Wiki Posts
Search

ProTek Prodigy Vista Power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ProTek Prodigy Vista Power?

I looked at the Prodigy charger and it is the same case as the Vista Power D610 AC charger. I mean every thing is the same. I have the Vista power and the control button/switches have quit working. This unit has too many problems, and guess what problems the Prodigy is having, those same button/switches. They say it is on back order, but I bet it is being redesigned as those switches are pure junk. Until they get that fixed I would not buy one.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Almost all of the Protek chargers are made by SkyRC, which also makes chargers for Hitec. You can save a bit of money by buying OEM. I paid $159 for a SkyRC Ultimate 800 Duo, which is the exact same as the Hitec 400x2 and the Protek Prodigy 620 Duo.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What I don't understand is that they look identical. So who makes the SkyRc, Vista Power? I really like the performance of the Vista power, it is those buttons that have failed, which makes the charger useless. I will try to look into some way to change them.