Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Anyone else having or had Savox HV servo issues recently? >

Anyone else having or had Savox HV servo issues recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else having or had Savox HV servo issues recently?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Anyone else having or had Savox HV servo issues recently?

I am a loyal Savox customer and always recommend them to newbies and racers looking to change brands. Recently I have had 2 Savox servos go bad with VERY little runtime on them HV1268sg had maybe 5 races/1-2 hrs with no warning just lost power and never worked again just quit and a BRAND NEW SG1271HV servo that I ran in 2 qualifiers and just started acting strange in the warm up before the race then all of sudden car wouldn't steer at all and I came off to check on the issue! It was smoking from the front at the bottom of the case and I am VERY anal about my EPA settings cause I am also a rebuild or repair guy in my area for some of our locals and I setup a lot of systems which all of the recent ones are working for the racers perfectly so I know how to properly install and set EPA also I have several other older Savox that have been great for a long time. I am trying to figure out what I should do haven't even got my 1268 back yet and I got the 1271 so I could make my older 1267 a backup once I got the 1268 back. Anyway I run them in a Kyosho TKI3 with a tray that has rubber feet and I even use grommets also made sure it wasn't slapping chassis! Sucks cause I might switch brands I had 2 DNF in points races while leading the series now got no chance to take the Championship and I can't have that happening need to get some good finishes for a interested local sponsor also! I am the only one having Savox failures recently and any ideas on what might cause these problems? I use a Protek lipo and Ko Propo digital v2 switch in a TKI3 with a functional servo saver. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ya i just had my new 1272 go bad on me. it started jerking back and forth
and i have had 2 others go bad with low run time. I wont be buying another thats for sure
Old 10-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savannahmick
I am a loyal Savox customer and always recommend them to newbies and racers looking to change brands. Recently I have had 2 Savox servos go bad with VERY little runtime on them HV1268sg had maybe 5 races/1-2 hrs with no warning just lost power and never worked again just quit and a BRAND NEW SG1271HV servo that I ran in 2 qualifiers and just started acting strange in the warm up before the race then all of sudden car wouldn't steer at all and I came off to check on the issue! It was smoking from the front at the bottom of the case and I am VERY anal about my EPA settings cause I am also a rebuild or repair guy in my area for some of our locals and I setup a lot of systems which all of the recent ones are working for the racers perfectly so I know how to properly install and set EPA also I have several other older Savox that have been great for a long time. I am trying to figure out what I should do haven't even got my 1268 back yet and I got the 1271 so I could make my older 1267 a backup once I got the 1268 back. Anyway I run them in a Kyosho TKI3 with a tray that has rubber feet and I even use grommets also made sure it wasn't slapping chassis! Sucks cause I might switch brands I had 2 DNF in points races while leading the series now got no chance to take the Championship and I can't have that happening need to get some good finishes for a interested local sponsor also! I am the only one having Savox failures recently and any ideas on what might cause these problems? I use a Protek lipo and Ko Propo digital v2 switch in a TKI3 with a functional servo saver. Thanks!
Not sure what to point you at, maybe BEC voltage issue? But to have two failures in short order sounds like it would be a symptom and not a cause.