Like Tree31Likes

Official Tekin RSX Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Ok, a few things here.

Stock BEC voltage is 6v on all units.

Gearing a 2.5T motor 75/35 is not going to work, and the 66T spur will make it worse. If you're trying to dump the throttle with this setup you could be asking the battery to deliver over 500+ amps! I realize this is likely a high speed car, but you'll need to roll on the throttle a little bit here.
Understand that the ESC has NO control over the steering aside from powering the BEC. If you're amping out the battery in this manner, the BEC may get a ripple current through it the receiver cannot handle. A receiver cap may help squelch the noise and cure this, but the gearing you're trying to run isn't sustainable.
That makes alot of sense, And I was having issues with just rolling the throttle, I think the smallest i can go is 75/23, I'll see what happens and if i can make it work or just save this set up for a real touring car. But I guess we can rule out the motor and esc and I do thank you for all your help.
Randy_Pike likes this.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Question for Randy. (sorry if this has been asked before)
I'm hearing other ESC brands are testing with very low drive frequencies for stock class racing, like in the 1000Hz range.
Will the RSX be capable of these low frequencies?
Would this be an upcoming firmware update?
thanks,
Old 05-11-2018, 10:08 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lawton70 View Post
Question for Randy. (sorry if this has been asked before)
I'm hearing other ESC brands are testing with very low drive frequencies for stock class racing, like in the 1000Hz range.
Will the RSX be capable of these low frequencies?
Would this be an upcoming firmware update?
thanks,
Maybe, We go down to 2khz now and so far have not found a reason to go lower. We easily can as our hardware supports much lower frequencies if we need to go there. One of the best things about Tekin is that we are often way ahead of our competition when it comes to hardware. This allows us to offer free as needed software adjustments to bring your ESC up to the highest level with a few mouse clicks.
Casper, lawton70 and Talon4U2NV like this.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Back in the brushed days (so not sure if still applies) but really low freq usually increased heat.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Back in the brushed days (so not sure if still applies) but really low freq usually increased heat.
The theory can be the same but we don't see it typically.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:59 AM
Tech Prophet

The theory can be the same but we don't see it typically.
ok. thanks for clarifying. Back in the day with Keyence brushed ESC's we could run really low freq and cook a brushed motor. I have been running in the lower range with the tekin stuff and not had any issues just not sure if there was a "breaking point" in the brushless world.

Last edited by Casper; 05-15-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe, We go down to 2khz now and so far have not found a reason to go lower. We easily can as our hardware supports much lower frequencies if we need to go there. One of the best things about Tekin is that we are often way ahead of our competition when it comes to hardware. This allows us to offer free as needed software adjustments to bring your ESC up to the highest level with a few mouse clicks.
Is there any harm on releasing a firmware that will run at these low frequencies so tekin racers can run them if they feel the need?
Old 07-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by lawton70 View Post
Is there any harm on releasing a firmware that will run at these low frequencies so tekin racers can run them if they feel the need?
Potential harm...not likely. But I'd have to see lap time improvement to spend the $$ to make the change and get ROAR approval for it.
Edwin Pibal and Talon4U2NV like this.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 251 (100%+)

Running a brand right now that advertises a 32bit CPU and does the frequency down to 1000Khz.

They state that lower frequency will give it more agressive throttle feel and less overall RPM. Going the other way does the reverse and increase heat in the ESC.

One thing I was curious about was does it also increase (when you go to a lower frequency) heat in the motor?

Playing with the setting for that brand it does fee more punchy.

For the Tekin RSX versus that RS Pro Black edition, which one would be better for 17.5 stock 2wd buggy, and also for 1/10 4wd open?

I don't have a smart phone, so is there a cheap tablet you guys recommend to grab for adjustments?
Old 07-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Running a brand right now that advertises a 32bit CPU and does the frequency down to 1000Khz.

They state that lower frequency will give it more agressive throttle feel and less overall RPM. Going the other way does the reverse and increase heat in the ESC.

One thing I was curious about was does it also increase (when you go to a lower frequency) heat in the motor?

Playing with the setting for that brand it does fee more punchy.

For the Tekin RSX versus that RS Pro Black edition, which one would be better for 17.5 stock 2wd buggy, and also for 1/10 4wd open?

I don't have a smart phone, so is there a cheap tablet you guys recommend to grab for adjustments?
RS Pro BE for 17.5 and RSX for mod 4wd. As Randy always says get the right tool for the job.

According to the play store the tekin hotwire app will work on any android OS 3.1 to 7.0. You can attach using USB cable or Bluetooth (BLE) compatible device if you have the Hotwire 3.0.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamtekin

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=android+tablet&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aandr oid+tablet&qid=1531432302&sort=price-asc-rank
Cain likes this.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I run an RS Pro BE in my EB410 13.5 Stock indoor clay car and also have an RSX running in another EB410 indoor carpet car with a 13.5 in it
Honestly; if you stay stock class, the RS Pro BE is perfect... I got a screaming deal on my RSX off here and did it and when i land an ET410 when and if
that arrives... the RSX will goto that and I will put and RS Pro BE into the carpet buggy. RSX does weigh a touch more than the RS Pro BE FWIW.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 251 (100%+)

thanks for the info!

Using an EB210 conversion, maybe the RSX all around would be best as a layout change of the electronics thinking of moving them forward on the chassis, plus, some talk about mod class in the future.

Also an ET410 (maybe changed to a ET210) is in the cards here too

Anyway thanks for all the info!
Talon4U2NV likes this.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone is using the RSX in touring cars ? how about the experience ?
Edwin Pibal likes this.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:25 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Guatott View Post
Anyone is using the RSX in touring cars ? how about the experience ?
Plenty of people do.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Many of the great advanced braking features of the RSX and smooth throttle will make it a great TC ESC. Tekin top of the heap in the onroad world.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service