Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
TRS-403SSi Receiver bad? Won't bind. >

TRS-403SSi Receiver bad? Won't bind.

TRS-403SSi Receiver bad? Won't bind.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TRS-403SSi Receiver bad? Won't bind.

New here and new to this awesome sport and hobby. I have a new SC10 RTR. NiMh battery pack. The truck ran great for about 5 minutes when I first got it going, charged the battery overnight until it FINALLY showed a full charge then nothing. Truck wont do anything. Tried to bind per instructions, nada. Took it to the local shop and guys knew their stuff and they think the receiver is bad. When I try to bind it, the receiver just blinks really quick one time and can never get into bind mode. We unplugged all channels and ran power straight to receiver and couldn't get it to bind, never got a red/green light combo, no light for that matter. Battery was tested and charging fully. The ESC just blinks a slow red seeming to indicate no talk from the receiver. I plan to call AE on Monday but wondered if anyone had any other ideas or ran into this. Searched and couldn't find another post but surely someone has a conclusive idea. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Make sure the throttle trim on the transmitter is centered/at 0?
Old 01-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave H
Make sure the throttle trim on the transmitter is centered/at 0?
Thanks. It is set to 0. The issue seems to be the receiver is dead. When I power it on it blinks once and then done. Doesn't seem it ever gets in bind mode.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Bummer. If your dealer can't help call Associated, their service is good.