Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need a good Charger Option

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need a good lipo Charger Option

Hi , I currently Have A Hitech x1 charger that works ok.The Issue is that I have 8 lipos to charge, so I wanted to get some options on what is the best charger to get?
I was Looking at the

Advantage Touch Duo AC/DC ChargerBy ORION

Hitech X4 Plus AC/DC 4-Port Multi-Charger NiCD/NiMH/Li

What are the differences beween the 2?
Is it maybe a better option to get 2 duos?

Thanks

Last edited by Italo2275; 09-04-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a HiTech x2 works ok no complaints.
But this is on my wish list....
http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-308duo.html

They also sell cell pro which are very good chargers!
Old 09-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If your serious about the hobby and plan to stay involved in it and looking at higher end chargers like the Orion duo take the time to have a good hard look at the icharger duo line. Had my 406 duo for about a year now and it has been flawless and does EVERYTHING I want/need it to do without issue. I had a few other chargers before this one including the Orion touch duo and honestly this icharger is a much more capable charger in every way.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dan.J
If your serious about the hobby and plan to stay involved in it and looking at higher end chargers like the Orion duo take the time to have a good hard look at the icharger duo line. Had my 406 duo for about a year now and it has been flawless and does EVERYTHING I want/need it to do without issue. I had a few other chargers before this one including the Orion touch duo and honestly this icharger is a much more capable charger in every way.
So what are the advantages from getting the 4 port hitech vs this icharger which does 2.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Italo2275
So what are the advantages from getting the 4 port hitech vs this icharger which does 2.
Speed, accuracy, ability to parallel charge at high amps, and you will never need to buy another charger. I myself was in this same situation about a month ago. I have two of the hitec x4 chargers. I just bought the icharger 4010 duo and two parallel boards. I love it. I am able to balance charge 8 2s packs in half or less time than the hitec will charge without balancing. For example, last night I ran a race with my 7200 SMC, took it off the track and topped it off for the next round, charging at 2c, it was done balance charging in 6 minutes! Same pack on my hitec took over 30 without balancing. I can't even get a 1c rate on those packs with my hitecs. If you decide to go this way you will not regret it. Worth every penny.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
Speed, accuracy, ability to parallel charge at high amps, and you will never need to buy another charger. I myself was in this same situation about a month ago. I have two of the hitec x4 chargers. I just bought the icharger 4010 duo and two parallel boards. I love it. I am able to balance charge 8 2s packs in half or less time than the hitec will charge without balancing. For example, last night I ran a race with my 7200 SMC, took it off the track and topped it off for the next round, charging at 2c, it was done balance charging in 6 minutes! Same pack on my hitec took over 30 without balancing. I can't even get a 1c rate on those packs with my hitecs. If you decide to go this way you will not regret it. Worth every penny.
Thanks for the input, I will definitely look at it. The one doubt I have is I dont have allot of the same cell count in order to parallel more than 2 batteries.
I have 2x4s 2x2s and 2x3s
Old 09-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy

6 minutes ! damn I need to upgrade. I use the same hitec as the original poster and it works well but takes around a hour to balance charge a 2 cell at 1c.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ok let me help on the 6 min statement. I race oval. We use about 1200mah or less per round. 4 minute race. I use the weight of a 7200 or 5000 to help tune the car. With that said, from storage the 7200 took about 15 min at 2c to balance charge. I also have a 24V 62A 1500w power supply.