Mamba Monster X release

Mamba Monster X release

Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You're welcome
Old 09-16-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone have any issues w/calibration? I've tried several times as per instructions, & my ESC doesn't do what the instructions state. The rc runs fine then it acted like there was a RX problem, that went away & it appears to run ok, but I no longer have the cell count beeps. Any ideas?
& what temp does the fan come on? Edit: From Castle:
11. Why does the fan on the Mamba Monster not run all the time or turns on for a split second when I power up the controller, then shuts off?

The fan will run until the speed control is armed. After the speed control arms, it will shut down until speed controller reaches 150; If your speed control is running under 150 F, the fan will never turn on.
A FYI, the 4 beeps are the data logger is full alert. If you don't want to get this alert, Castle Link allows you to change it. The box stock setting is full/alert w/no self clearing.
Edit: I got the cell count back, must have accidentally manually changed it. I'm still having some issues that maybe RX related, I'm using a HK TS4G w/R4EH-G.

Last edited by Mopar2Ya; 09-21-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

been following the castle line for a bit looking forward to seeing what they come out with for a new mamba monster.

looks like the great 1 year warranty is still there.

Also, with this whole sensor harness thing to run sensored, are there any fitment concerns on vehicles like the Tekno line up?

Lastly, the whole thing about the fan not being waterproof, so if the fan gets wets, does it die or is there more to it than that?
Old 09-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
been following the castle line for a bit looking forward to seeing what they come out with for a new mamba monster.

looks like the great 1 year warranty is still there.

Also, with this whole sensor harness thing to run sensored, are there any fitment concerns on vehicles like the Tekno line up?

Lastly, the whole thing about the fan not being waterproof, so if the fan gets wets, does it die or is there more to it than that?
Fits fine in the Tekno Eb 48's. I have a pic of it mounted in the previous page or two.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Tested my mamba monster x for the first time today. Used a Tekin T8 1900kv motor un sensored (have to buy a stupid sensor harness) this thing was smooth. No performance complaints. They give you a free castle link coupon thingy. Just add a damn castle link in the box CC.. I lost the stupid coupon. Anyways the data logger filled up quick. A few speed runs and like five times around the track. I don't have the castle link yet so can't disable yet. You can clear the data log. Tx to the brake position then turn on esc, wait about 6 seconds long beep then it is cleared.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Legend

honestly considering other companies have you pay for there link, I am fine with a coupon at a minimum if they won't send the links in the box.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation My Mamba Monster X is faulty

Hello, I bought my MMX 3 months ago and work perfect, so smooth in sensorless mode.
Normally I run on 4S.
My RC is a HPI Vorza 21/46T 2150kV 6P motor.
Yesterday I run 6S and after 5 minutes the ESC is faulty. Sounds like "cracks" from the motor at pull the trigger. Now nothing. Esc turns on but doesn't beep and the motor don't spin.

Excuse me my bad english, I speak spanish.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Castle Cremations...here we go again!

I think runing a 6pole motor in the Cremations ESC's is the aswner....

Feel your pain...my MMP just said no, a few months ago...runing china esc's now and they rock and kick.

My English is neither

Agressive names like "X" and snake "pics" don't make products better. One thing is the warranty and pos-service that is ok for such a big name...but it's more marketing then real reliable power!
Old 11-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Legend

any more news on this esc?

I am looking to benefit from its waterproof features by using this in a truggy and a buggy. Room to fit won't be a problem. But curious how much of the esc is waterproof when in sensored mode?

I am not looking for submerging it, etc. Just running in conditions were the track can be wet. So would want it to still work and be waterproof when in sensored mode.

Lastly, how has the servo performance and glitch performance been with high power servos running at say 7.4V (or whatever is close).

Looking to using 7955TG servos at that voltage (yes they do work, hitec said as much)
Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Legend

anybody?

thinking of 2S 550 4 pole usage too.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kawi650 View Post
There are still a few things that remain unclear after looking over the manual.

