Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Sent in to Novak and never hear anything back... >

Sent in to Novak and never hear anything back...

Sent in to Novak and never hear anything back...

Old 01-30-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sent in to Novak and never hear anything back...

Anyone else have issues with customer support at Novak? I purchased a brand new Edge 2S for a vintage car. I soldered it in and programmed it. It worked perfect, except for the fact that you hit even a little bump in the track and it would shut down and flash an unrecognizable error code, steering still worked perfect. Re-soldered and re setup the unit without any changes. Change to a different motor and different glitch buster, no change. Pulled that unit off and plugged a friends LRP in and no problem whatsoever during a whole day of racing. Only problem is friend needed his back and I have no money to buy an "interim" ESC. My club points series just go on and leaves me in the dust... :-(

So within 2 days of laying out my hard earned money (the only money I had for an ESC) I was filling out a warranty request form and sending the unit in. That was three weeks ago. I have not even gotten a confirmation from them that it was received. Is this normal behavior from them? I'm used to my better service from manufacturer support.

Curious if this is normal behavior....

Thanks,
-Adam
Old 01-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Have you called them to see what's up? Did you send it with tracking to be sure it made it to them?
Old 01-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jedijawa View Post
Anyone else have issues with customer support at Novak? I purchased a brand new Edge 2S for a vintage car. I soldered it in and programmed it. It worked perfect, except for the fact that you hit even a little bump in the track and it would shut down and flash an unrecognizable error code, steering still worked perfect. Re-soldered and re setup the unit without any changes. Change to a different motor and different glitch buster, no change. Pulled that unit off and plugged a friends LRP in and no problem whatsoever during a whole day of racing. Only problem is friend needed his back and I have no money to buy an "interim" ESC. My club points series just go on and leaves me in the dust... :-(

So within 2 days of laying out my hard earned money (the only money I had for an ESC) I was filling out a warranty request form and sending the unit in. That was three weeks ago. I have not even gotten a confirmation from them that it was received. Is this normal behavior from them? I'm used to my better service from manufacturer support.

Curious if this is normal behavior....

Thanks,
-Adam
They blew me off twice. Did not honoR warranty either / I just don't buy Novak .
Old 01-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 275 (100%+)

They were in the process of moving so they may have gotten behind in service work and replies. Call them and see what's up!

New Address: 19 Rancho Circle, Lake Forest CA 92630

New Number: (949) 916-6044

Customer Service e-mail addresses have not changed, and you can reach us at:

Customer Service Inquiries: [email protected]
Technical Support Inquiries: [email protected]

Customer Service Hours:

Monday- Thursday: 9:00 - 11:00 am; and 2:00 - 4:00pm (Pacific Standard Time)
Old 01-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have called and e-mailed them before and after they moved I need a new case for my havoc pro sc and when I have talked to someone they did not know anything and said they would call me back with answer they have never called back nor have they answered email. I have called for the last two days with either no answer or a busy signal so thats it for me
Old 01-30-2014, 04:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thats one reason I buy stuff that has people who post here, I can get answers from:
Tekin,
Hobbywing,
Speedpassion
Old 01-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Same thing here man, had a Novak GTB2 Xdrive with Vulcan 7.5, ran it twice at the track when the motor locked up, took the ESC out with it, emailed their support guy who said mail it back, that was December 14th....

Have emailed them a bunch and gotten virtually no info, USPS tracking says they got it but I can't get them to even confirm they have it.

The guy I have emailed seems nice, but every time it is the same story, they moved, they are super busy, and it will be a couple of weeks before I even hear back...

I gave up and just ordered a hobbywing setup, hopefully I get the Novak back but I am not holding my breath.

Sucks as when I was a kid they were great, and one of the reasons I bought them was their good service and made in US label.

Now I kinda wish I had bought an Orion or just started with the hobbywing.

I should note that when I bought the combo too they sent me the low profile heatsink, I emailed Novak to get the right one and they said they were sending it but never ever did.

