Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
TrackStar Digital servo >

TrackStar Digital servo

TrackStar Digital servo

Old 05-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default TrackStar Brushless servo

Searched, but couldn't find anything on these servos. I bought the TS-900 for my RC8.2e and so far, after 2 days of practice at the track, I am very impressed with it for the money. Anybody else try these yet?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=43053

Last edited by DRTMI; 08-28-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have the ts910 ( i think, its the torquiest one) on a serpent buggy, been running it for 2 months, really reliable and quite fast. For the money i think its one of the best servos out there, will be buying more for sure.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have three of the 920's on the way right now for my SC Mods. For running dirt oval I went with the faster ones versus the ones with more torque. I will see how it goes and maybe pick up some of the other ones for other applications. Price sure looks good for what you are getting.

-Joe
Old 08-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRTMI
Searched, but couldn't find anything on these servos. I bought the TS-900 for my RC8.2e and so far, after 2 days of practice at the track, I am very impressed with it for the money. Anybody else try these yet?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=43053
I have been thing about trying one of those. What is the output spline count? HK doesn't list it on their site.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MX304
I have been thing about trying one of those. What is the output spline count? HK doesn't list it on their site.
25 tooth Futaba
Old 10-25-2014, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bazungas
I have the ts910 ( i think, its the torquiest one) on a serpent buggy, been running it for 2 months, really reliable and quite fast. For the money i think its one of the best servos out there, will be buying more for sure.
Yep, you are no wrong there Bazungas

For some of us 'Non-Sponsored' drivers in this awesome hobby/sport, great products at a very reasonable price is always welcomed.

These TrackStar TS-900 Brushless servos are excellent bang for buck, and so too are a lot of HK's LiFe and LiPo power packs.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just figured I would post my experience with the ts-910.
It's terrible I literally stripped the gears in less than 5 laps on my tekno truggy. It has plenty of power but the gears are about as soft as butter. I'm no pro driver but it was a series of clean laps with no major bobbles or wrecks. So IMO don't waste your money on these rip off servos oh and I almost forgot they don't have titanium gears it's some cheap alloy and a plastic gear.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its under $40 for a reason.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing
Its under $40 for a reason.
Well figured I would try to warn some people. And I used it in a pinch when my other servo got the wires caught in the spur right before the next qual.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lasted longer than my Track Star esc, 4 minutes, go figure.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
Just figured I would post my experience with the ts-910.
It's terrible I literally stripped the gears in less than 5 laps on my tekno truggy. It has plenty of power but the gears are about as soft as butter. I'm no pro driver but it was a series of clean laps with no major bobbles or wrecks. So IMO don't waste your money on these rip off servos oh and I almost forgot they don't have titanium gears it's some cheap alloy and a plastic gear.
How are they a rip-off? Did you contact HK afterwards?

I have a Bluebird HV servo in my D8 and a TS900 in my Losi SCT....both have been great so far.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Don't mean to rain on any parades here but, 2 bad servos doesn't make them junk or a "rip off"....

I've been using Trackstar ESC's, motors and servos for a while now with only one issue. I had ordered the cheaper TS-D99X for my 2wd buggy and it stripped quick.

Now, Hobbyking's warranty service is AMAZING! I requested credit to my account and had it within 24 hours. One of my ESC's, the fan didn't work right out of the box, they expressed shipped me a brand new ESC at no charge and I did NOT have to ship the perfectly good ESC back to them!

Say what you will but, with prices and service like that, Trackstar is the biggest home run I've found in the hobby yet.... and I've been in it for 30 years.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hackersmovie
Don't mean to rain on any parades here but, 2 bad servos doesn't make them junk or a "rip off"....

I've been using Trackstar ESC's, motors and servos for a while now with only one issue. I had ordered the cheaper TS-D99X for my 2wd buggy and it stripped quick.

Now, Hobbyking's warranty service is AMAZING! I requested credit to my account and had it within 24 hours. One of my ESC's, the fan didn't work right out of the box, they expressed shipped me a brand new ESC at no charge and I did NOT have to ship the perfectly good ESC back to them!

Say what you will but, with prices and service like that, Trackstar is the biggest home run I've found in the hobby yet.... and I've been in it for 30 years.
I've had nothing but good luck with Turnigy batteries and recently ordered 2 more along with a 10.5T sensored motor. 3 days from HK to Canada via Fed-Ex...awesome delivery time.

And as for platgof's whining about the 120A ESC that smoked in 4 min, did you not contact HK about this? Thats what warranty is for. Funny how you bragged about owning a Turnigy 100A ESC that worked flawlessly and now you feel you have to order a $200 ESC so you wont have any problems.
Uh huh, Tekins never have ANY issues....
Old 12-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yosh70
I've had nothing but good luck with Turnigy batteries and recently ordered 2 more along with a 10.5T sensored motor. 3 days from HK to Canada via Fed-Ex...awesome delivery time.
Yosh, I ONLY run Turnigy Nano-Tech Lipos in all my race cars/trucks. I just switched to the Nano-Tech Ultimates and I would HIGHLY recommend them. 90c 4600 shorty's are AMAZING.

I currently run the "red can" 7.5 in my 4wd buggy, 8.5 in my 2wd Short Course and 9.5 in my 2wd buggy. I am in the top 5 of each class almost every week. All the vehicles are faster than I can drive them so once I get better, I'll be on the podium regularly... with electronics that cost a fraction of what everyone else is using...

Where's the problem again?

By the way, to the OP, I run the TS-900 in my Short Course and the TS-920 in both my buggies, best. servo. ever.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Yup, with the voltage turned up to 8v, it is lightening fast and strong as needed in my 8.2E

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.