Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree160Likes

Maclan Racing Products Discussion

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-30-2018, 09:59 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Maclan Racing Products Discussion
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Updates here

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 01:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I am unsure what roar rule is prompting everyone to make new spec motors. Did they loosen the rules, thus companies are having to make new motors to compete?
Old 09-15-2017, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,
I had an issue calibrating my mmax esc. It seems to be maybe a problem spectrum DX4s or just some of them anyways.
The esc won't go into program mode. The way I resolved this was to manually set the end point on my Tx. Originally I didn't have full brake and full throttle.
The steps were;
1)Set a neutral position with the sub trim (My sub trim neutral was set at B54 but it may vary). note: The sub trim neutral needs to be set as close as possible to throttle coming on by it self, and then go a few clicks further to hold neutral.
2)set travel (AKA - end poits) to 150% for both brake and throttle.
3)re bind Tx to Rx using standard spectrum binding procedure
4)pull bind plug out and turn the esc off
5)turn the esc on and let it go through normal start up.
6)set the neutral with sub trim to half way between applying throttle automatically and brakes automatically. So if throttle coming in is B54 and brake coming on is B94 the pick the middle B74.
7) reduce travel (aka end points) from 150% to the percentage that works. Mine was 95% brake and 120% throttle.

And that's it. This will manually give you full brake, full throttle and a neutral.

I hope this helps anyone havering the same issue. Any questions Pm me and I will get back to you asap.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I am unsure what roar rule is prompting everyone to make new spec motors. Did they loosen the rules, thus companies are having to make new motors to compete?
I think they just did something about standardizing IR numbers for spec motors? I believe there was discussion on it in the Chat Lounge. But I never looked much into it.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey folks

After REALLY liking the Viper ESCs I'm very tempted to take a stab at the Maclan ESCs especially now seeing that the USB functionality is turned on.

Has anyone tried running the ESC in 13.5T boosted on-road? Looking to check out some baseline settings for the ESC.

Cheers!
Old 09-17-2017, 09:58 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What can timing should I have on a 6.5t maclan with a MMax esc set to level 3 ?
Old 09-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Well at least I got SOME good news today. Looks like the new goodies I ordered from Maclan's web store just got shipped out today. Meaning I should have my Pico in a few days
Cain likes this.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

What happened to the Maclan support thats usually on the forums? One thing that was tempting me to pick up a Maclan ESC is some of the support that their stuff gets but if it's not there, might just stick to my other ESCs that I have program cards for.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Lurker with the (wrongly assumed) DOA ESC again.

Spoke with Ian(I think) via phone and was instructed to re-flash the bugger. I did so and all is well. No reverse as of yet but that’s a calibration/TX issue to sort.

I did hook up an old Xceleron to the 6.0 Maclean MMR motor though to just see what a 6 turn is like. My poor slipper wasn’t tuned for such idiocy. Squealed with protest and still lit up the tires on some wicked grippy tarmac. It’s a ripper now, throttle on oversteer when the notion hits. Motor stays cool too, I’ve got gobs of gearing overhead I think to really make a missile out of the B44.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
What happened to the Maclan support thats usually on the forums? One thing that was tempting me to pick up a Maclan ESC is some of the support that their stuff gets but if it's not there, might just stick to my other ESCs that I have program cards for.
Could be they're just busy with races. Their actual tech support line seems to be ready and waiting for people to call in though.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm right here I browse daily, feel free to email me or contact me on here at any time for any reason. email is ian.maize@hobbyauthority-dist(dot)com
Cain and Holmestead like this.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:11 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Nikos was busy with some things but got back to me via pm.

Piccos on the way here too, monday it looks like I should see it.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
Nikos was busy with some things but got back to me via pm.

Piccos on the way here too, monday it looks like I should see it.
Mine is on the truck for delivery today I'll get some side by side pics with the Mmax tonight
Old 09-22-2017, 03:11 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Baja-Boy
I'm right here I browse daily, feel free to email me or contact me on here at any time for any reason. email is ian.maize@hobbyauthority-dist(dot)com
Ian, for the new V2 motor do you know what the rotors are averaging for numbers that are included with the motor and what the new ultra torque rotors are averaging? Torque is king here so curious especially with carpet season coming up.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone tried running the ESC in 13.5T boosted on-road? Looking to check out some baseline settings for the ESC.
Was looking for a base line setting for 13.5T boosted on-road. Would have liked to see if there's a conservative baseline rather than having to explore and find out all the settings myself first.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

It really is a baby Mmax Pro lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.