Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 4PKS-R VS. 4PK

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Default Futaba 4PKS-R VS. 4PK

Everywhere I find 4PK vs 4pks but never 4pks-r vs 4pk. What is the diffrence really? How much faster? What else?

I can pick a 4pk that is old + case and lipo's for 350$ and I can pick a 4PKS-R for 450$. I think it looks allot nice with the red leds and the other joystick. But is it worth the 100$ in real changes? Like, would you feel thet the Super R is faster on the track? Some other changes the make a world of difference, would like to know....

Thanks,

Andreas
Old 06-18-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Futaba website states:

"The original 4PKS was fast, but the 4PKS-R is five percent faster — a difference you can literally feel. Response is virtually instantaneous."

If you want a truly fast system, get an Airtronics/Sanwa
Old 06-18-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Salkin
The Futaba website states:

"The original 4PKS was fast, but the 4PKS-R is five percent faster — a difference you can literally feel. Response is virtually instantaneous."

If you want a truly fast system, get an Airtronics/Sanwa
that is the 4pks and the 4pks-r. I ask what the difference is between the 4PK and the 4PKS-R
Old 06-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ah, sorry, I was a little to quick there.

If you are into fast radios, I would always buy the newest radio I could afford.

Both the Futaba's and Sanwa's high end models get faster by each new model offered, so buying the newest model you can afford ensures you the fastest radio available. There have not been a new model not being faster also.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Salkin,

Your replies, yes both of them, have ZERO to do with what the guy wanted to know! Seriously, what is the matter with you posting junk like that???
Old 12-18-2017, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Those prices listed are very high, for $350 you can get a 4px. If you use the expensive c2 receivers with the 4pks-r its faster then the 4pk, but if you're going to run cheap frsky c1 fasst receivers anyways they'll be equally fast. I believe if you need to ask this question, the 4pk will be fine from a speed/protocol perspective.