Hobbywing XERUN XR8 Plus >

Hobbywing XERUN XR8 Plus

Like Tree13Likes

Hobbywing XERUN XR8 Plus

Old 06-10-2020, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoryRC View Post
Ok. Got the motor/esc combo. Think itís sensored. Can the HW program box be updated using Apple computer?
No the software canít by use first on Mac OS. Is Window base.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi All,
Just joined as fitted a Hobbywing XR8+ Combo in my JQ.
I have the Wi-fi express and want to know if it is
A) a good idea to mount it permanently
B) if I do is it just a simple Y harness in the Fan/programming port with the fan and Wi-fi module plugged in or can you power the fan from a spare channel on the Rx and keep the Module in the port?

TIA
Old 07-19-2020, 11:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 4 cable switch removal.

So I have had a real time of it with my new xr8.

I didn't route the switch cable properly and it got eaten into by the motor and sand, about 4cm from the ESC housing.

I practised soldering on test stranded wire and noted whilst I can solder OK, the strands by the solder would come break off with 4/5 bends.

I opted to go for butt slices and heat shrink, along with bigger heatshrink around the lot.

It works but is fairly bulky, but that's OK.

I'm wondering it I could actually...

A: does the esc open up easily without desoldering power and a, b and c wires? Could I just solder in a new switch in the esc housing from the bottom?
B: can I just link outer red and black wires together, and a momentary switch on second red and white to keep the calibration?

Old 07-23-2020, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skynet5 View Post
So I have had a real time of it with my new xr8.

I didn't route the switch cable properly and it got eaten into by the motor and sand, about 4cm from the ESC housing.

I practised soldering on test stranded wire and noted whilst I can solder OK, the strands by the solder would come break off with 4/5 bends.

I opted to go for butt slices and heat shrink, along with bigger heatshrink around the lot.

It works but is fairly bulky, but that's OK.

I'm wondering it I could actually...

A: does the esc open up easily without desoldering power and a, b and c wires? Could I just solder in a new switch in the esc housing from the bottom?
B: can I just link outer red and black wires together, and a momentary switch on second red and white to keep the calibration?
If you can't solder the motor/power wires properly then don't even attempt to open the case and solder a new switch onto the board!!! (you are causing dry joints if you can break them off easily - meaning the iron is either not hot enough or not powerful enough you should be using at least a good 60W iron with 100W highly recommended).
If you can take it to someone who knows what they are doing to get this repaired and solder the ESC into the car correctly. You will do irreparable damage to the ESC if you try to do it yourself.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mattcity View Post
Hi All,
Just joined as fitted a Hobbywing XR8+ Combo in my JQ.
I have the Wi-fi express and want to know if it is
A) a good idea to mount it permanently
B) if I do is it just a simple Y harness in the Fan/programming port with the fan and Wi-fi module plugged in or can you power the fan from a spare channel on the Rx and keep the Module in the port?

TIA
Yes you can mount it onto the car but to be honest there is no need (don't do it is my recommendation). It is better to come off the track to make changes to the ESC programming rather than try to do it on the fly. It is also an expensive thing to have damaged unnecessarily.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoryRC View Post
Ok. Got the motor/esc combo. Think itís sensored. Can the HW program box be updated using Apple computer?
Yes you can using Windows on the MAC under parallels or boot camp.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default Xr8 sct casing

Anybody know where can i buy casing for xr8 sct? Mine is beaten up... Wud like to hv some fresh look for her
Old 07-31-2020, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sounds like your using a soldering iron that is too weak. For rc use your need at least a 60watt iron. Ideally 80watt++
Old 08-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
Sounds like your using a soldering iron that is too weak. For rc use your need at least a 60watt iron. Ideally 80watt++
Its not... The casing is beaten up because dust and dirt stuck between the esc and watever besides it and then tearing the stickers. Also i had a bad landing and the center shaft were bent n hitting the esc case...

​​​​​​Nothing to do with solder

One more thing... I already got the answer... No i cant buy it anywhere... Hw doesnt sell the case...

​​​
Old Yesterday, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skaar_rc View Post
Its not... The casing is beaten up because dust and dirt stuck between the esc and watever besides it and then tearing the stickers. Also i had a bad landing and the center shaft were bent n hitting the esc case...

​​​​​​Nothing to do with solder

One more thing... I already got the answer... No i cant buy it anywhere... Hw doesnt sell the case...

​​​
I think he was replying to a previous poster complaining about his solder joints coming undone, not replying to you.

Who gave you the answer? Have you contacting Hobbywing Directly? Their customer support is usually pretty good and I'm sure they'd be willing to help if you talk to the right place.
Old Today, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
I think he was replying to a previous poster complaining about his solder joints coming undone, not replying to you.

Who gave you the answer? Have you contacting Hobbywing Directly? Their customer support is usually pretty good and I'm sure they'd be willing to help if you talk to the right place.
Owh well... My mistake... That guy didnt quote any messege, so I thought it was meant for me.

The answer is directly from hobbywing hq since I'm not from US. I'm pretty sure HWNA can get it. But its illogical to contact them from the other side of the earth...