Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
New Spektrum Radio DX6R >

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Like Tree106Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Old 05-17-2019, 11:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
The blue light is in the orange lighted Spektrum logo in the front of the radio, on some its very faint. Look at the screen it will show battery is charging on the battery icon on the android screen on top. Once its on charge, you can put the radio in sleep mode (turn off screen) and it will keep charging.
“Look at the screen it will show battery is charging on the battery icon on the android screen on top.”
-Approx 20 seconds after initiating charging orange/blue light turns off & screen goes black. Tx goes to sleep as manual states. Pressing on Power Button displays battery icon on screen with progress bar. Called HH & 49 min. later they understand my problem & get same screen by moving the Roller Wheel. Can’t find that info in the manual. Guess no two radios act the same?

”Once its on charge, you can put the radio in sleep mode (turn off screen) and it will keep charging.”
-Screen goes dark on its own after 20 seconds as previously said. Radio keeps charging.

The only way (on my tx) to see charging progress is to press power button & observe battery icon with progress bar. Nothing in the manual on observing charging progress.

Guess why I’m frustrated is that the Quick Start Guide stated - The LED on the transmitter turns blue during charging and turns off when the battery is fully charged. - which is not the case.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by WJ Racing; 05-17-2019 at 11:48 PM. Reason: adding text
Old 05-28-2019, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 279 (99%+)

Anything new coming to the 6R anytime soon? I love updates!
Old 05-30-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just got the dx6r and I already set up a sr310 reciever. I just bought the sr515 receiver. How do I change the reciever model in the current model without deleting the whole model and starting over.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by croracer View Post
Just got the dx6r and I already set up a sr310 reciever. I just bought the sr515 receiver. How do I change the reciever model in the current model without deleting the whole model and starting over.
Just bind it and enjoy.... The actual labels for new receivers will be coming out In a future update.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jonski View Post
Anything new coming to the 6R anytime soon? I love updates!
See above....
Don't need to change very much right now, everything is working great. No other mfg can match the operation of the Raceware program - so easy to adjust, LCD/Touch screen is so smooth, no issues, everything working great. Steering upgrade improves the feel for racers looking for that type of feel. New receivers rolled out... all is good.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

See above....
Don't need to change very much right now, everything is working great. No other mfg can match the operation of the Raceware program - so easy to adjust, LCD/Touch screen is so smooth, no issues, everything working great. Steering upgrade improves the feel for racers looking for that type of feel. New receivers rolled out... all is good.
Followed your responses to customer questions as well as the TLR driver's in my area. Think I'm getting the DX6R. Looked long and hard at the DX5pro as well. Keep up the good work!!!

Old 05-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Everything is great. The 6R is an awesome radio! Thanks for making it so much better than when originally released.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Followed your responses to customer questions as well as the TLR driver's in my area. Think I'm getting the DX6R. Looked long and hard at the DX5pro as well. Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks STLNLST. Glad you made the choice, appreciate it. Enjoy, let me or any of the team guys if you have a question.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jonski View Post
Everything is great. The 6R is an awesome radio! Thanks for making it so much better than when originally released.
Thanks Jonski -- you should come see us next week at RC Fest. Going to be an awesome time for all things r/c!!!!
jonski likes this.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks for the tip, i binded it and it only registering at 11ms. the sr515 i believe is 5.5ms. i re bound serveral times and its the same 11ms. not a big deal. loving the radio tho coming from a ko RR.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

dont you have to go into option on radio to set it to 5,ms I think factory sets it to 11
Old 06-01-2019, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks STLNLST. Glad you made the choice, appreciate it. Enjoy, let me or any of the team guys if you have a question.
One small question,,,,All of the buttons on the drop down wheel have a lag in them when pressed. The audible tone sounds indicating that the button was pressed yet on the screen it shows nothing. I requires 2-3 clicks before you actually see anything happen on the screen. The F & G buttons respond immediately. Spoke to a few other guys and they also have this issue and they call it normal. Is it something possibly with the wire's in the drop down? It's weird to me because it beeps when pushed. Tomorrow will be the first practice/raceday. I'll report back after the races.

Last edited by STLNLST; 06-01-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Jonski -- you should come see us next week at RC Fest. Going to be an awesome time for all things r/c!!!!
I wish I could. Getting the house ready for my sonís open house, no time for rc at the moment.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post

One small question,,,,All of the buttons on the drop down wheel have a lag in them when pressed. The audible tone sounds indicating that the button was pressed yet on the screen it shows nothing. I requires 2-3 clicks before you actually see anything happen on the screen. The F & G buttons respond immediately. Spoke to a few other guys and they also have this issue and they call it normal. Is it something possibly with the wire's in the drop down? It's weird to me because it beeps when pushed. Tomorrow will be the first practice/raceday. I'll report back after the races.

Going to try and answer this without being too complicated. The Original 6R drop down (silver wheel), when the screws that hold the assembly together are too tight, it can bind the A, B and D buttons a little. Even seen when you get it moving, it doesn't stop. Most the time a small tweak of the screws, like a 1/16 of a turn can resolve it. The updated dropdown - SPM9060, is designed little different internally (hence updated), and does not seem to have that. With saying all that. Not every radio does this, but I have seen it happen couple of times. Also have seen using an air compressor to blow out any dust/dirt help it as well.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default "unfortunately, you tube has stopped" message

When I turned on the transmitter today it is displaying the above message. I hit the ok and it will disappear briefly and then return. Because of the message I can't do anything else on the radio. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried restarting the radio, unplugging the battery and restarting but nothing seems to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service