Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dynamiteracer
This radio will be super I'm sure of that. The frame rate debate isn't even a thing to me because I honestly believe that there is no man or woman in this world that could tell the difference at any of those speeds. One millisecond is one one thousandths of a second. I mean come on really, think about it.
Totally agree! If phend can't outdrive a dx4 it's prob damn near humanly impossible for anybody else too........
Old 01-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
5.5 frame rate? Don't the better radios have a much faster frame rate? I wonder is they fixed the interference issues from other radios? And can it transmit further than say 100 feet? There are a lot of stupid things with the DX4R that were never addressed, and now they want to sell another version, nah. Ridiculous range, lots of interference from other radios, really! This will be a wait and see for me at best.
I have been running spektrum radios for well before I was sponsored by them. Never had interference issues. I did with the VERY old module in my KO EX-1 MARS but that was forever ago. Never had issues with my DX3R, or DX4R. Ran a huge nitro tracks.

Also run bashing with my kid next to large high power lines and can run the car beyond visual control. Not sure where you are running your stuff. I am not saying you don't have a valid complaint but never had an issue. I have and use stuff from the RTR radio's to the top stuff and have had no issues as you describe.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I have been running spektrum radios for well before I was sponsored by them. Never had interference issues. I did with the VERY old module in my KO EX-1 MARS but that was forever ago. Never had issues with my DX3R, or DX4R. Ran a huge nitro tracks.

Also run bashing with my kid next to large high power lines and can run the car beyond visual control. Not sure where you are running your stuff. I am not saying you don't have a valid complaint but never had an issue. I have and use stuff from the RTR radio's to the top stuff and have had no issues as you describe.
Agree.

Cant wait. Been looking to replace my 8 year old DX3R and 14 year old DX2. Was not too big of a fan of the DX4's. This may be the ticket
Old 01-29-2016, 01:29 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have said this in other posts of mine, but I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have never had an issue with my DX3R Pro. range is FAR more than I need-beyond visual control, never glitched, and it has been reliable.
I think this new radio will be very nice-
built in battery like most other electronics these days- no more posts asking what lipo will fit and where do I get one?
a touch screen that the Futabe 4PX should have had-
wifi and blue tooth connectivity that brings radios into the 21st century- like the 4PX and M12 should have had
more ergonomic adjustability than before and better aesthetics and a price that is less than the others
One feature I would have like seen included is a lanyard hook.
Are there features that Spektrum are late to the party with-sure, but that is corrected now with this radio. I am looking forward to seeing how these perform in the wild.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
I have said this in other posts of mine, but I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have never had an issue with my DX3R Pro. range is FAR more than I need-beyond visual control, never glitched, and it has been reliable.
I think this new radio will be very nice-
built in battery like most other electronics these days- no more posts asking what lipo will fit and where do I get one?
a touch screen that the Futabe 4PX should have had-
wifi and blue tooth connectivity that brings radios into the 21st century- like the 4PX and M12 should have had
more ergonomic adjustability than before and better aesthetics and a price that is less than the others
One feature I would have like seen included is a lanyard hook.
Are there features that Spektrum are late to the party with-sure, but that is corrected now with this radio. I am looking forward to seeing how these perform in the wild.
I was totally on board until you said (built in battery). Sounds cool. But how many times have you forgotten 2 charge n simply just popped in another battery!!!! Built means you have to charge the controller. N if ur charging at the track then thats less track time cause the remote is plugged in. I don't like that!!!!
Old 01-29-2016, 04:55 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes, there is potential for forgetting to charge the TX. It is nice that you can pop new AA batteries in a regular TX.
What I hope happens is that the charger base will have a USB port or some other option for a plug in addition to a standard house plug. That way whenever you are done driving, leave the TX on the base and you now have a constantly charged TX.
I guess it will have to be like my phone- it is too important for me to make sure it's charged so I have (knock on wood) never forgotten to charge it.
We shall see what the battery life will be like when it is release though.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
I was totally on board until you said (built in battery). Sounds cool. But how many times have you forgotten 2 charge n simply just popped in another battery!!!! Built means you have to charge the controller. N if ur charging at the track then thats less track time cause the remote is plugged in. I don't like that!!!!
The included charging base means you can always keep the radio topped off in the pits. Having a lipo in the radio means you should get incredible battery life. I agree the AA's were nice but this keeps weight down and the included base keeps it easy to stay charged.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clash of clans while waiting ??
Old 01-30-2016, 11:53 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Does it have some radio functionality exposed to apps? It would be interesting to create custom timers or mixes or linking multiple radios together for some fun driving.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Agreeing most that the dependable range from/to this system needs to be way in excess of 100 ft. lol . My recent curiosity is what RTR vehicle will Spectrum package This with ? . Anyone ? .
Old 02-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Elmuggoose11
Agreeing most that the dependable range from/to this system needs to be way in excess of 100 ft. lol . My recent curiosity is what RTR vehicle will Spectrum package This with ? . Anyone ? .
I doubt anything. They don't, to my knowledge package the DX4R with anything so don't see why they're package an even more expensive radio with any RTR.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
I'll try again:

Does this radio have a failsafe for both the steering and throttle?
Spektrum surface has always had the failsafe for throttle be where you set it at bind. However, steering has always been fail to neutral. That is actually programming in the receivers and we are working on making both fail to preset.
Originally Posted by Norse
June or July is when we can expect the new DX6 R? Any chance they will be released sooner?
June is the current release date. It will not be sooner.

