New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Old 11-11-2022, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Crickets from Spektrum on a new successor to the DX6R
Old 11-11-2022, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ya they really are dropping the ball. I'm about to drop spektrum I want a newer radio. Moat people in my area have moved on from spektrum already. I'm sure they have something designed but with no info out their no one is going to wait around. Lots of options out there.
Old 11-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Based on my last post, I can’t say thatI blame you. Granted, Spektrum has probably been focusing on what sells (aircraft radios),but at the very least, they could be upfront about what the future holds for their surface line. Even the “most recently” updated DX5 Pro is coming up on two years since the refresh.

it’s just a shame, really - I haven’t been able to run any this year due to various factors, but I had people asking about my radio at an on-road event last December.

Well, if it turns out that this is the end of the line for “high-end Spektrum”, I may just go back to the brand I started with when I originally got into the hobby many, many years ago.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Need some help, I looked through this forum and did not find my answer but maybe missed it. I have the waterfall of death! I try to start up up my radio and the Spektrum logo waterfall comes up after a while the full Spektrum logo comes up and then the waterfall again then it say Android is starting, this last for a minute or so the it starts repeating back to the waterfall, logo, water, android is starting and keeps repeating. Does anyone know if there is an easy fix for this?
Old 01-06-2023, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Got it fixed
TurnNBurn likes this.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Does any one use this radio any more? what version of software is best? is it hard to update?
does this radio have longevity? Is it repairable?
what would value this radio at new / used now?
1M likes this.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:22 PM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I purchased mine new the "second" batch. I use mine at least once a week sometimes 2,3. Only trouble I have had was the you tube glitch. I wish they would have a new transmitter, I may just get the 5R PRO.

Old 01-12-2023, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

I haven’t raced as much as I’d like to, but I still have this radio. The easiest way To update is by way of updating the RaceWare app from the Google play store, which will also update to the latest firmware. I’ve never had any issues in 3 years of sporadic use, but as mentioned before, it would be nice to have gotten a new radio to be more in line with its iX Air equivalents… The radio has served me well, but a newer version of Android and a snappier processor like what the Air equivalents have gotten would be great addition to a DX6R successor, which will probably not see the light of day. Spektrum has simply just been focused on their air line.

I was willing to hand down my 6R to my daughter, but ended up getting her a ‘21 5 Pro instead.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

I had version 2 race ware ( new to me radio dx6r) went to upgarde race ware and got a error

there was a error updating the firmware, pleae quit and restart raceware

i keep getting this error, how do i up date the firm ware - where should i be looking
any help would be great
Old 04-01-2023, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod306
I had version 2 race ware ( new to me radio dx6r) went to upgarde race ware and got a error

there was a error updating the firmware, pleae quit and restart raceware

i keep getting this error, how do i up date the firm ware - where should i be looking
any help would be great
Getting the same error.

Got the radio used, it was factory reset by the previous owner so when I got it. I installed the new upgrade thru the app store. Radio is super slow. App keeps freezing. When I open the raceware app, it says to make sure wifi is connected, bluetooth is connected, all usb are disconnected, put the radio on sleep more by gentle pressing the power button, wait for the orange light to go off and turn the radio back on from sleep mode to finish the upgrade. I tried it 2 times so far, first time waited over 2 hrs but the light would not go off. 2nd time currently in the process and it has been 3.5 hrs so far. what am I doing wrong ? I would hate for the radio to be toast, I paid very high price to acquire one.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

I recall people discussing this problem about a year and a half to two years ago. If you’re viewing this on the mobile site, You might find the discussion and suggestions about 20 to 30 pages back.

IIRC, The latest version of the RaceWare software requires the latest firmware. The update from the Play Store is supposed to install the firmware first. It’s possible that maybe the firmware didn’t update properly, causing the issues you are seeing. Anyway, the procedure outlined in the thread helped out at least a few people. I hope that helps.
Old 01-21-2024, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Spektrum SPM9060 DX6R Upgrade Steering Dropdown

has any of you guys have done this mod?
what is the dif?
Old 01-22-2024, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Spektrum SPM9060 DX6R Upgrade Steering Dropdown

has any of you guys have done this mod?
what is the dif?
I bought it but I didn’t really notice a difference.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Who here is still using this radio dx6r or any spectrum radio. to race with?
Old 04-04-2024, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Who here is still using this radio dx6r or any spectrum radio. to race with?
I sold mine last month and switched to the mt12

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.