Like Tree87Likes

Sanwa/Airtronics M12S

Old 10-13-2015, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I got mine today, funnily enough coming from Japan the manual is Japanese only.

Can anyone point me toward a pdf of the manual or will the non S be the same?
Old 10-13-2015, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.manualslib.com/products/A...r-3890851.html

best radio for me, the feel I have for the car is undeniably way better than the futaba.

HS feel is the fastest response time, I highly recommend to stick with it (default setting).
Old 10-13-2015, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where is the count down timer? I use this when I am practice not to go over 7 min like that the motor an esc does not get too hot. In the 4px it was easy to work the timer but in this radio have not idea how to set it up. I see a lap timer but is that the same. There is something can a FINI timer also but do not know how to set it up please help..

Thanks
Old 10-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Manual is also available on the Airtronics website. http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...pack-chgr.html
Old 10-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HulkNT1 View Post
Where is the count down timer?

Thanks
DOWN in the setup menu and get all the details on page 85 in the user guide.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default MT-4 versus M12S steering speed

http://youtu.be/KVQY-XSBAio

I got an M12S yesterday, so I wanted to see if my 240 fps iphone camera could pick up a speed difference. Overall, no unless I cranked the wheels back and forth as fast as possible. The M12S does feel better in real world driving, but I'm not sure if that's just honeymoon placebo. The M12s has lots of features I will enjoy like race modes, back light, comfort etc.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

my first impression using the m12s on the same car, i could instantly realize the closer linearity. the car just turned in earlier than m12.
as a result, i reduced the exponential to -30% in steering so as not to have so sensitive in steering response. but for throttle, it is more detail.
some people complained the spring for the throttle is too hard, they changed to a softer spring. anyone changed and comment?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by choisan View Post
my first impression using the m12s on the same car, i could instantly realize the closer linearity. the car just turned in earlier than m12.
as a result, i reduced the exponential to -30% in steering so as not to have so sensitive in steering response. but for throttle, it is more detail.
some people complained the spring for the throttle is too hard, they changed to a softer spring. anyone changed and comment?
The throttle feels really really good compared to my MT-4. For steering I'm not sure I feel anything on pavement. (Only have a few minutes run time so far. Going to an indoor track for first time with it today) overall, there is a lot of little things that add up to make it a very nice radio.

Did you watch my video above? Visually, I don't see a steering difference at all unless I crank it hard back and forth ridiculously fast.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

On the main screen where it shows throttle, steering, aux 1 and aux 2 and you can move the nuetral point trim setting... Should it also show when you input by making the line fill up? For example I turn the wheel and the ST line/graph fills with a dark color showing how far I turned and in which direction. Mine isn't doing that. Is it suppose to or does it only show that on the telemetry screen with the rpm visual?
Old 10-22-2015, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Finalist View Post
http://youtu.be/KVQY-XSBAio

I got an M12S yesterday, so I wanted to see if my 240 fps iphone camera could pick up a speed difference. Overall, no unless I cranked the wheels back and forth as fast as possible. The M12S does feel better in real world driving, but I'm not sure if that's just honeymoon placebo. The M12s has lots of features I will enjoy like race modes, back light, comfort etc.
Nice comparison video! Would be nice if you could get your hands on an SRG-BLS V2 and run the receivers in SSR mode. That would be an interesting comparison!
Old 10-22-2015, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
Nice comparison video! Would be nice if you could get your hands on an SRG-BLS V2 and run the receivers in SSR mode. That would be an interesting comparison!
Thanks!
I would be very interested to see an ssr vs shr vs nor test.

I finally got to take my new m12s to the track today and there are so many little features that add up to it being a really good "luxury" type rc item. The Race mode is really interesting. I programmed three race modes- each with different arcs for throttle so I could switch between them with a flick of a button push assigned to trim 5. Really neat trim switch BTW - easily used while racing.

I think there is a slight "more connected" feel but that may just be the high quality feel of the actual unit.
Glad I got it.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

I am currently running the plain jane mt4. Looking to upgrade to the mt4s or the m12s. My question is I read through the M12 thread and saw some posts about range. I am running the receivers with the built in antenna. I believe the rx481. Should I be concerned with the range issue on the M12s? Should I just get the mt4s and not worry about it? I had the m11x before the mt4 and really liked it other than being top heavy. The thing I like about the mt4 is weight and it doesnt feel top heavy. I a mconsidering the mt4s simply for the backlit screen. Thanks for any help in advance
Old 10-23-2015, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

I find the weight balance of the m12s to be mich better than the M11. I preferred the mt4 weight much more than the m11, and the m12s while slightly heavier than the mt4 feels much better than the m11.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

M12S life battery question...

I fully charged the included LiFe battery with the wall charger. When I plug it into the m12s it says 7.1v then within about ten minutes of just being on and not even used it drops to 6.6v and then after about 30 minutes it drops to 6.5v.

Why does it loose power so fast? It's brand new.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Another question for Life battery users...

What's your typical "On-Time Indicator" (the main screens shows it as hours and minutes 00:00) saying you get for a full charge?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service