Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree160Likes

Maclan Racing Products Discussion

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-30-2018, 09:59 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Maclan Racing Products Discussion
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Updates here

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sunday_driver
Notch up another incidence of this problem. My brother's Pico has started doing this after only a handful of race days. Motor stutters under acceleration unless you wind up throttle slowly. Motor runs perfectly fine off another esc.
What is causing this?
I am sure I have read about this problem multiple times in this thread since the Pico was released.
Check your PM, need some info.... thanks
Old 03-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

hey nikos, any news on the 1/8 buggy / SCT esc?

Also, you guys get a final fix for that issue with reverse not working consistently when using hybrid mode? I heard someone got something that was better, but nothing final out there. Be nice for the summer to run consistent practice laps without having to run down from the drivers stand if nose in somewhere.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sunday_driver
Notch up another incidence of this problem. My brother's Pico has started doing this after only a handful of race days. Motor stutters under acceleration unless you wind up throttle slowly. Motor runs perfectly fine off another esc.
What is causing this?
I am sure I have read about this problem multiple times in this thread since the Pico was released.
After I posted my problem which was similar to this, I sent the vid to the Maclan FB page and they told me to send the ESC in for warranty. Turned out to be a drive gate issue.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
hey nikos, any news on the 1/8 buggy / SCT esc?

Also, you guys get a final fix for that issue with reverse not working consistently when using hybrid mode? I heard someone got something that was better, but nothing final out there. Be nice for the summer to run consistent practice laps without having to run down from the drivers stand if nose in somewhere.
For 1/8 esc, it is being worked on at full throttle, testing now.

For firmware, a new version is also being worked on for both escs. I am unsure if reverse will be remapped. Everything is being considered and tested.
Cain likes this.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How’s the iPhone programming app coming along? I have 3 MMax pros and luckily my wife had her old Samsung laying around for me to use. I’m looking forward to using my current iPhone to make track side changes. I’d be glad to do beta testing.
So far I am very happy with the motors and ESCs from Maclan.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Legend

the 1/8 esc, will that work with truggies too?
Old 03-22-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Smile

HEY GUYS THIS IS FIRST YEAR RUNNING A E-buugy, I ordered the Tekin RX8 ESC Gen 3, but heard the combo or motor end is discontinued, as when my LHS <which we all support right?? hahha> he placed a call and was told it was discontinued??? I know there all over eBay, but if a Gen 3 motor comes out, better believe it will be same day, I drop finished e-buggy on track for first time!

Ok so to the point, Im looking for a 1/8 e-Buggy motor 1900kv is fine, I saw these guys, maybe its the name, not sure, but why so expensive? do they run same speed or faster than 1900kv competitors, but COOLER, see thats where I consider a "advantage" and worth the $$, but if there side by side w/Tekin esc, with NO KNOWN Advantages, unless they have a ESC that utilizes the perks, which I don't, so it wouldn't be the motor for me,

Any advise, My WIFE thanks you, for me saving money .,,..,LOL..,.,.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

I was serious about the support LHS, I already see retailers not selling to hobby shops selling cheaper on line and direct, thats fine for the vets, but the newcomers? sorry off track..//
Old 03-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
the 1/8 esc, will that work with truggies too?
Yes it will, including with our truggy motor
Cain likes this.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
I was serious about the support LHS, I already see retailers not selling to hobby shops selling cheaper on line and direct, thats fine for the vets, but the newcomers? sorry off track..//
We want to support local hobby shops also!!! Our prices are set MAP, which means a hobby shop should be selling the product the same price as on line dealers. We want more dealers to sell our stuff and make them better deals than some other brands out there.... its their choice to buy our products. Go ask them to get our stuff!!! As long as they are legitimate dealer (you would not believe what some people try), we are open to working with them.
Rebuke and Holmestead like this.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nikos2002
We want to support local hobby shops also!!! Our prices are set MAP, which means a hobby shop should be selling the product the same price as on line dealers. We want more dealers to sell our stuff and make them better deals than some other brands out there.... its their choice to buy our products. Go ask them to get our stuff!!! As long as they are legitimate dealer (you would not believe what some people try), we are open to working with them.
oh I do, I owned Xtreme rc in NJ for 10 years , sold as my Real job paid the bills and the time was killing me, guy ran it into the ground, and welched on 15k I FINANCED FOR HIM, store ALWAYS MADE MONEY, he thought he could hire a kid, who honestly, could care less about his money, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE, THE reason it was a success for me, Sundays I offered to break in and teach all newcomers into the hobby, I had a great open space, and I did it on my time, for the love of the hobby, I know all about MAP< Minimum Advertised Pricing, thats were if I sold at MAP I made the most money, nut I never did, people think hobby shops sell a kit for 600 and pocket 300, YEA RIGHT, I was lucky on RACE kits to make 50$, and RTR, maybe a little better

, I Had to sell TONS OF THE LITTLE STUFF, to make money, I remember I had a order from HRP, all kits, 22k worth, I looked at one of my guys, showed him the bill and if while we were stocking, he figured CLOSE to how much I would make, if someone walked in and bought all 22 of those kits, the BOXES were to the Ceiling.......he said 2,500, I hit the floor, HE HAD NO IDEA...I'm not going into details, as its no ones business, except the guy selling, and producing...but you know what im talking about....

And to answer your question, et me take a stab, lets see, you get apps for on-line, or kids like Let me Sample your product, before I stock my shelves, with moms house address? getting HOT yet? lol....BRICK AND MORTOR, that right there, proves my validity.....
Old 03-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

So!I had been needing a new ESC and motor for my RC10F6 I'm building, had been considering a few different brands, was going to go a fantom 21.5, but after reading through this thread, I've been convinced on the quality of Maclan products. And their support appears excellent too. So, on their way to me are a Pico, 21.5 TE V2, and a 3600 mAh
Cain, Riverbluff, kaistas and 1 others like this.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

/\/\/\ That's cool!! /\/\/\
Holmestead likes this.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Tech Legend

Can the 1/8 buggy motors be used in 1/8 truggy?
Old 03-30-2018, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Yes, guys have been running the 8.2's in buggy and truck since they came out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.