Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
New Hitec Lynx 4s Radio >

New Hitec Lynx 4s Radio

Like Tree43Likes

New Hitec Lynx 4s Radio

Old 11-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

oh yeah for sure. i run cheaper electronics(x-car escs, trackstar motors, etc) becuase i have had better luck with them over name brand stuff.

beaker do you know if you can get the alumium cases that come with the skyrc quattro chargers seperatly. i wouldnt mine one for my hitec if they fit.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beaker151 View Post
The hitec x4 was not made by skyrc not sure who made that one. Spending a year dealing with a Chinese manufacture was a eye opening exprience that theres a lot of products that are co branded in the rc industry.
i was told by hitec via email that yes their chargers (x4) is in fact made by sky rc but hitec uses their own programing.
lipo's are the biggest co-branded products I assume as there are only a few manufactures of them.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Billy T or beaker..
With 4ms latency on the Axion2 Rx. Where does that rank you in the pack of transmitters currently out? When you set out designing this radio, What were you looking for in terms of latency.
From the research I have done you rank 3rd or second with Futaba and Airtronics slighty ahead.
Of course the price point for additional Axion receivers is excellent at $39 both Air and Futaba are around $100. Was that something that was important to you?
Im in my 50's and dont think I can tell the difference anyways but it would be a confidence boost to know I would own one of the faster radios on the Market. I still run a spektrum module on my KO helios and its time for a upgrade. I think Im 2 generations down from thier current fastest radio. Im about 2 mos out in making my purchase so by that time this radio will be in stock. I have 3 cars I run so will need 2 more axions hopefully those will be readily available too.
My needs were different than a "A" main racer. I wanted a radio that was fast but didnt have to be the fastest. I wanted a drop down wheel that came with the radio. And most importantly I wanted a receiver with a small footprint that didnt cost alot. Last I wanted to switch to rechargeble transmitter Batteries. This radio has met my needs just need to hear from other people that start running it when it comes out. Shoot might be me LOL!
Jake
Old 12-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Why I can't find manual for Lynx 4S on Hitec support site ?

Someone have a link to a pdf manual ? I'm in market to substitute my Futaba 4PK, but before buy I want to read manual
Old 12-30-2014, 01:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Manual

Got both the radio and manual (by mail) from the swedish distributor.
Seems to that the manual file wont upload here, but i can mail it on request.
Tested the radio for 1/12 racing, seems to do all thing i want it to , small reciever (Axion 4) and very good menu system, and of course very good build quality.
Looking forward to hear from others which have tested it
Old 02-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a quick question, I just got my Lynx 4s with the axion 2 receiver and when I was binding my 2nd receiver it said digital servos only. My question is what will happen if I use an analog servo with this system?
Old 02-02-2015, 09:16 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xrayracer1 View Post
Just a quick question, I just got my Lynx 4s with the axion 2 receiver and when I was binding my 2nd receiver it said digital servos only. My question is what will happen if I use an analog servo with this system?
They will not work properly as the signal is too fast. They may burn. Most analog servos have difficulty working with signal faster than 12 ms.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbd View Post
They will not work properly as the signal is too fast. They may burn. Most analog servos have difficulty working with signal faster than 12 ms.
Ok cool thanks for the info.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Looking at getting this radio to give a try, but I can't find a receiver for sale for it. I need 2 receivers, so I need to buy an extra. Anyone find just a receiver for sale anywhere?
Old 02-15-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

If you paint this radio chrome, and make the rubber kickstand red, it would be a cylon radio. Maybe have it light up

Nice radio. Glad to see a company thinking outside the normal box of radios.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

What is the antenna length of the Axion 2 channel receiver? Is there any plans for a aluminum case to fit this. Always a problem finding a suitable case for a new transmitter.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Axion receiver prices all over the map

Anyone notice how the 2-channel HHR receiver originally was priced at $40 and the 4-channel non-telemetry receiver was $45, but now the 2-channel is $52 and the 4-channel is $40 (tower prices as of this AM)? Still not in stock, by the way. Is a 4 ms frame rate really worth a $12 premium over a 7ms frame rate and two extra channels?

The weird thing is that the Lynx 4s Radio is still cheaper with the 2-channel receiver.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by xrayracer1 View Post
There is 3 options when binding a receiver:

Normal (14ms) Analog and Digital Servos
High Response (7ms) Digital Servos only
Ultra Fast (4ms) Digital Servos only and can only be used with the 2 Channel receiver

Originally Posted by jspeedracer88 View Post
What is the antenna length of the Axion 2 channel receiver? Is there any plans for a aluminum case to fit this. Always a problem finding a suitable case for a new transmitter.
I have the Proton 4 Receiver and it's about 3-4" long

Originally Posted by nitroal View Post
Looking at getting this radio to give a try, but I can't find a receiver for sale for it. I need 2 receivers, so I need to buy an extra. Anyone find just a receiver for sale anywhere?
I'm hoping they'll be available by the end of the month. I need another 4 chan and want to get a 2 chan as well.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Picked up this radio and it is great, but I need more receivers. Anyone know where they are in stock?
Old 02-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Initiate

The radio sets and receivers are back in stock at Tower Hobbies. I bought one for my kid in the first shipment. They are a heck of a radio for the money. Menus are very intuitive and easy to navigate with as many features as radios costing much more. I think the are are very good value. Today I could not resit and ordered one for myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service