Search
Like Tree1Likes

MT4 v.s. MX-V

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yorick
MT-4S comes with backlight and some minot improvements, but it is more expensive. According to sellers in Poland MT-4 is discontinued - maybe that is the reason for the price.
Thanks for confirming!
Old 12-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Plus the MT-4S has better response times than the older MT-4 - for some people that's not just a minor improvement.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default MX-V

I read this about the MX-V, can anyone confirm what "ABS" is & if this is true about the reverse...

"if you plan on running the MX-V's ABS while still using reverse on an electric kit, be advised that reverse won't work properly; reverse will pulse instead of being constant. The manual states that the MX-V's ABS is meant to be for non-electric models. The MT-4's ABS programming allows for "proper" reverse without any pulsing. The MX-V's ABS pulse modulation is a bit more coarse and obtrusive than the MT-4's even on the "Fast" setting."
I want reverse to work normal so if this isn't the case then it's a deal breaker for me.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you don't activate ABS, you should be fine.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uclabruins89
I own both, use both everyday at the track. Mt4 for scte, mxv for 22-4. There is no noticeable difference between the speeds. When I'm using mxv, I'm not ever thinking "boy I wish this radio had faster response time". It comes down to whether you want telemetry, and whether money is an issue. The mxv feels a little cheaper than the mt4, but that's because its 80 and not 200
I use an MX-V and what he said is bang-on. The MX-V seems to be on sale now and RC Mushroom has/had a 25% off sale that put these radios around $50. Hard to beat at that price.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default "Hong Kong Version" ???

Originally Posted by SteveM
I use an MX-V and what he said is bang-on. The MX-V seems to be on sale now and RC Mushroom has/had a 25% off sale that put these radios around $50. Hard to beat at that price.
Nice find...thanks Steve!

This is by far the best deal for Sanwa radios! You can even get the MT-4 for about $150 after the discount!!!

One detail I have a question about and is maybe why this deal sounds too good to be true. When I got to checkout there was the following disclaimer which says...

"Important Notice:
Please note that RF regulation varies in different countries. We, RC-Mushroom LTD is only selling Hong Kong version of transmitter and/or receiver. For customer who wants to purchase the Hong Kong version of radio transmitter and/or receiver, it is customer's duty to contact with the original manufacturer to make sure the RF regulation is not against their local regulation.

Radios shipping to Italy by Hong Kong post will normally transit through Belgium, which is not allowed to ship radios and radios would be seized possibly once it is discovered by the Belgium customs. Hence, customers may need to pay extra postage ( if any) for shipping the order by Fedex . Our staff will contact you if additional postage is needed."
So is Hong Kong having to put "their stuff" in these radios and receivers so they can ship overseas, which is why they are cheaper?
Old 12-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

pretty sure airtronics as well as most other radios are all manufactured in China or Taiwan. Just the way it goes. I don't think they are selling Chinese knockoffs or there "own" version.
it's probably what is recognized by there local "fcc". for example I think in Japan they have a little less output power then what can be sold in America and in Francethey have a lot of restrictions as well on how they can use the frequency.

That being said when you add the 20 or 30 bucks of shipping back in the deal doesn't look as good. But it's still a savings
Old 12-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

I want to be able to correct the steering by adjusting the Tx settings (it's not much but enough to get my car to track straight) and I don't want to take off the servo horn b/c it's almost impossible to get to.

So does the MT-4 and MX-V both have settings to straighten out steering? I'm always having a hard time getting my steering to neutral and I want to know if this can be adjusted in the settings. Or does one radio like the MT-4 have more settings than the MX-V?
Old 01-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Both have this setting. But anyway i recommend good setup on geometry first. MT-4 has much more settings (still learning) and TBH night and day compared to MX-V. Way more control in my Formula 1.

Update: MT-4 was restocked in Poland, so it would confirm that it is still produces/stocked. I upgraded to MT-4S for back-light and other potential extras (lower reaction time and possibility to link to Sanwa combo ESC/RX). Be aware that FHSS2 RXes are no longer supported by EU versions of MT-4/4S, so only more expensive FH3/4 ones are bindable.

Last edited by Yorick; 02-18-2016 at 05:12 AM.