upgraded FET's....

from my aged memory...

RSX, 180 amp per leg,,,

RSX PRO 210 amp per leg...
https://www.liverc.com/news/new_prod...110-scale_ESC/
Old 01-17-2019, 08:22 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by alavigna View Post
I was excited to see the new RSX Pro come out today. However, after looking over the features, I don't really see what is different from the current model? I see listed the updated software settings, perhaps a few more parameters, etc., but I feel like that could be marketing talk more than substantial change. I own 4 Tekin RSX esc's, and I love them. In fact, I love Tekin, and run their electronics almost exclusively. The layout and build of the RSX is very good, as evidenced by the fact that the new RSX Pro is basically physically the same. A few changes of red to silver, updated fan, and graphics seem to be the only changes. I don't know if I should be happy that the existing model is so good it didn't need much change, or annoyed that this new RSX Pro is not really different?

I am not complaining or throwing shade at Tekin. Again, I am a huge fan and loyal customer. Maybe I am totally missing something that makes the new model different? I'm just not sure how I feel about this "new" RSX. Anyway, First World Problems, am I right?
New solder posts that are shorter and have a different solder pocket design for easier connections.
New FETs which upped the amperage to 210 from the previous 180.
New BEC components.
Board composition also changed, striving for lower resistance.
Larger heat sink for increased cooling.

Just like when we revamped the RS PRO to the Black Edition, lots of changes were made that maybe aren't immediately apparent but they are there. Components evolve, we always want to use the absolute best quality we can, so the RSX went PRO since it is substantially upgraded from the previous version.
dvaid852456 likes this.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:23 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by dski View Post
with the RSX pro coming will software updates stop being released for the RSX?
The RSX will stop at the current V272, yes.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
New solder posts that are shorter and have a different solder pocket design for easier connections.
New FETs which upped the amperage to 210 from the previous 180.
New BEC components.
Board composition also changed, striving for lower resistance.
Larger heat sink for increased cooling.

Just like when we revamped the RS PRO to the Black Edition, lots of changes were made that maybe aren't immediately apparent but they are there. Components evolve, we always want to use the absolute best quality we can, so the RSX went PRO since it is substantially upgraded from the previous version.
Thanks for the info. Is there a release date for the rsx pro yet?
Old 01-17-2019, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Thank You,, Team Tekin,,,

with the information you provided.. besides the press release.....

I see the RSX Pro soon in my SC5M
awaiting for Date and price.

10 years for my RS gen one.... .. retirement ..
Randy_Pike likes this.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:32 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
In the VERY near future.
oldernoob and mtbwrench like this.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
In the VERY near future.
but at my age,,, sooooner is better then later
I am old, but I am not slow..
Old 01-18-2019, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

based on my reading of available information....

there must have been many changes to the software for the New RSX Pro,,,,,,
RSX no longer have software updates...

just like the RS gen one... old technology.. but still a good piece of equipment.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
In the VERY near future.
Great I will be picking up a few
Randy_Pike likes this.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

I ran the older rs pros for a good while and never had any issues. Actually ran them since around 09/10 somewhere around there. I replaced them with the rs pro black editions about a year ago, but the one esc wanted to go into the thermal shutdown in my 4wd with a 5.5. It was okay for a 5 minute heat and the motor was not bad at 144, but around the 6 minute mark in the main it started to cut out and go into the thermal shut down. I had to slow down to keep it running and finish the 8 minute main. At the end of the main the motor was 146. Not sure how warm it would have been if I ran it all out the whole main, but that’s what it was when I checked it. I don’t typically run a 5.5, but I never had any issues when I did with those old rs pros.

Anyways I went back to a 7.5 for club racing and no heat issues in a ten minute main.

I chose the rs pro black over the rsx because I never had any issues in the past, the motor limit says 2.5 brushless and due to the ability to have really clean wiring. I like the way the battery posts are on one side instead of being in between the a, b and c.

I’ll get the rsx pro for mod/outdoors and seal with the clumsy wiring so I don’t have to worry about that issue again.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:16 PM
Team Tekin

I ran the older rs pros for a good while and never had any issues. Actually ran them since around 09/10 somewhere around there. I replaced them with the rs pro black editions about a year ago, but the one esc wanted to go into the thermal shutdown in my 4wd with a 5.5. It was okay for a 5 minute heat and the motor was not bad at 144, but around the 6 minute mark in the main it started to cut out and go into the thermal shut down. I had to slow down to keep it running and finish the 8 minute main. At the end of the main the motor was 146. Not sure how warm it would have been if I ran it all out the whole main, but thatís what it was when I checked it. I donít typically run a 5.5, but I never had any issues when I did with those old rs pros.

