Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Best Stock 17.5 Blinky ESC's? >

Best Stock 17.5 Blinky ESC's?

Best Stock 17.5 Blinky ESC's?

Old 12-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best Stock 17.5 Blinky ESC's?

What are some of the better Blinky ESC's out there that put out some of the best power? Im running a Sure speed motor so I want to make sure I tap into everything it has..

Thanks
Old 12-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

All of them.

Seriously there is no significant difference in total power output among any legal blinky esc. Feel, adjustability, etc., that's another matter.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Whichever one adds the most timing while in blinky mode. I've been told the hobbywing and the Orion add the most.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Whichever one adds the most timing while in blinky mode. I've been told the hobbywing and the Orion add the most.
If they did, both would have been banned for a couple years. One already got busted for that before. I think it was Nosram wasn't it?
Old 12-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
None of the speed controls and software that have been tested and approved since the end of last year have any timing advance. Simply stated, the test criteria are:

1) Commutation shall occur after the corresponding sensor signal changes state.

2) The delay from sensor signal change to commutation shall be less than 10 microseconds.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
If they did, both would have been banned for a couple years. One already got busted for that before. I think it was Nosram wasn't it?
It was someone else, if memory serves it was due to software not following the rules...
Old 12-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
It was someone else, if memory serves it was due to software not following the rules...
Oops, yeah it was Orca:

ORCA ESCís suspended for six months
As a result of actions that were in direct violation of instructions from a ROAR Executive Committee member, ORCA brand speed controls are not permitted in ROAR sanctioned competition for the next six months. The violation stems from a discussion about the true amount of timing in the second generation of ESC from the brand, in which it was not in compliance with the zero timing specification as indicated in the rules. Given that it was only days before the event, it was instructed that the new ESC and the software could not be used. Upon further inspection, it was determined that the new software was loaded on to the previous generation ESC, in direct violation of the timing rule itself, and the instructions of the Technical Director. The six month suspension will take effect 5/1/11, and assuming a satisfactory agreement can be made before the 11/1/11 expiration, the ORCA ESCs can be considered for use in ROAR competition again.