R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   xerun solid red for 6 seconds after update (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/908547-xerun-solid-red-6-seconds-after-update.html)

darkblood 01-22-2016 08:25 PM

xerun solid red for 6 seconds after update

Hello everyone. So I've had my xerun 120A 2.1 for a few months, never had any issues. its been great. My class is now enforcing blinky ESC modes. So i picked up a lcd programmer ( hobby wing ) , connected as per instructions. My pc recognized the ESC and current firmware. I went on the drop down list and went to 508 No timing. and updated it. After this. I shut everything down, and now my ESC just gives a solid red light for about 6 seconds and shuts off. It doesnt even provide power to my receiver. Its as though the update Bricked the Xerun. reset button doesnt work. and I tried hooking it back up to the PC to put the original Firmware/defaults. and it made no difference. its stuck with the solid red light.

Any ideas ?

malkiy 01-22-2016 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by darkblood (Post 14359952)
Hello everyone. So I've had my xerun 120A 2.1 for a few months, never had any issues. its been great. My class is now enforcing blinky ESC modes. So i picked up a lcd programmer ( hobby wing ) , connected as per instructions. My pc recognized the ESC and current firmware. I went on the drop down list and went to 508 No timing. and updated it. After this. I shut everything down, and now my ESC just gives a solid red light for about 6 seconds and shuts off. It doesnt even provide power to my receiver. Its as though the update Bricked the Xerun. reset button doesnt work. and I tried hooking it back up to the PC to put the original Firmware/defaults. and it made no difference. its stuck with the solid red light.

Any ideas ?

Use this email, [email protected], he is hobbywings tech support. He also goes by cobraracacing on rctech.

Geezatec 01-22-2016 11:52 PM

anytime you update firmware, its like installing a new ESC. Have to recalibrate the ESC Neutral, Full Throttle and braking. You may have to start from beginning by disconnecting Steering & ESC and rebind your TX & RX.

Rac3rX 01-23-2016 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Geezatec (Post 14360063)
anytime you update firmware, its like installing a new ESC. Have to recalibrate the ESC Neutral, Full Throttle and braking. You may have to start from beginning by disconnecting Steering & ESC and rebind your TX & RX.

Sounds about right. Seems like the ESC is getting a slight forward or reverse command during boot up and it won't arm the system until zero input.

Recalibrate the ESC to the TX/RX

darkblood 01-23-2016 07:13 AM

I tried that, but my receiver has no power. I know my receiver isnt dead, because I disconnected the ESC, and only hooked up a servo and a separate battery, reset the spektrum. and the servo works no problem. But when i disconnect that separate battery, and reconnect my ESC and flip the switch, its back to nothing. Just the solid LED on the esc, no power to the receiver.

I checked for Voltage on the connectors of the ESC that go to the Receiver. Im getting - on the black wire, 0 on the red. and 3.2 on the white wire. is this common ?

Geezatec 01-23-2016 07:50 AM

Stated above, you may have to start from the beginning. Remove steering servo & ESC. Use battery cage that comes with Spektrum, Bind the TX & RX. If it uses a jumper to Bind, Have jumper. When it confirms bind, reconnect servo & ESC and continue the calibration of ESC, per manual. Shut the ESC and radio system, then turn them on. It should intialize, LED should be normal, and operating.

darkblood 01-23-2016 08:19 AM

no luck :( I tried that a few times.

I checked again that I was getting power from the ESC to the rx. and still getting 3.2V. I read somewhere that I should be 5v + on this thing. I also called a local hobby shop, they told me my ESC might be in a single Cell mode ? therefore only providing the 3.2v to the RX. I checked my hobbywing USb link software, but I see no options for changing it to a 2 Cell.

I still only see a solid red light upon turning on the ESC, the reset button on the ESC has no effect either, Holding it down and turning ESC on doesnt do anything.

Geezatec 01-23-2016 08:49 AM

ESC should be 6v-4v to the RX. 3.2v maybe at your cut-off volt. Check you batteries make sure their full charged.That true for the 1cell Ck it out on blinky mode.

darkblood 02-03-2016 05:47 PM

yea.. so I had a few people look at it. and spoke with a lot of people on this topic. The ESC is fried. theres no options to change that output voltage in any settings in firmware, nor LCD. I went off and purchased a replacement, and updated to blinky firmware with no problems at all. so yea it was just a faulty ESC. and hobbywing had no solution to it.

Geezatec 02-04-2016 07:57 AM

I'd start from the beginning. First, erase the firmware from your PC. Rebind TX & RX, without Servo & ESC, Connect power using the Battery cage that comes with your Radio. Install Servo and ESC see if it operates. Re-DL Firmware to PC, install to Programmer, Download firmware to ESc. Then rebind RX & ESC.

When DL firmware You probably DL'ed missed a file. I used a higher end ESC it took me a couple time b4 I ironed it out.

Hope you get thing to operate well. It the waiting part that a pain in the Okole!!!