Anyways I went back to a 7.5 for club racing and no heat issues in a ten minute main.

I chose the rs pro black over the rsx because I never had any issues in the past, the motor limit says 2.5 brushless and due to the ability to have really clean wiring. I like the way the battery posts are on one side instead of being in between the a, b and c.

Iíll get the rsx pro for mod/outdoors and seal with the clumsy wiring so I donít have to worry about that issue again.
The RS Pro BE was never intended for any mod racing to be honest. While it can handle the motor, as you found it will get hot and shut down. The RS Pro BE was brought into the market as the ultimate spec racing esc, with the lowest on resistance of ANY esc on the market.

For mod, go RSX Pro.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I ran the older rs pros for a good while and never had any issues. Actually ran them since around 09/10 somewhere around there. I replaced them with the rs pro black editions about a year ago, but the one esc wanted to go into the thermal shutdown in my 4wd with a 5.5. It was okay for a 5 minute heat and the motor was not bad at 144, but around the 6 minute mark in the main it started to cut out and go into the thermal shut down. I had to slow down to keep it running and finish the 8 minute main. At the end of the main the motor was 146. Not sure how warm it would have been if I ran it all out the whole main, but that’s what it was when I checked it. I don’t typically run a 5.5, but I never had any issues when I did with those old rs pros.

I’ll get the rsx pro for mod/outdoors and seal with the clumsy wiring so I don’t have to worry about that issue again.
Wow, you powered a 4wd with a 5.5 for 5 minutes with an ESC rated for 13.5....impressive really. No sarcasm. I was thinking today, can the rs pro BE power my 2wd with a 7.5 turned down....makes me want to try lol
Old 01-21-2019, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just picked up a brand new RSX from a guy on ebay for a decent price, I'm pleased with it quality wise, haven't ran it yet however
Old 01-21-2019, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I ran the older rs pros for a good while and never had any issues. Actually ran them since around 09/10 somewhere around there. I replaced them with the rs pro black editions about a year ago, but the one esc wanted to go into the thermal shutdown in my 4wd with a 5.5. It was okay for a 5 minute heat and the motor was not bad at 144, but around the 6 minute mark in the main it started to cut out and go into the thermal shut down. I had to slow down to keep it running and finish the 8 minute main. At the end of the main the motor was 146. Not sure how warm it would have been if I ran it all out the whole main, but thatís what it was when I checked it. I donít typically run a 5.5, but I never had any issues when I did with those old rs pros.

Iíll get the rsx pro for mod/outdoors and seal with the clumsy wiring so I donít have to worry about that issue again.
If you run in Dual Mode instead of sensored only, you will notice a big decrease in ESC temps. The motor won't be quite as punchy, but it's a small trade off. Before the RSX, I had an RS Pro in my B44 with a 6.5. and had no problems in Dual Mode. For a while, I used a Gen2 RS in mod 2wd buggy and never thermalled indoors or out with an 8.5 in Dual Mode.

That being said, I love having the RSX in every car now so I don't have to think twice about heat issues. And if I need to loan one out to a friend, they are good to go in any class but 1/8 scale.
Cain likes this.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:49 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Wow, you powered a 4wd with a 5.5 for 5 minutes with an ESC rated for 13.5....impressive really. No sarcasm. I was thinking today, can the rs pro BE power my 2wd with a 7.5 turned down....makes me want to try lol
To be clear here, the RS Pro BE technically doesn't have a motor limit with a 2 pole 2s setup. The RS Pro BE also handles the most current out of ANY Tekin brushless ESc including our own Rx8!

That said, the RS Pro BE can likely run a 7.5 in a 2wd in most conditions. You get into mega high grip astro and perhaps it thermals, but it will not fail.

The RS Pro BE simply has the lowest on resistance of ANY esc in the market today, hence it's the best choice for spec racing.

The RSX Pro is a step ahead of the original RSX. Considering that the RSX was well past 4 years old, and still a formidable esc today. The RSX Pro is a true noticeable improvement, which most companies don't offer an ESC with that kind of service life, let alone top shelf performance.
skrichter, lowspark and oldernoob like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.