I also bought an Edge ESC with traxxas but returned it as they discontinued it and sent me Tamiya instead, now I am glad I sent it back and got the XErun instead.

they seem to update their facebook page though
Old 01-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

There are big changes going on at Novak. Besides the address change they have the name change and change in ownership. On top of that they are now being exclusively sold by Great Planes/Hobbico. So I think something is up and they are not responding. Even the website is not loading. Though it still works on my mobile. I hope this is just temporary. I've always had good service from them. Been using Novak since the 90's and have always gotten prompt service when issues arise. I'm trying to get a new ESC/Motor combo soon so I hope they can resolve their internal issues.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme View Post
There are big changes going on at Novak. Besides the address change they have the name change and change in ownership. On top of that they are now being exclusively sold by Great Planes/Hobbico. So I think something is up and they are not responding. Even the website is not loading. Though it still works on my mobile. I hope this is just temporary. I've always had good service from them. Been using Novak since the 90's and have always gotten prompt service when issues arise. I'm trying to get a new ESC/Motor combo soon so I hope they can resolve their internal issues.
hey Jack, I get that and all, but one would think they would at least try and keep up with customer service...

I really don't think I am asking for much, heck all I want them to do is verify that they got my stuff at this point, something I can't get them to do.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Email me directly if you have concerns. There is a lot more going on then "just the move" as some have indicated.

We are doing EVERYTHING WE CAN to stay on top of customer service, however we are extremely short staffed and on 4 day work weeks. So it's taking a VERY long time. Calling will not help. Emailling won't help. Time will help. We're working frantically to get back to normal, but it's going to be some time.

[email protected] always goes "right to charlie", and if that doesn't work, [email protected] or [email protected]

Also, just an FYI folks, emails are not perfect. I reply to every single email that I receive, and on more then a few occasions, the "reply" is bounced back to us. The sender cannot receive our reply. It's not super common, but does happen. So if you send a well worded, clear email that is semi polite and to the point, I assure you, we've tried to reply. Maybe try a 2nd email, or simply punch my email address into your phone and shoot us a txt that way.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

back in the day with brush motors, I only bought Novak. Their speed controls and service was without a doubt the best. Those days are gone.... last time I called them a couple of years back sounded like a teenage girl was answering the service line. Just double talked over what I was saying and then told me ''sorry sir I cant help you"" so sad cause I wanted to support the American ECS company that was so good to me in the 90's. But when you say: sorry cant help you to me.... then I said sorry I cant be your customer anymore. My money has gone to SP and HW ever since.Not much more to say. Moving is one thing.... putting your customers on hold till your good and ready is another.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

I would advise doing what Charlie said and email him directly. I emailed him my ESC question today and got a response within 10 min! This is the service I am used to. I hope all goes as well for the rest of you soon.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme View Post
I would advise doing what Charlie said and email him directly. I emailed him my ESC question today and got a response within 10 min! This is the service I am used to. I hope all goes as well for the rest of you soon.
Hey Jack and Charlie,

So I have tried that, and appreciate what Charlie does, however I think that while he provides great customer service this is a bit bigger than the efforts of arguably one guy as one person can only do so much and he seems spread pretty thin between tech support, email, and from what I gather their social media stuff...

Like I said, I gave up for the most part trying to get status on my esc/motor combo as I felt like I was being the pain in the ass for having emailed a number of times over the course of a month...

Now I figure that whenever I hear something back I will be excited/happy

If I don't hear anything back by mid next month I may hit them up again

But again it sucks as while the USPS tracking shows it as delivered I have no way of knowing if Novak really has it or if I should go beat up the USPS

I am left to assume that either Novak is super busy and has it in a pile somewhere, or that it is lost, and I can only hope for the former

I have been in communication with Charlie, and I think my emails have been ok, but the last time I bothered emailing was on the 14th of this month and again I felt like I was being a pain in the ass and also feel bad because he seems pretty swamped, so I just bought something else and hopefully I get this back to use as a spare.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Such a shame. And to think they are a major part of VTA. Hope that ROAR doesn't let Novak take VTA with it.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Been waiting on a part since Oct.

Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.