Search

Hobbywing XERUN Justock

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:22 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Braking

I thought the braking was weak too coming from Tekin. 2 batteries into it and I'm loving how smooth it is. I bought a program card to make some changes but now I don't want to. Any tips regarding ESC setup tips with the program card? Thx!
Old 04-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
I thought the braking was weak too coming from Tekin. 2 batteries into it and I'm loving how smooth it is. I bought a program card to make some changes but now I don't want to. Any tips regarding ESC setup tips with the program card? Thx!
Do you mind sharing which motor you are using with it? Also how much weaker was the braking in your opinion? This is the only concern I have going to buy another hobby wing product.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Do you mind sharing which motor you are using with it? Also how much weaker was the braking in your opinion? This is the only concern I have going to buy another hobby wing product.
Just FYI- more adjustability on the v3.1 vs the justock though, but its definitely not weak. You can fine tune the brake curve on the higher end ESCs. I however run both depending on the motor and chassis.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Can someone comment on the braking performance of this esc? in the past hobby wing have pretty weak braking performance for me.
Tho I can not comment on the Just Stock braking, I can tell you that the V2.1 I currently have in my TLR SCTE 2.0 has some damn good brakes. So good in fact that I have braking set at 50% and initial brake at 20%. It will stop my truck with a 4.5T 550 2 pole at full throttle really quick on the carpet off road tracks I race on. The braking is supper smooth as well.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

You guys mentioned their stock class motors are weak. I was thinking of getting an XR10 + a 21.5 V10 G2 to replace my current Speed Passion Cirtix Stock and 3.0 21.5 motor.

It's for 21.5 Touring Car blinky class on an Associated TC4 chassi.

I'm finding the Speed Passion motor to be running way way to hot no mater what gearing I try and the Hobbywing equipped cars at my track are running more consistent towards the end of the run when I'm already at over 170 degrees on the motor.

Was thinking of replacing the ESC as well as I've read these XR10's are particularly strong with the latest fw update.

My other motor choice is a Trinity Revtech 24k 21.5.

We are running on a large sweeping 1/8th scale track and most use FDR's between 2.9 and 3.2 on the TC4 cars. Very hot ambient temps (95F+).

Any suggestions?