Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Steering but no motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Steering but no motor

Mp9e with hobbywing sct pro esc and tekin t8 1900kv motor, got an airtronics mt4s radio/receiver for it. Did the bind and have steering but no motor. Tried the hobbywing setup program for neutral/fullthrottle/brake but it wont accept input. Hold button down and turn power on, wait for esc to start blinking and let go of button, now esc should be ready to accept input for neutral/full throttle/ full brake but it kinda just goes dead and nothing happens when I try to set it up, just dead. So I try to just power it up normal for normal driving operation and when I do it blinks green a few times then just blinks red constant, I have steering but no throttle responce, any help?
Old 01-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 0351
Mp9e with hobbywing sct pro esc and tekin t8 1900kv motor, got an airtronics mt4s radio/receiver for it. Did the bind and have steering but no motor. Tried the hobbywing setup program for neutral/fullthrottle/brake but it wont accept input. Hold button down and turn power on, wait for esc to start blinking and let go of button, now esc should be ready to accept input for neutral/full throttle/ full brake but it kinda just goes dead and nothing happens when I try to set it up, just dead. So I try to just power it up normal for normal driving operation and when I do it blinks green a few times then just blinks red constant, I have steering but no throttle responce, any help?
Check your radio and make sure your EPA's for throttle and brake are set at 100% each way and then try to recalibrate the speedo. Also check to see if your radio has a neutral width or dead band setting and its not very very low. Sometimes it will be too low and the speedo wont "find" neutral and will never calibrate correctly.

If everything is good and you are still having issues, swap the speedo and servo positions in the RX and see if you can move the servo with the trigger. That will rule out the RX being bad...
Old 01-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Ok I switched positions with servo and esc in receiver, now I can throttle the motor thru the steering wheel but no steering thru the trigger. Steering one direction drives forward, sterring the other direction reverses the motor. As opposed to steering one direction drives forward and steering the other direction applies brake.

Last edited by 0351; 01-14-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Also epa'sare at 100%, I really dont know if my radio has neutral width or dead band setting? I better read up
Old 01-15-2015, 03:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 0351
Ok I switched positions with servo and esc in receiver, now I can throttle the motor thru the steering wheel but no steering thru the trigger. Steering one direction drives forward, sterring the other direction reverses the motor. As opposed to steering one direction drives forward and steering the other direction applies brake.
That seems to suggests a radio issue of some sort, since the trigger never makes anything happen. Do you have any other RCs to test the transmitter/receiver on? Which port on the receiver are you using for the ESC?
Old 01-15-2015, 04:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Try and re-bind your system. That is what fixes mine when that happens
Old 01-15-2015, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

My receiver is 4 channel, I have the steering servo in channel 1 and the esc is in the battery spot. There are 4 channel spots and 1 battery spot.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Steering is right in channel 1. ESC should be in channel 2 on any pistol grip radio that I know of.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Dufus update...I watched a utube vid that said esc goes in "batt" position so thats where I had it. Then the manual said it goes in channel 2, switched it to channel 2 and it worked in reverse, so I reversed the program in the radio and now it works....thanks for all the help guys! Without this site I would be selling a buggy
Old 01-15-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Now its time to tune!!! THANK AGAIN ALL !!!