Search
Like Tree97Likes

Sanwa/Airtronics M12S

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default 3pks

Been out if the game for a little bit do you guys think going from a 3pks to m12s would be a noticeable difference?
Old 11-25-2015, 01:39 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjdoyle
Been out if the game for a little bit do you guys think going from a 3pks to m12s would be a noticeable difference?
Most definitely. In your walet.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjdoyle
I have been using a 3PKS up until recently, and I can honestly say I do like my New 12S much better, although I did not purchase it as just a replacement, but due to issues with my 3PKS. The radio is much more adjustable to your hand and comfort to hold, due to the fact you can adjust the trigger angle slightly and also the trigger thickness. Also the multiple drop down and angle options! That being said, I was having issues with my 3PKS with the neutral point drifting constantly. Even after constantly recalibrating it. I would say that if your happy with your 3PKS at this point and have no issues with it to go ahead and wait if there are other things your in need of. I bought the new 12S just because I was having issues with the 3PK and even if I chose to buy a new Futaba, such as the 4PX, I would still need to buy all new receivers being that the older 3PKS receivers are no longer compatible. So if ever there was a reason to try a different brand, now was the time. I also like the fact that the Airtronics receivers are much smaller than the old Futaba receivers, making it much easier to mount in tight spaces.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WailinOnYa
I have been using a 3PKS up until recently, and I can honestly say I do like my New 12S much better, although I did not purchase it as just a replacement, but due to issues with my 3PKS. The radio is much more adjustable to your hand and comfort to hold, due to the fact you can adjust the trigger angle slightly and also the trigger thickness. Also the multiple drop down and angle options! That being said, I was having issues with my 3PKS with the neutral point drifting constantly. Even after constantly recalibrating it. I would say that if your happy with your 3PKS at this point and have no issues with it to go ahead and wait if there are other things your in need of. I bought the new 12S just because I was having issues with the 3PK and even if I chose to buy a new Futaba, such as the 4PX, I would still need to buy all new receivers being that the older 3PKS receivers are no longer compatible. So if ever there was a reason to try a different brand, now was the time. I also like the fact that the Airtronics receivers are much smaller than the old Futaba receivers, making it much easier to mount in tight spaces.
I appreciate your reply. So far 3PKS is still kicking. Like you I am invested with 3 receivers. I have always preferred Airtronics "feel" but figured this out too late.

I was reminded of how connected their radios feel after driving a kit identical to mine but with a MT-4s. Throttle just feels so much better.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

New firmware is out and some templates too. I found it all on the LRP site.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default M12S - PCLink & Firmware/Templates

Hi All,

This is my first post so please pardon if this is repetitive.
I noticed there is a highly informative M12 thread which clarified a couple of things I wasnt sure about so a big "Thanks Guys" for that.

I downloaded the PCLink and was able to get my radio connected.
Question - Where do I find the latest firmware? I heard there was a release a few days ago (apparently Nov 30 2015) but what I found im not sure I should use. on the LRP.CC site....there is a version 301201 and my radio is currently 3.01115. Not sure the benefit if any, but Im in IT and would love to know im current! lol
*Im not allowed to post URL's so search for lrp.cc firmware and use the software link...You will see the M12s

Question 2 - As a test of connecting to the PCLink properly, I tried from the radio to the PC to push LOGS....nothing happened.
I then tried to obtain LOGS from the radio using the PC ...nothing happened..

Question 3 - What are the templates used for? Where do I get them?
Has anyone tried?

Thats about all for now..

Thanks for helping
Old 12-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Update

[QUOTE=camoit;14293471]Hi All,

Where do I find the latest firmware? I heard there was a release a few days ago (apparently Nov 30 2015) but what I found im not sure I should use. on the LRP.CC site....there is a version

Yes on their site, they are the distributor. Update is for the Sanwa/Airtronics zero esc and their gyros.

Question 2 - As a test of connecting to the PCLink properly, I tried from the radio to the PC to push LOGS....nothing happened.
I then tried to obtain LOGS from the radio using the PC ...nothing happened..

I Never used before.

Question 3 - What are the templates used for? Where do I get them?
Has anyone tried?

Racing menu, check out the manual. Can switch between setups easier. I don't use them but some do.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rx481 vs Rx482

Does anyone know if you dont plan on running airtronics esc is there any difference between 481 and 482?
Old 12-20-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I also have the same question on the difference between 481 an the 482 receiver.

I'm new to the M12S and have liked it a lot so far. Do people tend to prefer the 48x receivers or the 47x receivers?

Thanks!

Sam
Old 12-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the 48X is just without physical antenna. 471(481) are not bi directional receviver which 472(482) are with the telemetry built in. If you are not planning too use the esc from airtronics, you don't need that.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rceefreak
I am currently running the plain jane mt4. Looking to upgrade to the mt4s or the m12s. My question is I read through the M12 thread and saw some posts about range. I am running the receivers with the built in antenna. I believe the rx481. Should I be concerned with the range issue on the M12s? Should I just get the mt4s and not worry about it? I had the m11x before the mt4 and really liked it other than being top heavy. The thing I like about the mt4 is weight and it doesnt feel top heavy. I a mconsidering the mt4s simply for the backlit screen. Thanks for any help in advance
Hey folks, anyone have any input on range with the M12S? I am recently back to the hobby after a long break and I am running an M12S with the stock RX-472 receiver but I'd like to pick up a few RX-481 receivers for two other cars I am currently building.

Since I have only a couple indoor track days under my belt and no range issues, I'd like to know if folks feel the RX-481 has good enough range to be used both indoors and on larger outdoor tracks as I'll like be running outside this spring.

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have never seen any range issue with the 481. The track I am running is an outdoor, 100x40 meters.
I can't tell ant difference with my 471.

Again, airtronics and its latest receivers do require specific servo type to run its special reception modes. Please read the instruction about it. Wrong mode selected would definitely affect the "range".
Old 12-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the replies. I have been running the SRG-BLS Evolution servo in my touring car, which seems to work well. Does anyone have any favorite Sanwa servo recomendations for touring applications?

Thanks
Sam
Old 12-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm running a SRG-BRS, when you get the servo and move the arm it feels hard and crunchy when my other sanwas felt smooth....normal?

Been using the 94661 and wanted to try an SSR.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cridd
I'm running a SRG-BRS, when you get the servo and move the arm it feels hard and crunchy when my other sanwas felt smooth....normal?

Been using the 94661 and wanted to try an SSR.

I have an SRG-BLS Evolution V2 and it feels the same way.

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.