Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Monster X release

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kawi650
There are still a few things that remain unclear after looking over the manual.

- How exactly does the adjustment via the 3rd channel work? How would the radio have to be set up to make the adjustments?
- In the manual, the sensor adapter looks like a sensor wire extension. Is there some kind of special connector on the ESC that prevents the sensor from plugging directly into the ESC?
- If Futaba S-bus is supported through an adapter, is SSL support for Airtronics radios possible?
Yes, I asked about this on the RC-Monster forum.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slapjack
What about the whole sensored deal. If we want to take advantage of that we would need to buy a different brand motor? Or is Castle going to have a motor that can be run sensored? Like a new 1515 or something?
We may have a sensor motor option in the future - - but not any time real soon.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kawi650
There are still a few things that remain unclear after looking over the manual.

- How exactly does the adjustment via the 3rd channel work? How would the radio have to be set up to make the adjustments?
- In the manual, the sensor adapter looks like a sensor wire extension. Is there some kind of special connector on the ESC that prevents the sensor from plugging directly into the ESC?
- If Futaba S-bus is supported through an adapter, is SSL support for Airtronics radios possible?
The 3rd channel just plugs into an unused channel on the receiver. Setup for the third channel is done in the Link application, and typically you would set it up for use on a transmitter knob.

The ESC uses a standard 2mm header block for the sensor -- the adapter has a 2mm female header on one side, and the standard JST sensor connector on the other side.

Yes, it's possible for other radios to support the telemetry -- There is a published specification on our website.

Thanks!

Patrick
Old 07-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any reviews of the ESC?
Old 07-13-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cbs007
Any reviews of the ESC?
This ESC hasn't started shipping to the general public yet.

Late this month we will see the first shipments of Monster X.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

BTW, they are now available for pre-order.

The very first units will be shipping early next week, during this limited time promo.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...r_x_promo.html

Thanks!

Patrick
Old 07-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Subscribed
Old 07-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

So this esc cannot operate a sensored motor with a standard sensor wire? If i have to purchase something separately, then Tekin or Hobbywing gets my money.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Apexracing
So this esc cannot operate a sensored motor with a standard sensor wire? If i have to purchase something separately, then Tekin or Hobbywing gets my money.
I think the standard sensor harness plugs are crap so if this is better it doesn't bother me one bit. It jsut better be reasonably priced
Old 07-14-2015, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ive never had an issue with a sensor harness. But if a adaptor is required. You think they would include it.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Ive never had an issue with a sensor harness. But if a adaptor is required. You think they would include it.
If they included it, the majority of their customers would be paying for something they would never use.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ta_man
If they included it, the majority of their customers would be paying for something they would never use.
More people run Sensored equipment then you think, its 100x smoother for bashing and for racing. Its worth the money to have.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

More people run Sensored equipment then you think, its 100x smoother for bashing and for racing. Its worth the money to have.
I have a fun little challenge for you. When you get your hands on a Monster X, race or bash with it with the sensor wire connected for X amount of time then disconnect the sensor wire and drive it the same way. You will be pleasantly surprised with the non sensored operation. The engineers at Castle have done an amazing job with the programming both on and off sensor.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Great looking ESC. Nice job to the Castle guys for stepping up and making this esc.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
I have a fun little challenge for you. When you get your hands on a Monster X, race or bash with it with the sensor wire connected for X amount of time then disconnect the sensor wire and drive it the same way. You will be pleasantly surprised with the non sensored operation. The engineers at Castle have done an amazing job with the programming both on and off sensor.
This would primarly go in my 1:8 e buggy. Parts of our course is tight and technical. The low end on 4s isnt very smooth with the mamba monster v3. I know the rx8 and hobbywing only use sensored for start up. But generally they have better throttle control at low speeds. I'm still on the fence on what system to get. i've race for many years but just got into 1/8 ebuggy. I've got a big race this weekend and my mamba monster and 2200 out of my emaxx will be powering my buggy. Dont get me wrong its fast and super reliable. I would just like sensored for that low speed smoothness. I'll be upgrading to a new system in a few weeks (so i can use my emaxx again lol). So i'll keep an eye on this. But sensored is primarily what im looking for. Thanks for the feedback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.