Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Maclan Racing Products Discussion >

Maclan Racing Products Discussion

Like Tree130Likes

Maclan Racing Products Discussion

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-30-2018, 09:59 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Maclan Racing Products Discussion
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Updates here

Print Wikipost

Old 01-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I decided to repurpose a old havoc pro sc into a 1/10 buggy, thats how i feel of the selection available right now.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

lol.

Yeah, slim pickins. Most of the stuff has the HW look to it, so I figured why go through a middle man to pay $$$ for there programmer that looks the same for less.

But I am crossing my fingers for maclan.

Put it this way, I am a BIG warranty guy. In the sense I believe if you truly believe your stuff is the best, you stand behind it with the best warranty, or else why don't you then?

With Maclan using a 120 day warranty instead of 6 months or a year like some other brands, I am still wanting to see what is coming down the pipe from them. That is how much my experiences with Viper meant to me. Even when the xpert servo I got in killed 3 VTX8 esc's, still was happy with getting more of the esc's as I feel they offered something not seen by other companies.

I am hoping Maclan can live up to that, even if I dont' agree with the new shorter warranty length.

So, all that said, are there any queues on the "look" of the escs we can expect? I wouldn't mind seeing a sleek black esc with a "silver" trim around its edges. always liked that look.

Also, would love if they could look into a more plug and play setup for the capacitor, power harness, and receiver lead wire too. being able to put in the length I need was a bit plus on my old speed passions.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since the havoc has a huge capacitor i decided to remote locate it and use xt60 connectors to plug it in. So i can remove it or esc separately
Old 01-21-2016, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

To follow up on some posts from the other day.

No -- JP and Travis were only running the new motors at CRCRC, not speed controls.

We have to get the motors out before we can go to the next step. When we get to this point in the process - its one project at a time, do it right, then move one.

We wish the new speedos were out also, its just the way the world works.

And Cain, my friend, I can tell you the warranty period on all of our new products is going to be in line with all other major manufactures of r/c electronics. Do we design and choose pieces to last longer - YES. That is the idea - give you guys high performance products, with ideas and innovations to help your performance, do it at an affordable price and make it last the best we can. The reality of electronics is, if you buy something, plug it in and it works - the factory has done the majority of its job. A high percentage of (very high) percentage of defects happen very early in the user process. If you have been using a product for 4, 5, 6 months.....the chances are very, very low that a defect would cause a failure.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

first teaser from the Reedy Race.....

Old 01-22-2016, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

I love the current design of the can, it adds a little eyecandy to the chassis. Im quite excited to see these motors get released.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Tech Legend

nikos2002: no prob. Like I said, we have a difference of opinion on that one, but its not enough that i am not going to give you guys a serious look when the stuff is out in the wild as I enjoyed my Viper products immensely.

I trusted my VTX8s enough that if the Maclan products are as robust, short of getting another servo like that xpert one I had that at the ESCs for breakfast, I kept them after the warranty was over as in 1/8, I found it good to just run till warranty and sell, then get another. Vipers never had that cross my mind to do. loved them that much!

Any perks for first run adopters?

I want a Maclan pit towel
Old 01-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post

No -- JP and Travis were only running the new motors at CRCRC, not speed controls.

We have to get the motors out before we can go to the next step. When we get to this point in the process - its one project at a time, do it right, then move one.

And Cain, my friend, I can tell you the warranty period on all of our new products is going to be in line with all other major manufactures of r/c electronics. Do we design and choose pieces to last longer - YES. That is the idea - give you guys high performance products, with ideas and innovations to help your performance, do it at an affordable price and make it last the best we can. The reality of electronics is, if you buy something, plug it in and it works - the factory has done the majority of its job. A high percentage of (very high) percentage of defects happen very early in the user process. If you have been using a product for 4, 5, 6 months.....the chances are very, very low that a defect would cause a failure.
EXACTLY!

Personally, the customers who cry for year long warranties would scare me as a manufacturer.

(that goes for any brand)
Old 01-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
EXACTLY!

Personally, the customers who cry for year long warranties would scare me as a manufacturer.

(that goes for any brand)
i partially agree...

The reality of electronics is, if you buy something, plug it in and it works - the factory has done the majority of its job.
i disagree. the most common issue i could think of would be a poor solder job (internally). this may take a few jumps or crashes to surface.

If you have been using a product for 4, 5, 6 months.....the chances are very, very low that a defect would cause a failure.
now this i agree with 100%.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

http://events.redrc.net/2016/01/chas...vis-amezcua-2/

It lists Maclan motor and esc, but it is a VTX10…
Old 01-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can't wait to get my Maclan motors. Just wish the Canadian dollar wasn't in the crapper right now...lol. It'll be worth it though. I'm still running my original VST motors and Vtrax ESCs!!
Old 01-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by manumanrc View Post
http://events.redrc.net/2016/01/chas...vis-amezcua-2/

It lists Maclan motor and esc, but it is a VTX10
Yeah, why not, we are not going to promote something discontinued. Plus, you know old things can be test beds for new things...
Old 01-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jamie James View Post
Can't wait to get my Maclan motors. Just wish the Canadian dollar wasn't in the crapper right now...lol. It'll be worth it though. I'm still running my original VST motors and Vtrax ESCs!!
VTRAX!! That pre-production, its not even a dinosaur, its the egg the dinosaur came from!!! And it still runs!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

VTRAX!! That pre-production, its not even a dinosaur, its the egg the dinosaur came from!!! And it still runs!!!
Lmao

I know. They still work flawlessly!! I just dI'd the updates. I think both are running A55. I'll have to check to be sure. Pretty sure that was the last update I did.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Legend

Yeah, why not, we are not going to promote something discontinued. Plus, you know old things can be test beds for new things...
Was actually surprised you guys didn't go all stealth with covering up any identifying markers on the esc lol like other companies I have seen do when testing.

With you guys using the VTX10 as a test bed, what are things that you feel could be improved upon that it offered?

For the Maclan motor, will we get motors out of the box that have a 12.5mm rotor for blinky classes like 17.5 stock?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service