Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me pick a new high end radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

If the MT4 was backlit, it would be all of the radio anyone needed. Unless your a crawler, your wont ever used 75% of the radio anyway. Spekrum? I could never pull the trigger one one because of all of the issues. Airtronics are problem free. Futaba are decent, but their different receiver technologies confuse me.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
If the MT4 was backlit, it would be all of the radio anyone needed. Unless your a crawler, your wont ever used 75% of the radio anyway. Spekrum? I could never pull the trigger one one because of all of the issues. Airtronics are problem free. Futaba are decent, but their different receiver technologies confuse me.
futaba not too confusing, FHSS is pretty dang solid, to where I'd say this technology is up there with the best of them. FASST is tip top, best of the best. basically built in diversity system. plus the FAAST receivers are the ones that can do over 8 volts for all the uber brushless high voltage servos. (like my savox that does 0.65 second 60 degree and 277 torque at 7.4v, woot)

and we all know AM and FM are no mystery lol. not super confusing if you cut through all the marketing crap, but they definitely don't make it easy to know which is better, other than price
Old 01-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 5errated
futaba not too confusing, FHSS is pretty dang solid, to where I'd say this technology is up there with the best of them. FASST is tip top, best of the best. basically built in diversity system. plus the FAAST receivers are the ones that can do over 8 volts for all the uber brushless high voltage servos. (like my savox that does 0.65 second 60 degree and 277 torque at 7.4v, woot)

and we all know AM and FM are no mystery lol. not super confusing if you cut through all the marketing crap, but they definitely don't make it easy to know which is better, other than price
what I ment was. The MT4 can us all fhss2+ receivers. The Futaba stuff has 2 different receivers and I "think" the 4PLS is a $250 transmitter that uses the slower receiver, but the 3PM-X is Fasst and costs less than the 4pls. So I dislike the system.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I was looking at the MT4, looks like a decent radio for the price, but looked kind of small compared to the M11/M12. I saw somewhere that they have a new MT-4 coming out but not yet available in the states? Wonder if they added a back-light since that's to be a big selling point for some!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Prophet

oh.....that might be why the mt4 is on sale.....I have the mt4 and I actually like it because it light. I used to use the m8 and other high end Airtronics radios, but imo, light is nice to have. Backlit and drop down option are all of the extras I will need
Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Went from DX3R Pro to an M11 w/ Spektrum and a M11X. Never looked back. I like this style of radio more than most.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Based on a very small sample pool (a bunch of guys I know personally), nobody that switched from a Spektrum DX3R Pro to an MT4/M12 have ever complained about anything. They really are just better radios.