Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Airtronics/sanwa servo shr or ssr >

Airtronics/sanwa servo shr or ssr

Airtronics/sanwa servo shr or ssr

Old 02-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Airtronics/sanwa servo shr or ssr

Hi all, i actually have a sanwa mt4, and i need to replace my old kopropo 0.06 steering servo.
I want to switch to sanwa servo...anybody has tried the SRG-CS servo 0.10sec. in SSR mode?
I don 't know if it's best to have a 0.10 servo in SSR mode, instead of a faster ERS-961 0.08 in "slower" SHR mode...

I've seen many people with sanwa radio that decide to don't use SSR servo.... Also brent thielke...at last jconcepts race...has an M12 radio and could use sanwa servos that supports SSR mode, but chose to use a normal digital sanwa servo...

Is SSR mode useless?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am using ssr mode on my m12 with the srg hv servos, I feel more connected and dialed than my previous ko 2385 and 2367 on normal mode.
Why not using the best your tx can support?
My 2 cents
Old 02-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I run the 961 and 962 servos with my Exzes Z. They will run in SSR mode as well as NOR but I've noticed no difference between the modes. Probably because the servo isn't designed to use the mode. Personally I prefer the quicker more torquey servos than slower, weaker servos with SSR ability. I really like my 961 & 962 servos and don't worry that they are not SSR compatible!!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by choisan
Why not using the best your tx can support?
My 2 cents
That's exactly what i think too!
But also Cavalieri used a no srg servo at recent reedy race...and he could get the best from airtronics...that's why i think that maybe srg servos don't make such a difference...
Let me know what you think about it...
Old 02-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

In my case, I switched from ko to Sanwa in my Mrx 5. I still remembered in my first run with the srg hv, I ran on the apex and my car was flipped with nothing setting changed. I did notice my response of the turning in time faster in the ssr mode.
To me, I won't be able to tell the difference of the 0.01 difference the servo spec, but the feeling of how the car is connected, maybe the latency difference is what you may need to consider.
Different people will have different feeling. Mine is not the general statement. You have to judge it yourselves. I myself did think I should because I am having the best response claimed device and why wouldn't I make use of it.

Some said I spent so i psychologically self claimed the difference. Everyone has his choice. Just be what you can and like.