Wiki Posts
Search

Bad Spektrum RX's

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default Bad Spektrum RX's

I decieded to write thos after seeing the thread for bad futaba recievers. Ive been having the same problem w spek recievers. Ive hade three die real quick. Last year before taking a break on rc one completey just stopped for no apparent reason (pretty sure it was a sr390or something).
Now Im getting all my stuff back out and I have two more that are messed up. One was working fine in my rustler(cheap 2ch surface model,sr 200 pretty sure that the model) and it wont bind. This one worked last time, but just dont work all of a sudden.
The 200 is only a year old and the 300 is maybe two years.
I am about to stop using spek all together and stick to fly sky. Ive never had one fail and have been using them just as long. And there cheap! Its just a shame really. These cheaper spec reciever seem to have crap reception aswell. And theres a$25 difference between the cheap 200 model
Old 03-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just fyi if you read the whole Futaba thread you would see that there was never anything wrong beside transmitter setup. From my experience Futaba and airtronics have a very very small failure rate.

Not sure if your into racing or not but if you are ditch flysky aswell, the latency is horrendous and they glitch quite bad when around a number of people using spectrum. I know from experience and from seeing it happen to a handful of people at the track and I used to swear by flysky. If not then no worries.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Also there are super super cheap rx that work with spektrum. I believe they are called "orange rx" or something like that, same price as flysky receivers.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The blue rx's for spektrum are excellent and work on all spektrum radios with the orange print on the back that says dsm2.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
Ive hade three die real quick. Last year before taking a break on rc one completey just stopped for no apparent reason (pretty sure it was a sr390or something).
I have two more that are messed up. One was working fine in my rustler(cheap 2ch surface model,sr 200 pretty sure that the model) and it wont bind. This one worked last time, but just dont work all of a sudden.
Are you even sure it was a Spektrum? Well, at least pretty sure?

Hope the Flysky works out for you, your Traxxas RC's deserve it.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a sr300 in a RTR buggy from losi and it quit working once. I took it apart and apparently it had a bit of moisture and dirt making contact on the circuit board.
cleaned it with electronics cleaner and a tooth brush and it's been working even better than it used to.
I would never stick it in the 2 cars I take to a track though.
I have a airtronics M11X for that.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Yosh70

LoL.. are you serious? Ive owned about 100 different RCs. From Mini8, eight 2.0, flux hp and mini flux, e savage, many e maxxes, summit, several revos, Ve8, speed t, mini ts, EXO Terra,rc18s, litterally a 100+ And dozens of radios along with em. Unfortunatly I had to liquidate a bit of my collection last year But toys are toys and other things are more important.
Im pretty sure I know what radios I have.
And whats wrong with my traxxas's? Sorry to sound pissy, but I kinda took your post offensive. And I like my traxxas! I am not brand loyal to anyone. Just happin to have TRX everything at the moment. But a Lunch Box will be my next and I want another Speed T and there discontinued so anyone looking at this if you have one ..
Old 03-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Also there are super super cheap rx that work with spektrum. I believe they are called "orange rx" or something like that, same price as flysky receivers.
These work great and they're cheap.

As for spektrum... I recall seeing a thread or two a while back about counterfeit stuff hitting the market. Is it possible you have a knock off?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
LoL.. are you serious? Ive owned about 100 different RCs. From Mini8, eight 2.0, flux hp and mini flux, e savage, many e maxxes, summit, several revos, Ve8, speed t, mini ts, EXO Terra,rc18s, litterally a 100+ And dozens of radios along with em. Unfortunatly I had to liquidate a bit of my collection last year But toys are toys and other things are more important.
Im pretty sure I know what radios I have.
And whats wrong with my traxxas's? Sorry to sound pissy, but I kinda took your post offensive. And I like my traxxas! I am not brand loyal to anyone. Just happin to have TRX everything at the moment. But a Lunch Box will be my next and I want another Speed T and there discontinued so anyone looking at this if you have one ..
traxxas are toys. Great bashers poor racers. Like taking the family car to race formula 1.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yosh70

Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing

traxxas are toys. Great bashers poor racers. Like taking the family car to race formula 1.
What's your point? People arnt allowed to drive rc just for fun? Where did he say he was racing?

Traxxas happens to make a great product for its intended purpose.

I've found that most traxxas haters tend to be wanna be track rat fast guys, people who truly appreciate rc understand traxxas is usually the gateway drug for new young blood getting into the sport.

I happen to race as much as I can but I'll tell you a traxxas summit blasting around the backyard can be just as much fun