Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Radio/Receivers that Do/Don't work with Hobbywing Xerun 1/8th esc? >

Radio/Receivers that Do/Don't work with Hobbywing Xerun 1/8th esc?

Radio/Receivers that Do/Don't work with Hobbywing Xerun 1/8th esc?

Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Radio/Receivers that Do/Don't work with Hobbywing Xerun 1/8th esc?

I've read that some radio's, well really the receiver, doesn't work well with the hobbywing 1/8th xerun esc. Namely the Tactic/Tower 2.4Ghz system.

I just put this esc in my savage with a tacon 2150kv 4074 motor running 4S. The radio I am currently using is an Airtronics MX-3 FM from back in the day...and of course at about 100 feet or so it starts glitching.

So I was going to switch to a 2.4Ghz system, a cheapo pulled from a RTR (hpi, traxxas, axial, etc) because I'm just bashing around in the back yard - no competition type stuff.

So is there a brand I should stay away from given my setup?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Only thing I have read and experienced with the HW Xerun esc's is issues with the weak internal BEC causing brownouts on receivers and servos. Run an external Castle 10 amp BEC and problem solved.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
Only thing I have read and experienced with the HW Xerun esc's is issues with the weak internal BEC causing brownouts on receivers and servos. Run an external Castle 10 amp BEC and problem solved.
Thanks for the feedback...I've only seen this stated once (about the tactic's not compatible with the hobbywing esc).