Originally Posted by Dan.J
This may bring Spektrum back up to a top tier radio and may get some of us interested in them again as a possibility. I have seen in the past how much Ryan cares about things he is involved with (some of the TLR stuff in the past) I'm sure he has put his passion into this new radio so it should be a good one.
The thought is to get us to the top of the pyramid with this one and then we can go from there. I did manage to cut off the tip of my finger working on this project which is totally my fault, lol. The nice lady at the ER stitched it back on but it was pretty comical to hurt my throttle finger working on a radio to me.

Originally Posted by platgof
5.5 frame rate? Don't the better radios have a much faster frame rate? I wonder is they fixed the interference issues from other radios? And can it transmit further than say 100 feet? There are a lot of stupid things with the DX4R that were never addressed, and now they want to sell another version, nah. Ridiculous range, lots of interference from other radios, really! This will be a wait and see for me at best.
The DX4R Pro coupled with a DSMR receiver had range passed 1000ft and no intereference issues with other radios. Many chose to use the radio with older DSM2 and DSM receivers and those still would have the same older issues just as ANY brand has when using their older technology RF.

In regards to frame rate, frame rate goes hand in hand with latency. They are not tied together though. Our radios overall transmission of signal and controlling surfaces is at least equivalent or better than most out there rated at faster speeds when running ours at 5.5ms frame rate due to our programming.

Originally Posted by G the Menace
Will the smaller of the 2 steering wheels fit on my DX4R?
I am sorry but the whole adapter mechanism is different. I think dynamite makes an optional steering wheel for the DX4R that is smaller if that is what you are looking for.

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
I can understand where you are coming from here but with the included charging base and a 4000mah battery pack, battery life will not be an issue at all. The charging base is such that you will simply come back to the pit and set it on that base and it will be charging. The charge rate we are offering should charge the battery from a 10 minute run back to full in just a tinge longer than that time. However, off the charger, the radio will run for many many hours. We ran it at the NB show non stop for the whole show and didnt even recharge the pack once.

Originally Posted by dtr
Does it have some radio functionality exposed to apps? It would be interesting to create custom timers or mixes or linking multiple radios together for some fun driving.
We are working on some of this and many will be pretty happy with the outcome of what we already have going, but what we can do in the future is what people should really be talking about. Having this android based means a long great future.

Originally Posted by tobamiester
I doubt anything. They don't, to my knowledge package the DX4R with anything so don't see why they're package an even more expensive radio with any RTR.
Yeah, this radio will never be packaged with anything out there.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Prophet

They have other radios' that go with RTR. This will be the race radio and will be cost prohibitive to add to a RTR package.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Spektrum surface has always had the failsafe for throttle be where you set it at bind. However, steering has always been fail to neutral. That is actually programming in the receivers and we are working on making both fail to preset.
I assume by "neutral" you mean some preset intermediate value. But that's not how my DX4C operates with the SR410 and SR2000. Most times the servo will simply not receive any signal. Sometimes it receives a signal that drives it against its stops. The first situation is a bother; the second situation will burn out a servo if I don't notice in time. I've already lost an A5040 that way.

Copied from the DX3C manual:
"Failsafe positions are also set during binding. In the unlikely event that the radio link is lost during use, the receiver will drive the servos to their pre-programmed failsafe positions (normally full brakes and straight steering). If the receiver is turned on prior to turning on the transmitter, the receiver will enter the failsafe mode, driving the servos to their preset failsafe positions. When the transmitter is turned on, normal control is resumed. Failsafe servo positions are set during binding."
The last sentence implies that failsafe positions for both channels depend on what comes from the transmitter, and that was the case for my DX3C when using the SR300.

Last edited by howardcano; 02-02-2016 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added "and SR2000".
Old 02-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by howardcano
I assume by "neutral" you mean some preset intermediate value. But that's not how my DX4C operates with the SR410. Most times the servo will simply not receive any signal. Sometimes it receives a signal that drives it against its stops. The first situation is a bother; the second situation will burn out a servo if I don't notice in time. I've already lost an A5040 that way.
That is odd. I always rebind my receiver after I set all my radio settings. If not the servo will usually be slightly off until it binds and then go to center. Never had it freak out though. The fail-safe should be neutral settings when the radio was bound I think. At least that is what I have observed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.