Wiki Posts
Search

New XPERT R1 servos

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default New XPERT R1 servos

Has anyone seen these in person yet? They really look the business and have some really cool features. They are not cheap and are aimed at the rc Heli market but with the detachable lead and overheat cutoff they would make great car servos. There is a Heli guy in Oz that has done a couple vids on YouTube with them, one is an unboxing and the other is showing them running on the bench in his Heli and man they look impressive. I'm wondering if other manufacturers will follow suit with the detachable lead feature, it would make wrenching and cleaning/re-building easier id think without having to undo wiring and re-run leads and so forth. In the unboxing video the lead is really secure and doesnt just slip in and out of the port with ease and apparently you can use different length leads to suit your application so no more extra messy wiring hanging around everywhere and no more soldering and cut/lengthening wires, just unplug and plug.
What are others thoughts on these? I have never used XPERT servos and have heard very little of them apart from this so I'm not sure how they will hold up and perform apart from the 2 vids I seen.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fizzy
Has anyone seen these in person yet? They really look the business and have some really cool features. They are not cheap and are aimed at the rc Heli market but with the detachable lead and overheat cutoff they would make great car servos. There is a Heli guy in Oz that has done a couple vids on YouTube with them, one is an unboxing and the other is showing them running on the bench in his Heli and man they look impressive. I'm wondering if other manufacturers will follow suit with the detachable lead feature, it would make wrenching and cleaning/re-building easier id think without having to undo wiring and re-run leads and so forth. In the unboxing video the lead is really secure and doesnt just slip in and out of the port with ease and apparently you can use different length leads to suit your application so no more extra messy wiring hanging around everywhere and no more soldering and cut/lengthening wires, just unplug and plug.
What are others thoughts on these? I have never used XPERT servos and have heard very little of them apart from this so I'm not sure how they will hold up and perform apart from the 2 vids I seen.
Spektrum already has servos with this feature. While it's a neat idea there have been fitment issues in some chassis. I'd suggest researching before committing. Personally I'm not a fan of more connectors, I'd prefer hard wiring for what is normally a rarely changed part.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

What type of fitment issues? you've got me confused
Old 11-21-2015, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Apparently the connector sticks out and/or is less flexible than a traditional lead. Can interfere for example with chassis ribs/bracing in a molded chassis. Doesn't fit in some buggies without modification to chassis and/or wire. Been mentioned several times in the B5M thread for one. They can be used, just takes some work and willingness to hack a little as I understand it.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Ok now I got ya