Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servo Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Servo Question

Every model i have ever bought used new what ever has always been programmed to work with the servo setting on normal. I recently bought a new model and i'm trying to run one remote for both models, and one of them only wants to work correctly with the servo setting in reverse my question is is there a way to change that to where it will work on normal? i know this sounds weird but to me its easier to have both on normal mode.

btw they are both the same radio systems on both models.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You could flip the servo so the out put shaft is on the opposite side, but you would need to re-do the linkage and flip the servo horn.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Servo reversers used to be common, but apparently are now nearly extinct with most all transmitters offering servo reverse and many with model memories. The only one I can find is this one:

SR10 Servo Reverser

Hitec digital servos can be reversed with one of their programmers.

There are a couple other methods that require rewiring surgery, either the transmitter (not practical for your situation) or the servo. Challenge with the servo is most are now surface mount electronics, might be more difficult to rewire than old discrete component stuff.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

I appreciate the responses thank you guys. I was wondering if anyone who has a mgt 8.0 could they look and see which way there servos turn in normal operating mode like clockwise or counter clockwise and let me know asap i would appreciate it.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Well i ended up having to send the kit back due to a transmitter failure. I know what your thinking why not just have them send another transmitter? They are on back order and no eta on when i would get one, so tower took the kit back to exchange for another, so all and all i will get a new kit and see if there were any problems with my current kit's setup. Thanks for the comments.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Lord

If you are handy with a solder iron, you just have to swap the 2 motor wires and the 2 outside connections of the potmeter inside the servo.