Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Traxas 2075 steering servo endpoints too small >

Traxas 2075 steering servo endpoints too small

Traxas 2075 steering servo endpoints too small

Old 05-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Traxas 2075 steering servo endpoints too small

I was running a rebuilt AE servo in my TC4 but it would get stuck sometimes and I didn't trust it. For the first time since owning a Tmaxx I have a Traxxas servo in my car and I'm having a little trouble with the throw endpoints.

The AE servo had to be dialed back to 55% endpoint because it turned too much. The traxxas servo, even at 150% endpoint doesn't turn the wheels enough to get a good tight turn. Is this a common thing with Traxxas and is there any way to correct it?

Even turning DR to 100 and Expo to 0 the steering just seems too restrained.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

It should give you a full 120 sweep. Take it apart and check.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Longer servo arm.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Regional Moderator

You should also set your DR to 100% first, then set the EPA. Expo should have no effect on the EPA, just how fast or slow you get there.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
You should also set your DR to 100% first, then set the EPA. Expo should have no effect on the EPA, just how fast or slow you get there.
I have an AVC receiver so part of calibration is full range steering and brake/throttle. I always do this with expo off, d/r at 100, and endpoints at 100.

I think I have some of the problem figured out. The TC4 doesn't have an adjustable ball joint from the servo saver to the steering rack so I can't make center point adjustments easily and I find myself using 47L sub trim. I had to do the same with the AE servo but for some reason that wasn't a problem, but the Traxxas it's steering more one way than the other. I'm going to move the servo horn one more tooth counter clockwise and try to get the steering rack centered, then I'll change the toe lengths until it drives straight. I'm getting more like 80d out of the servo btw, not 120.