Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Hirosaka DC-1 servo died >

Hirosaka DC-1 servo died

Hirosaka DC-1 servo died

Old 02-01-2015, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy Hirosaka DC-1 servo died

I have a Hirosaka DC-1 low profie servo i bought for my Xray X1. It was brand new (As well as the car kit) and the servo only lasted about a dozen practice laps before it just died. I tried turning the switch on and off, i made sure that the plug was in the receiver properly......and nothing.

What would have caused this? Has this happened to anyone elese with this particular servo?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Bump
Old 02-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

well....this did't exactly happen to me, but...

I had the same servo in my brand new Xray XB4 and it lasted about 30 minutes if that. A piece of the plastic top portion (closest to spline) snapped in a critical point where one of the gears rotated on. This caused that particular gear to destroy the other ones it meshed with. needless to say...I had no steering all of a sudden and that was why. Not impressed. I bought a Spektrum s6040 and haven't had ANY issues. Too bad....I thought being the name "Hirosaka" it would be good stuff...I think it's all cheap stuff re-branded with his name on it. The motors are made by speed passion.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Yeah i thought with the name Hirosaka it would be good. I have a cheap feetech servo replacing it at the moment and its holding up better.....