Wiki Posts
Search

best value 4s hardcase lipos... roar/high mah

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default best value 4s hardcase lipos... roar/high mah

im shopping for 4s single packs for my ebuggies/truggy... the trakstar 6700mah pack is near 200 bux... roar approved 4s packs with 5mm bullets are what im after, trying to fit 4 packs under 300 bux.. whats out there? or am i stuck having to pony up for the mah numbers?

Last edited by the wrench; 05-19-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

you'll have to pony up lol !
Old 05-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Where are you buying trackstar batteries at that price?

Here is another option...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SortOrder=desc

Tom
Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Not sure where you are from, I picked the US West warehouse from Hobbyking but they can also be found in the East warehouse. What C you are looking at would also help. Aer you looking for hardcase or softcase?
4 of these 4S 40C Constant Discharge 7200mAh Hardcase pack will set you back about $280 plus shipping.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=52283
Old 05-18-2015, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by c00lguy
you'll have to pony up lol !
HA! thats what i was afraid of, but theres gotta be better options, hence the thread

the Turnigy 6400mah packs are a nice price point though vs the trakstar, they say on the label 60-120c so in theory sounds equivalent , the issue i have is they dont say roar approved, but the 7200mah pack says its approved?

if any of you guys race roar events than club level, do you just pay for high dollar packs or just one stickered pack and use the turnigy ones for practice/club racing?

i have two e-buggies to race, so i want at least 4 packs to run a full race day, one for practice/qualifiers... than fresh one for the main, so no worries about charging outdoors, ive clocked my runtimes from full to cutoff with twin 6400mah 2s packs and i can get about 25 to 30 minutes depending on throttle use, with plenty of punch, aside from gearing, my esc's are tuned super conservative and the cars run great
Old 05-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the wrench
HA! thats what i was afraid of, but theres gotta be better options, hence the thread

the Turnigy 6400mah packs are a nice price point though vs the trakstar, they say on the label 60-120c so in theory sounds equivalent , the issue i have is they dont say roar approved, but the 7200mah pack says its approved?

if any of you guys race roar events than club level, do you just pay for high dollar packs or just one stickered pack and use the turnigy ones for practice/club racing?

i have two e-buggies to race, so i want at least 4 packs to run a full race day, one for practice/qualifiers... than fresh one for the main, so no worries about charging outdoors, ive clocked my runtimes from full to cutoff with twin 6400mah 2s packs and i can get about 25 to 30 minutes depending on throttle use, with plenty of punch, aside from gearing, my esc's are tuned super conservative and the cars run great
SMC just got their shipment in of 6500 60C 4s packs... Better than the Turdigy pack in just about everyway.. JMO. Price is pretty close to the same and it's ROAR approved.

www.smc-racing.net
Old 05-19-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Have you got a link to the Trakstar batteries? Curious to see what these are.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Be careful on those 7200's, while they are great packs (punch/capacity) they are longer than a normal 2s stick. They will fit a 8ight 2.0 tray just fine but other's arent as forgiving for length.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Be careful on those 7200's, while they are great packs (punch/capacity) they are longer than a normal 2s stick. They will fit a 8ight 2.0 tray just fine but other's arent as forgiving for length.
yea, i was checking the measurements and no good, i got about 140mm on both cars so no dice, the smc packs seem reasonable and fit the size and roar sticker requirements, i guess ill have to accept the fact im stuck not using bullet connectors, i was pricing out the 7500 turnigy ultimate 2s packs and i kinda messed myself, 12 packs, figured 3 sets for each car, set for practice, set for qualifying and a set for racing... but thinking i might be able to get away with 8 being the high mah numbers... i dunno, just want to run two cars, albeit heavy, never worrying about cutoff in a 15 minute main
Old 05-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Have you looked at these. I run their 2s packs and love them http://http://www.valuehobby.com/pow...0mah-4s-t.html
Old 05-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

SMC FTW!
Old 05-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flou
Have you looked at these. I run their 2s packs and love them http://http://www.valuehobby.com/pow...0mah-4s-t.html
I use these in their 5200mah 4s configuration and they are a great bang for the buck. I actually prefer them to the SMC packs and seem to be underrated for their capacity (accidently left 1 plugged into my truggy after a night of racing and came back to find it down to 4v for the whole pack. Eased it back to nominal 4s voltage and put 5500+ back into it.)
Old 05-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkiiina
I use these in their 5200mah 4s configuration and they are a great bang for the buck. I actually prefer them to the SMC packs and seem to be underrated for their capacity (accidently left 1 plugged into my truggy after a night of racing and came back to find it down to 4v for the whole pack. Eased it back to nominal 4s voltage and put 5500+ back into it.)
I find them very underrated. And I will continue to use them. Soon to try one of their 3s packs for my 4 pede running a 3674 2400kv.and getting 2 more 2s for my 8th scale monster. Want massive discharge. Have to carry a4074 2650 and 150a esc in a heavy monster truck
Old 05-26-2015, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Not a fan of the SMC packs , have 2 that one cell has swelled up and popped the case open ! They were not over discharged either . The G Force packs that I got before the SMC packs are still going strong .
Old 06-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

well, i bit on 4 4s 6500mah packs, best compromise/duty cycle... ill update this post as i run em in, from new, balance charged each and everytime off a dynamite passport ultra duo... balanced my two 2s 6400mah nanotech ultra squares in 40 minutes at 1c, so im hoping for about the same for 1.5c charging the smc packs