Like Tree87Likes

Sanwa/Airtronics M12S

Old 04-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Personally I see a color screen as nothing more than a marketing gimmick!! No real value IMHO.
Not much different from a phone or music player. If either came out with a black and white screen it wouldn't sell at all. Every top of the line radio in this day and age should have a colour screen.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My next radio will be color.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
My next radio will be color.
Mine too. I will be buying the new receivers, however, I will pass on the M12S.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R1Joel View Post
Not much different from a phone or music player. If either came out with a black and white screen it wouldn't sell at all. Every top of the line radio in this day and age should have a colour screen.
Why? A phone or music player needs a color screen. I don't plan to watch movies or videos on my transmitter so why would I want to pay extra for something worthless?
Old 05-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Why? A phone or music player needs a color screen. I don't plan to watch movies or videos on my transmitter so why would I want to pay extra for something worthless?
Agreed. Useless in my book too!!
Old 05-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Colour screen not needed and reduces battery life. Looks cool though.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

what is the difference with the Japanese version m12s
and normal version
Old 09-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Which do you consider normal? HK? USA/Airtronics? EU? Or are those all the same compared to JP?
Old 09-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Which do you consider normal? HK? USA/Airtronics? EU? Or are those all the same compared to JP?
difference between the usa/eu version end version japanese version
Old 09-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have to say, M12s is faster than M12 with SSR. Found this out with my two mod 1:12 pan cars and SRG-HR & RX-482 & RX-472!
I like the new improvements (nameable code aux, adjustable brake trigger, blue screen to mention a few).
What is your system options in bind menu? Mine has FH4TE and FH3E. Radio is EU version (I think so), is the E about it or something else?
Old 09-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Been racing with the same Tx for 10 years, my KO served me well with a spectrum module lately and a few others for my on-road days. RIP

I learned early on that good electronics were an investments of sorts.

So I saved up and finally got the M12S. It was sitting on the shelf at my LHS for a few weeks now. After all my searching I saw a comparison of latency among the available Txís. The Airtronics responses were simply the fastest.

I canít wait to run it. Tomorrow night I will have some time to make a Rx switch in my 17.5 SC6 to get ready for club racing. Yea I want to make the maiden voyage with that one...
Old 10-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GIHOSU View Post
Been racing with the same Tx for 10 years, my KO served me well with a spectrum module lately and a few others for my on-road days. RIP

I learned early on that good electronics were an investments of sorts.

So I saved up and finally got the M12S. It was sitting on the shelf at my LHS for a few weeks now. After all my searching I saw a comparison of latency among the available Txís. The Airtronics responses were simply the fastest.

I canít wait to run it. Tomorrow night I will have some time to make a Rx switch in my 17.5 SC6 to get ready for club racing. Yea I want to make the maiden voyage with that one...
Thoughts after the switch?
Old 10-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ezlight View Post
Thoughts after the switch?
Uh huh, a few after finally getting some track time.

I am switching from a KO Propo EX-10 and an old spectrum module along with SR300s in all my 1/10 offroad racers. After missing my club races for the last 2 weeks I made it to the track last night late but in time for the 2nd and last round of qualifying to run my SCs. So I set up my pit and put the new Rx in my SC6 17.5 and thanks the hardest working man in RC (Go Steve!!!!) it turned out that Rx didnít need to bind. It recognized the Rx and he quickly did a rough set on the steering subtrim and I ran it as it was set in the box.

I put it on the track for 2WD Mod SC and made it go dead straight and got ready to qualify. It took a 1 lap for my mind to cope with the big decrease in response time and how I had to adjust to being so very connected to the truck.

I was pretty good with car placement with the KO but the M12S was much better at keeping me where I wanted to be for turns and jumps. It made me relax and think much more about my line. I felt ready when my Main came up and had a good start and a great battle with another guy. I had to trail and wait for passing opportunities and when they came up it was done and I made it stick.

The best feeling for me was how it made my truck so much easier to fly through the air. I used every setting trick in the KO book to make things better and out of the box the M12S was night and day better. If you are like me and got your moneyís worth out of an old pro Tx this is the way to go. Airtronics is faster than Futaba and no one else is even close. Now I am ready to spend 3 times the money on each Rx compared to what I had. After just scratching the surface I canít wait to get in deeper.

Who else has something to report?
tdu verney likes this.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GIHOSU View Post
Uh huh, a few after finally getting some track time.

I am switching from a KO Propo EX-10 and an old spectrum module along with SR300s in all my 1/10 offroad racers. After missing my club races for the last 2 weeks I made it to the track last night late but in time for the 2nd and last round of qualifying to run my SCs. So I set up my pit and put the new Rx in my SC6 17.5 and thanks the hardest working man in RC (Go Steve!!!!) it turned out that Rx didnít need to bind. It recognized the Rx and he quickly did a rough set on the steering subtrim and I ran it as it was set in the box.

I put it on the track for 2WD Mod SC and made it go dead straight and got ready to qualify. It took a 1 lap for my mind to cope with the big decrease in response time and how I had to adjust to being so very connected to the truck.

I was pretty good with car placement with the KO but the M12S was much better at keeping me where I wanted to be for turns and jumps. It made me relax and think much more about my line. I felt ready when my Main came up and had a good start and a great battle with another guy. I had to trail and wait for passing opportunities and when they came up it was done and I made it stick.

The best feeling for me was how it made my truck so much easier to fly through the air. I used every setting trick in the KO book to make things better and out of the box the M12S was night and day better. If you are like me and got your moneyís worth out of an old pro Tx this is the way to go. Airtronics is faster than Futaba and no one else is even close. Now I am ready to spend 3 times the money on each Rx compared to what I had. After just scratching the surface I canít wait to get in deeper.

Who else has something to report?
Have you ran anything else for TX? I'm currently running a dx4r pro, love to hear someone else that has switched from the 4R to the m12s. Someone that isn't raving about their latest and greatest purchase, but someone that can be 100% objective and can actually tell if there is a difference. Not discounting you at all, so don't be offended. Just curious about a back to back comparison from what I have to this.

I just don't know if a different radio is a worthy purchase for me, since I'm still fairly new to the game.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ezlight View Post
Have you ran anything else for TX? I'm currently running a dx4r pro, love to hear someone else that has switched from the 4R to the m12s. Someone that isn't raving about their latest and greatest purchase, but someone that can be 100% objective and can actually tell if there is a difference. Not discounting you at all, so don't be offended. Just curious about a back to back comparison from what I have to this.

I just don't know if a different radio is a worthy purchase for me, since I'm still fairly new to the game.
In helping other racers tune I have driven all the Txís that count. Spektrums usually get switched out for Futabas and Airtronics for an upgrade. That is what is what I see all the fast guys running. The DX4R is really good, but the numbers are better on the other 2. Try out an M12S when you can, it may sell you too. That is what I did. A costly switch but worth it in my mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service