Official Tekin RSX Thread >

Official Tekin RSX Thread

Like Tree75Likes

Official Tekin RSX Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 154 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Tobey457 View Post

welp, plugged everything into the laptop, update to 272, Hotwire is showing Ďfan always oní but still no juice for the fan or Hotwire.

Any other quick tricks I can try before I contact Tekin?
Hmm...

Does this Hotwire work fine with other speed controls?

I had a stint where I kept plugging in the hotwire backwards in the port on the RSX, but that was just an ID10T error on my part. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. :-/
Old 07-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio View Post
Hmm...

Does this Hotwire work fine with other speed controls?

I had a stint where I kept plugging in the hotwire backwards in the port on the RSX, but that was just an ID10T error on my part. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. :-/
yes this Hotwire and the test fan I used work on other RSX ESCs I have, even tried plugging them in backwards as I had the same problem as you before. Haha

i talked through it with tekin customer support, the component is on the board and cannot be repaired, the whole unit would need to be replaced. I can still program it with a Hotwire through a tablet / laptop, it just canít power a fan, or the bluetooth Hotwire for on-the-fly updates.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just purchased a Tekin RS Gen2 (I think i got a decent price on a lightly used one). In any case I'm curious if I need to do anything to it in order to use 7.4v on servo and or battery ? sorry this will be my first time running in years when this tech wasnt even around.

in any case I really look forward to any comments. If someone has any advice with this ESC bad or good id love to hear it!

i bought a REVTECH 13.5t motor to run with this that is on the way as well. I have at savox 1258tg servo

t6.1
Old 07-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2 View Post
I just purchased a Tekin RS Gen2 (I think i got a decent price on a lightly used one). In any case I'm curious if I need to do anything to it in order to use 7.4v on servo and or battery ? sorry this will be my first time running in years when this tech wasnt even around.

in any case I really look forward to any comments. If someone has any advice with this ESC bad or good id love to hear it!

i bought a REVTECH 13.5t motor to run with this that is on the way as well. I have at savox 1258tg servo

t6.1
This is the wrong thread, but you do have to hook it up to a Tekin Hotwire and manually change the BEC voltage. You can't do it through the ESC itself.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

I hope tekin sorts out the issues with the rsx pro using the hot wire for android I have 2 new pros and cant use my hot wire but works fine on lap top kind of a bummer they release new products that aren't compatible and I have seen earlier post about tekin trying to fix the problem also I have an ra# number I got a bout a month ago to send back an rsx how long is this # good for thanks
Old 07-12-2019, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by firecat View Post
I hope tekin sorts out the issues with the rsx pro using the hot wire for android
Are you trying to use the Bluetooth method with Android?
Old 07-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Team Tekin

I hope tekin sorts out the issues with the rsx pro using the hot wire for android I have 2 new pros and cant use my hot wire but works fine on lap top kind of a bummer they release new products that aren't compatible and I have seen earlier post about tekin trying to fix the problem also I have an ra# number I got a bout a month ago to send back an rsx how long is this # good for thanks
The new android version that works with RSxpro and the new Gen3 units is available in the Play store now. IOS versions should be available in a few weeks pending approval by Apple.
lowspark and oldernoob like this.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Are you trying to use the Bluetooth method with Android?
yes blue tooth works on my old RSX and new RS pro but not on RSX pro tried unloading and loading app a few times with no luck but I can program with a lap top starting to think it was bad move to invest in tekin speedos

Old 07-13-2019, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
The new android version that works with RSxpro and the new Gen3 units is available in the Play store now. IOS versions should be available in a few weeks pending approval by Apple.
still no luck unfortunately
Old 07-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just got a Tekin rs gen2 ,my hotwire 2.0 will be here by Tuesday. You have the 3.0 I assume ? I'm excited to mess with it. Main reason I got it was to adjust Bec to 7.4 in hopes of getting better servo performance
Old 07-14-2019, 09:22 AM
Team Tekin

still no luck unfortunately
Did you try uninstall and then new install?
If it works with other escs but just not rsxpro it sounds like it did not update properly.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes blue tooth works on my old RSX and new RS pro but not on RSX pro tried unloading and loading app a few times with no luck but I can program with a lap top starting to think it was bad move to invest in tekin speedos
The reason I ask is that I had an issue connecting to a Gen2 RS. Basically, with the ESC connected to my receiver, it wouldn't bind via Bluetooth. Randy had mentioned that some receivers interfere with the ESC. Disconnecting the ESC from the receiver allowed the bind to work for me. I know you needed a software update for your issue, but maybe this could help along with the software update.