Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
AC Charger with DC output >

AC Charger with DC output

AC Charger with DC output

Old 12-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default AC Charger with DC output

I'm looking for a new charger for LiPo batteries and it would be nice to be able to charge receiver packs as well.

I'm have been trying to look for a charger with built in AC power supply which is capable of doing DC out to provide power for tyre warmers / occasionally a second charger.

A couple of years ago I remember MuchMore doing one of these with a built in 24a power supply.
More recently Elangears does with their AC/DC mini, but that only showssupplies DC out when not charging.

Are there other options I should be looking at?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ford_racing View Post
I'm looking for a new charger for LiPo batteries and it would be nice to be able to charge receiver packs as well.

I'm have been trying to look for a charger with built in AC power supply which is capable of doing DC out to provide power for tyre warmers / occasionally a second charger.

A couple of years ago I remember MuchMore doing one of these with a built in 24a power supply.
More recently Elangears does with their AC/DC mini, but that only showssupplies DC out when not charging.

Are there other options I should be looking at?

Thanks
My Elan R X2 does DC out when charging via AC current. I wouldnt see why the AC/DC Mini wouldnt allow that as well.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Don't know if this brand is known in your part of the world via a distributor, but this charger does exactly what you're asking for:

http://cs-shop.de/CS-Space-X2-AC-DUO..._1#description

The description is only in German, but it comes down to this:

2x10A charge (DUO)

AC input 240V

Output can be used as a DC output, adjustable voltage and current, up to 10 amps.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

All chargers output DC current but running something off of one of the normal outputs would not be a good idea as they usually dont supply the steady current that is needed.
A power supply and DC charger would do exactly what you want. The only downside would be carrying the power supply. Hitec x1 pro is decently small and would do what you are looking for.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

The charger I mentioned can be used as a power supply. Because it's a duo charger, you can, for instance, charge a lipo using output 1 and hook up your tire warmers to output 2. Output 2, in this case, can operate as a fully adjustable power supply.