- How exactly does the adjustment via the 3rd channel work? How would the radio have to be set up to make the adjustments?
- In the manual, the sensor adapter looks like a sensor wire extension. Is there some kind of special connector on the ESC that prevents the sensor from plugging directly into the ESC?
- If Futaba S-bus is supported through an adapter, is SSL support for Airtronics radios possible?
1. I believe if you have an auxiliary control function on your radio you can toggle like an on and off switch. I saw one of the options on the software being "reverse" on or off. Haven't tried it yet tho.

2. Yes the regular sensor connection wont fit. You have to purchase the adapter "which is dumb imo" I bought it on the Castle Creations website (everything is 27% off now til the 22nd) for like $4 +shipping (shipping was more than the harness ) . But works well, about an inch long worth of wire. I'll add a pic later today.

3. Don't know much about your 3rd question.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya View Post
Anyone have any issues w/calibration? I've tried several times as per instructions, & my ESC doesn't do what the instructions state. The rc runs fine then it acted like there was a RX problem, that went away & it appears to run ok, but I no longer have the cell count beeps. Any ideas?
& what temp does the fan come on? Edit: From Castle:
A FYI, the 4 beeps are the data logger is full alert. If you don't want to get this alert, Castle Link allows you to change it. The box stock setting is full/alert w/no self clearing.
Edit: I got the cell count back, must have accidentally manually changed it. I'm still having some issues that maybe RX related, I'm using a HK TS4G w/R4EH-G.

What kind of rx problems are you having? My Monster x seems to have a glitch. I have tried two different tx and rx on this thing. On holloween I rigged it up with a skeleton and lights to scare the kids, it scared the crap out of me. It took off full speed almost hit a kid, and ran into my 1/1 tire. If not for my 1/1 being there who knows where it would have ended up. All meanwhile my Tx was sitting on a table, grabbed it and still couldn't control the throttle. I tried a different rx tx combo today (both systems are spektrum) i was testing it out yesterday and everything was fine. Today I get to the track and as soon as I turn it on it took off. Tx sitting on a bench. I recalibrated the radio system and started running it. After a lap or two the car would keep going forward on it's own (slowly thankfully). The brake worked but as soon as I would let go it would take off again. I adjusted the trimm down and still kept doing the same thing. Turned off the Tx and kept doing it. Eventually it stopped but I am disappointed, gotta call CC see what they will do. Holloween night I was running it Sensorless today sensored so that wouldn't be a reason.

*UPDATE*
I called CC they assured me that it should be a problem with the Rx Tx and that the ESC wouldn't move without receiving a signal. The tech told me to try and rebind the system so I'll try that and report back after some time. At least tech support was quick no wait time. But hope it works.

Last edited by czrlaker; 11-17-2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: *update*
Old 11-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Legend

I think spektrum has sort of a failsafe throttle position configuration. So if for instance if you lose signal you can set it up some that it goes into a preconfigured position, like brake. Maybe that is the problem?

So, anyone here use these on 2S 4x4 SCT at all?

I am looking to probably order these today.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I think spektrum has sort of a failsafe throttle position configuration. So if for instance if you lose signal you can set it up some that it goes into a preconfigured position, like brake. Maybe that is the problem?

So, anyone here use these on 2S 4x4 SCT at all?

I am looking to probably order these today.
I run it in my 8ight sensored with Tekin 1900kv. I purchased an extra harness (makes it easier to swap out) so I can use it in my TEN SCTE as well I run 2s and 3s with a 2650kv motor no problem
Old 11-19-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Legend

cool thanks. I shot castle a message about this, and they called me back yesterday evening (wasn't expecting that so soon).

They advised me that it will work fine on 2S 550 4 pole usage in vehicles I described (Tekno, etc). they also advised me about the sensor harness that (I am paraphrasing here) it was to make it easy to swap out and waterproof I guess and protect the internals.

Very tempted here to pick up at least two or 3 of these, especially with towers deal going on right now.

They also mentioned a new MM Pro that is in the works to have the cool features (not sure specifically what, but the BEC thing was the big one I asked about and that is on the board) like the Mamba Monster X.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service