Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hacker07
Howdy Folks. A new update is available at the play store. This does address some of the timer issues. It also addresses the model match issue that some experienced as well as a few other bugs. It also turned on BT model transfer so you can send your model to your buddy and he can simply bind and run your car if he wants to try it out.
Do we need to erase the old apps before installing the new apps or just download and install? Thanks
Old 12-23-2016, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sunnymok
Do we need to erase the old apps before installing the new apps or just download and install? Thanks
I just downloaded and installed from the App Store. Probably good to backup your models if you are worried but I updated in place. After launching, it updated the FW. Didn't take long.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by shagino
I just downloaded and installed from the App Store. Probably good to backup your models if you are worried but I updated in place. After launching, it updated the FW. Didn't take long.
Thank you Shagino.😄
Old 12-24-2016, 10:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just did the latest update 1.1.17 and did not erase my models so that is cool. They are getting this all figured out lots of cool little enhancements. They are listening and updating.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just updated mine as well. No hangups - no issues.

Happy racer
Old 12-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The new Google play store app seems to be the ticket for resolving update issues. Mine updated just as expected without any hiccups
Old 12-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

The google play store updates has certainly made updates easier to do, while at the same time reducing the chances of any problems. I also think a lot of the smoothness has to do with the simple matter of time, meaning more time with the radio for us users & testers, and more time with the software engineers to work at any bugs and issues.

I decided to keep my 6R in the end because I truly do feel that the growing pains are in the past with this radio, and it should be smooth sailing from here on out.

I love my 6R, and can't wait for the next round of enhancements & updates. Since i know Horizon & Spektrum are listening, ill add in some requests for the product and software designers:

1: Add more color options for models, and by more options I mean more bold options (red, yellow, green) . RC is all about bright bold colors, and for the most part the options we have now remind me more of L.L. Bean

2: The option to show steering & throttle monitors on the main dashboard instead of steering and throttle trim. Not a big deal, but the option would be nice.

3: Kind of a follow-up to request 2, but the option to replace the timer on the main dashboard with other options. In my experience in RC, the timer is one function that seems to get used the least, and yet most every manufacturer devotes the most screen space to it. If we had the option to totally customize what we see on the dashboard, that would be AMAZING.

3: SCROLL WHEEL. I would LOVE it if I could use the scroll wheel to scroll between the different dashboard screens. As it is, I like being able to press the wheel to jump to a screen, but it would be nice if I could use the wheel to scroll through all of them.

4:Optional Triggers. Can we expect them anytime soon? Or are you waiting for aftermarket companies to come up with a solution?
Old 12-26-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I just received a DX6R and was successful in updating to 1.1.17.

I have been unable to get the trim switches for steering and throttle to operate correctly. Observing the monitor, the steering and throttle values step from zero to +/- 29 when the assigned switches (B and A) are moved and return to zero when allowed to center. There is no beep when the switches are moved.

Switch F, assigned to Steering Rate, operates correctly.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot or correct the lack of correct trim operations would be appreciated.

Ed

HH Tech Support provided me with the solution and all is well.

Last edited by KingEd; 12-27-2016 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Issue resolved.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sunnymok
No Sir, that was just with the transition to the app store version. No need to delete anything and all of your model information will be there.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got home with mine and went to register it but it shows unknown for the serial number and it won't hook up to wifi. Am I doing something wrong or did I just spend a whole lot of money on a brick.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

make sure you are typing in the serial number correctly, as it is common to mistype some characters.

As for the Wifi, try moving closer to your router. I found the range on the 6R can sometimes be shorter. I ended up using my phone as a wifi hotspot, as I could keep it next to the radio.

Give that a try.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wkderf
make sure you are typing in the serial number correctly, as it is common to mistype some characters.

As for the Wifi, try moving closer to your router. I found the range on the 6R can sometimes be shorter. I ended up using my phone as a wifi hotspot, as I could keep it next to the radio.

Give that a try.
Thats my problem I can't find the serial number. When i go to that screen in the radio all it shows under serial number is unknown. The ip address in the radio says the same thing. Thinking I got one that had none of that installed on it.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well i found the serial number finally but I still can't get the wifi to work. I stood right next to my router and nothing shows up. Please help me here I'm not that computer savvy on these kind of things.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You need to get into the settings on the radio and make sure the wifi on the radio is on. Swipe from the top down an you should see the wifi symbol. Wifi by default is not on and wifi should be off to save battery when you don't need it.

You can also register through your computer at www.spektrumrc.com
Old 12-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Casper
You need to get into the settings on the radio and make sure the wifi on the radio is on. Swipe from the top down an you should see the wifi symbol. Wifi by default is not on and wifi should be off to save battery when you don't need it.

You can also register through your computer at www.spektrumrc.com
Thanks casper. Sat on the phone with support about an hour ago and seems mine unfortunately came with a dead wifi. Gotta send it back in. Easy come easy go I guess. Typical for my luck. Lol. Thanks anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.