Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Sanwa/Airtronics M12S >

Sanwa/Airtronics M12S

Like Tree90Likes

Sanwa/Airtronics M12S

Old 05-21-2020, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

New to this radio. How do I get my steering centered? My trim changes the amount of steer only.

This is a b6 buggy. Also, my throttle trim isn't working correctly and having trouble assigning in.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bangit99 View Post
New to this radio. How do I get my steering centered? My trim changes the amount of steer only.

This is a b6 buggy. Also, my throttle trim isn't working correctly and having trouble assigning in.

Any advice is appreciated.
did you purchase the radio used and someone had the trims set as something else? Try a factory reset and then re calibrate your esc with epa for throttle and brake at 100. Assuming that all of you linkages are set up and properly adjusted for zero toe and both tie rods measure the exact same length with calipers use the steering sub trim adjustment first to track straight and then set the steering end points individually left and right at proper ride height
Old 05-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Losiracer12 View Post
did you purchase the radio used and someone had the trims set as something else? Try a factory reset and then re calibrate your esc with epa for throttle and brake at 100. Assuming that all of you linkages are set up and properly adjusted for zero toe and both tie rods measure the exact same length with calipers use the steering sub trim adjustment first to track straight and then set the steering end points individually left and right at proper ride height
It was used and I had a friend calibrate it. Can you do a complete factory reset of the radio or only profiles?

I just have an intermittent issue with the throttle not spinning the tires at times. Could a bad receiver cause this? It's a RX-482. The radio shows throttle being sent.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bangit99 View Post
It was used and I had a friend calibrate it. Can you do a complete factory reset of the radio or only profiles?

I just have an intermittent issue with the throttle not spinning the tires at times. Could a bad receiver cause this? It's a RX-482. The radio shows throttle being sent.
it sounds more of a sensor wire or sensor board on the motor or esc that is failing. When it does this try spinning the rear tires and see if normal operation temporary resumes. If it does it is absolutely sensor signal failure by one of the 3 above things. Start with the sensor wire and then the motor and then the esc
Old 05-26-2020, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Losiracer12 View Post
it sounds more of a sensor wire or sensor board on the motor or esc that is failing. When it does this try spinning the rear tires and see if normal operation temporary resumes. If it does it is absolutely sensor signal failure by one of the 3 above things. Start with the sensor wire and then the motor and then the esc
I replaced the sensor wire and same issue. I'll try a motor out soon.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cleared out all of the junk in my radio did a bind again.

For the channels do I just leave it on NOR for all four? It's an RX-482. All I got hooked up is my 510R ESC, MyLaps and Reedy digital servo. From reading around it looks like SHR would be ok. Under calibration do I just leave it at factory defaults?

Also, can you still get grips for this thing? The small grip is bowed in the middle

Thanks!

Last edited by bangit99; 05-27-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In regards to the grip, there is an official SANWA grip you may purchase from certain online stores.

A cheaper and a better version (for me at the least), is that I bought at a local sports store (pre-COVID pandemic) a grip for badminton rackets. I chose the badminton rackets grip over the tennis racket version as it was cheaper (dont ask me why).

Hope this helps.