Wiki Posts
Search

should I ditch the traxxas remote, cant get it setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Its funny that if this was a racing ESC thread and you brought up Castle, the same response would be posted to you.

The DX3R I bought USED 4 years ago never gave me an issue and my DX4R has been great....hobby level and all.
Pissing contest anyone????

Dude, you can defent spektrum all day of you want...

Here's how I see it. In this hobby I am looking for CONSISTENT results. My MT-4 works everytime. Period.

The spektrums I have/had, I needed to add glitch busters or becs and even then they seemes slow to respond and buggy to me. Once I changed to Airtronics...all the glitchyness and random wandering and brown outs stopped.

If you like Spektrum, then more power to you. Stock up on glitch busters or becs and have fun.

The ONLY reason I would consider buying a Spektrum is so I could use those super cheap chinese receivers in my basher cars. Never on a track tho.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread....

To the OP....traxxas tx/rx are actually very good. I would sit down and read the binding and calibration steps for the tx and esc slowly and aloud. Really read them out loud. Your missing a step or something. As long as both channels work, then it should function just fine.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

+1. The majority can't all be wrong!
Old 06-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Do yourself a big favor, don't even look at Spek, even their top of the line can't compete with MT4/4s. Save yourself the problems.
I gave away all my Spek (stuff) just to get rid of the "PITA", Spek brings to the party.
Customer service for Spek is #1, they have a lot of experience.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Not wanting to "offend" anyone, I've never been a big fan of "Pep Boy's" supplied equipment.
Not knocking the quality, and (7/11) convenience of parts, per se.
I think the subject was RX/TX.
I'm looking at alternatives to Castle ESC, but as long as my warranty is still honored, I'll live with the slight inconvenience.
Although the few replacement parts have come Express FedEx, at least.
Get off the $ cheap skate. Welcome to the world of quality RC.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Dang - some straight hating going on here.

Radios are a personal preference, just like shoes. The most important part of ANY radio, is how it feels for you. It does not matter who say what. I have nothing bad to say about either brand and I have BOTH in my house. I prefer Spektrum. Since 2006 I have not had one issue with any Spektrum radio I have owned. I bought my son a DX3R and he didn't like it. He prefers the MT-4. I personally don't like it. Does me not liking the radio justify me coming online to bash it when someone ask a question?

My Spektrum, has every tool I need and is comfortable to me. I have never had an issue with anything and it has always preformed flawlessly.

My son will say the same about his MT.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Dang - some straight hating going on here.

Not hating...just giving facts. The fact is that in my (short) time in this hobby it has become very apparent that MOST people have issues with Spektrum radios (myself included).

I prefer Spektrum. Since 2006 I have not had one issue with any Spektrum radio I have owned...My Spektrum, has every tool I need and is comfortable to me. I have never had an issue with anything and it has always preformed flawlessly.
If it works for you, then I am happy for you. I have seen too many issues, too many people struggle with the product, and too many people switch to Airtronic and/or Futaba and have all of their electrical problems magically go away...I just cannot reccomend anyone spend their money on this poor quality of a product.

And, really, its a shame. I think Spektrum makes some of the most comfortable radios wih the cleanest and easiest to use menus. I wish they were reliable!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ctsvls2
Not hating...just giving facts. The fact is that in my (short) time in this hobby it has become very apparent that MOST people have issues with Spektrum radios (myself included).

If it works for you, then I am happy for you. I have seen too many issues, too many people struggle with the product, and too many people switch to Airtronic and/or Futaba and have all of their electrical problems magically go away...I just cannot reccomend anyone spend their money on this poor quality of a product.

And, really, its a shame. I think Spektrum makes some of the most comfortable radios wih the cleanest and easiest to use menus. I wish they were reliable!
Im sorry you feel that way. I would 110% disagree with you on all levels. Spektrum is the most popular radio at every track I have ever been to, throughout the states. Most of the LHS Ive been to from Cali to Missouri sells more Spektrum than any other brand. From all my experience with RC and from working in hobby shops, I just dont have the knowledge to confirm what you are saying.

I have had VERY good luck from my radio... I buy everything and get no discount to promote a product. But everything in my signature is stuff that has been well by me. Spektrum has been totally AWESOME..... I dont personally know to many people that has had issues.

I bet that Spektrum sales at lease 4 times as many radios in the US compared to any other company. Lets say that EVERY company have a 2% defect tolerance. Because Spektrum sales more, of course there would be more defected products out. just a thought...

for all you new guys. Spekturm is fine. So is Airtronics.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Im sorry you feel that way. I would 110% disagree with you on all levels. Spektrum is the most popular radio at every track I have ever been to, throughout the states. Most of the LHS Ive been to from Cali to Missouri sells more Spektrum than any other brand. From all my experience with RC and from working in hobby shops, I just dont have the knowledge to confirm what you are saying.

I have had VERY good luck from my radio... I buy everything and get no discount to promote a product. But everything in my signature is stuff that has been well by me. Spektrum has been totally AWESOME..... I dont personally know to many people that has had issues.

I bet that Spektrum sales at lease 4 times as many radios in the US compared to any other company. Lets say that EVERY company have a 2% defect tolerance. Because Spektrum sales more, of course there would be more defected products out. just a thought...

for all you new guys. Spekturm is fine. So is Airtronics.
Hey, not wanting to generate any bad feelings about Spek. just speaking from my own experience.
If it works at your track,
Old 06-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yea I guess if a Spektrum DX4R Pro works for Dakota Phend to TQ and win 3 separate classes, then you guys must be a level higher than him.
http://losiraceresults.blogspot.ca/2...2014-roar.html

Give it a rest.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Yea I guess if a Spektrum DX4R Pro works for Dakota Phend to TQ and win 3 separate classes, then you guys must be a level higher than him.
http://losiraceresults.blogspot.ca/2...2014-roar.html

Give it a rest.
At that price point, It comes down to the reputation of reliability.
If I was sponsored, and had my equipment replaced at the snap of my fingers, I would go with that.
If I was just the average Joe, it, ($$$) would certainly open up competitive, and IMO superior alternatives.
Rock on "Spek" fan.
Oh, I think that's it for me on that subject.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:29 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Big Trol

At that price point, It comes down to the reputation of reliability.
If I was sponsored, and had my equipment replaced at the snap of my fingers, I would go with that.
If I was just the average Joe, it, ($$$) would certainly open up competitive, and IMO superior alternatives.
Rock on "Spek" fan.
Oh, I think that's it for me on that subject.
I am still using the original DX4R Pro and receivers that I got when it first came out with no issues.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dakotah Phend
I am still using the original DX4R Pro and receivers that I got when it first came out with no issues.
Good for you man, I guess if they would make their entry level as dependable as their high $$$$ stuff, I would agree with you.
I had enough costly brownouts even with the "glitch busters" to pay for higher end alternative RX/TX.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think the pros would want to keep using something (sponsor or not) that kept giving them issues. they're paid to win races and you cant do that with stuff that isn't up to par.
I mean even adam drake uses spektrum. maybe it's because horizon hobby owns them and that's all they sell besides some budget hitec and stock replacement traxxas junk, maybe not I don't know. but I can't see someone to continue to keep using something that sucks.

for me I would rather use futaba or airtronics. all you need to do is read through a forum or two. there are countless threads of poor performing spektrum radio combos. more than enough to convince me I'd rather not purchase one.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That's the thing I see. Spektrums 'pro' stuff seems to do a decent job however I know people that have had a lot of trouble with it. To me the fundamental problem is with their entry level stuff that's really where radios like the MT4 just blow them away.