list its a DSM only receiver and the protocol is too different. The protocol will work with DSM2 and of course our current DSMR, but will not go back to the original DSM.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Jamie, the SR3100 should bind, its a DSM2. Unfortunately the SR3000 is a misprint - it should not have been added to the list its a DSM only receiver and the protocol is too different. The protocol will work with DSM2 and of course our current DSMR, but will not go back to the original DSM.
OK, I'll go back and try it again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.