R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   New Spektrum Radio DX6R (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/909073-new-spektrum-radio-dx6r.html)

sakadachi 01-27-2016 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Casper (Post 14366160)
Can't wait to get my hands on this thing. Should be an amazing radio. Ryan has literally bleed over this project! The biodegradability of this radio along with all the customization to fit personal preference on feel will make this radio second to none.

Awesome. Okay, I'm kinda excited now. It'd be FANTASTIC if I can revive the DSMR receivers I already have (I have a bunch of them) and run it on my other on-road chassis. :smile: I hope I like the throttle trigger feel too.. my kid can have my DX4S. LOL

Casper 01-27-2016 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tesla (Post 14366178)
wow so spektrum finally caught up to radiopost..LOL..

This is way more than a pretty color screen. It is a fully functioning touch screen like a cell phone or tablet. The use of the Android OS allows for amazing versatility and connectivity. Wifi, Bluetooth and physical USB connections. ability to accept additional apps and so much more.

Originally Posted by sakadachi (Post 14366191)
Awesome. Okay, I'm kinda excited now. It'd be FANTASTIC if I can revive the DSMR receivers I already have (I have a bunch of them) and run it on my other on-road chassis. :smile: I hope I like the throttle trigger feel too.. my kid can have my DX4S. LOL

As Ryan stated the trigger tension is adjustable as well as the throw and position. You will be able to adjust the radio to your liking.

howardcano 01-27-2016 02:03 PM

I'll try again:

Does this radio have a failsafe for both the steering and throttle?

Casper 01-27-2016 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by howardcano (Post 14366276)
I'll try again:

Does this radio have a failsafe for both the steering and throttle?

I am not sure. Have to wait for Ryan to respond. I don't have that level of knowledge at this time but with everything else this radio has I would be surprised for it not to. Being a 6 channel radio with insane mixing and control... but I don't know.

Norse 01-27-2016 03:23 PM

I was in the market for a new radio as I am putting my KoPropo EX10 Euros up. I was looking at the new KO's both the newest EX and their less expensive EX2. Also in the mix was the Futaba 4PX. Thought a little about Spectrum however when I saw this new one I felt the need to pre-order from Horizon. Will see how is hopefully soon. Honestly I can only imagine they would improve on issues and items that needed improvement.

If it's performance, quality etc, etc is equal to it the attention put forth in its great appearence; it will be one nice system to own. Time will soon tell.

SuperFastSnail 01-27-2016 03:57 PM

Availability

These won't be available till June but more like July. Time to start selling those DX4R Pro's.

Never had a glitch with my DX4R Pro. Only thing I wish SPEKTRUM would do is have an adjustable trigger so you can adjust the fitment of the trigger finger to have a better feel for the breaking action.

sakadachi 01-27-2016 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Casper (Post 14366224)
As Ryan stated the trigger tension is adjustable as well as the throw and position. You will be able to adjust the radio to your liking.

Thanks again, Casper! So far I like what I'm hearing and seeing.

Casper 01-27-2016 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail (Post 14366424)
These won't be available till June but more like July. Time to start selling those DX4R Pro's.

Never had a glitch with my DX4R Pro. Only thing I wish SPEKTRUM would do is have an adjustable trigger so you can adjust the fitment of the trigger finger to have a better feel for the breaking action.

Ryan agreed which is why this radio is so adjustable.

Norse 01-27-2016 05:03 PM

June or July is when we can expect the new DX6 R? Any chance they will be released sooner?

Dan.J 01-27-2016 05:56 PM

This may bring Spektrum back up to a top tier radio and may get some of us interested in them again as a possibility. I have seen in the past how much Ryan cares about things he is involved with (some of the TLR stuff in the past) I'm sure he has put his passion into this new radio so it should be a good one.

speeddaddy 01-28-2016 07:03 AM

I don't think it will be that expensive ether. That's probably the suggested retail price

RC Bombshells 01-28-2016 02:26 PM

Very exciting news. Podium girls around the world are gitty with anticipation of wrapping their hands around such a magnificent thing! (The radio that is.) Hats off to Ryan for putting in the labor, hours and innovation. We all trust he knows what racers want and need.

platgof 01-28-2016 03:51 PM

5.5 frame rate? Don't the better radios have a much faster frame rate? I wonder is they fixed the interference issues from other radios? And can it transmit further than say 100 feet? There are a lot of stupid things with the DX4R that were never addressed, and now they want to sell another version, nah. Ridiculous range, lots of interference from other radios, really! This will be a wait and see for me at best.

G the Menace 01-28-2016 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by hacker07 (Post 14365900)
Yes Sir, I understand. It will come with 2 different steering wheels. One is about the futaba/M12 size and one is the DX4R size. It also comes with 2 different steering cams so you can change how much throw you have as well as 2 different angle adapters so you can put your wheel at either 10 or 15 degree angles. The drop down can be mounted about every 5 degrees as well so you can get that lined up where you want it.

Will the smaller of the 2 steering wheels fit on my DX4R?

dynamiteracer 01-29-2016 03:56 AM

This radio will be super I'm sure of that. The frame rate debate isn't even a thing to me because I honestly believe that there is no man or woman in this world that could tell the difference at any of those speeds. One millisecond is one one thousandths of a second. I mean come on really, think about it.