Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Official Tekin RSX Thread >

Official Tekin RSX Thread

Like Tree69Likes

Official Tekin RSX Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Any update when the Gen 3 Spec speedo will be out? We have to run a zero timing esc in our series. Right now Im running the Gen 2 spec but saw where the Gen 3 was being developed.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Spoke to Randy Pike. The updated app, which reads the new RSX Pro, has not yet been released to the iOS or Android stores as of yet. They are hoping this week.

The HW 3.0 is being recognized by the current apps, it just cannot read the RSX Pro esc at this time (cannot make updates via your phone/device until the new app is released -- kinda disappointing). The PC app works fine. See FB message.

mushroomed likes this.

Last edited by skrichter; 02-26-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jdearhart View Post
Any update when the Gen 3 Spec speedo will be out? We have to run a zero timing esc in our series. Right now Im running the Gen 2 spec but saw where the Gen 3 was being developed.
Anyone?
Old 04-03-2019, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone?
https://www.teamtekin.com/phone/rspro.html

Is the top notch stock ESC.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oldernoob View Post
https://www.teamtekin.com/phone/rspro.html

Is the top notch stock ESC.
Trust me, Id run that one if we could. But the rules we go by say the speedo has to be a zero timing speedo like the Gen 2 Rs Spec or the Hobbywing Xr10 justock.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 154 (99%+)

I've never seen Tekin comment on a new model coming out until its less than a month away. Looking at past releases, typical model life-cycle is 4-ish years so I understand you want some solid info on a possible fresh model.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Krio View Post
I've never seen Tekin comment on a new model coming out until its less than a month away. Looking at past releases, typical model life-cycle is 4-ish years so I understand you want some solid info on a possible fresh model.
Thanks. The main reason I ask is because on page 100 of this thread (I think), there was an article in RCCA about the RSX Pro that included a pic of the Gen 3 RS and RS Spec.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 154 (99%+)

Thanks. The main reason I ask is because on page 100 of this thread (I think), there was an article in RCCA about the RSX Pro that included a pic of the Gen 3 RS and RS Spec.
If someone asked me to place bets on when we might see the Gen3 RS and Spec, my money would be on late summer. I'd put money on it being available for next indoor season. Not a lot of money... maybe $20.
Arcain41 likes this.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For anyone interested in the new Tekin RSX Pro, I’ve made an unboxing video

Last edited by mushroomed; 04-12-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Trust me, Id run that one if we could. But the rules we go by say the speedo has to be a zero timing speedo like the Gen 2 Rs Spec or the Hobbywing Xr10 justock.
Not even if it's in locked blinky? Wow, that's tight. Probably why i run mod now!
Old 04-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Good - RSX Pro was soooooo much smoother than SMC RF-170

Bad - On 4th or 5th run my Mod TC stopped abruptly and now it's flashing 1,2 and 5,6. Not the motor since it works on another ESC.

I've heard good things about Tekin customer service so looks like I'll be getting some first hand experience.
mushroomed likes this.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Good - RSX Pro was soooooo much smoother than SMC RF-170

Bad - On 4th or 5th run my Mod TC stopped abruptly and now it's flashing 1,2 and 5,6. Not the motor since it works on another ESC.

I've heard good things about Tekin customer service so looks like I'll be getting some first hand experience.
I just purchased the RC10T6.1 kit and these are the two ESC's i'm looking at SMC or Tekin. Customer Service is way more important to me than price. Did you mail it in and do they refurbish yours, send you a refurbished unit, or exchange for a new one? SMC has a 2 year warranty on their ESC, is that the same for Tekin and most manufactures?

Thanks
mushroomed likes this.

Last edited by Relaxin; 04-10-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

Ok I've got one of the new 1/10 scale truggys. I'm looking at putting putting a 4600kva motor in it and running the rsx pro geared very appropriately. No moon truggys lol. Anyway I get that is only rated at 3500kva for 4 pole but with 3s. Batteries. I get 3s is more efficient by a long shot when gear correctly. Reason I'm looking at this one is I am suffering from a lack of mounting space. And the rsx pro will fit fine and leave me room for the rest of my electrics, while a larger rx8 will take away all the mounting space I have. Now if my memory serves me right the 1gen rx8 we're rated for less amps by fets but could push the motor then the rsx pro. Yes I get the is bigger with a larger heatsinks. Better thermal Dynamics. I guess my question is what are the ramifications of using this speed controller in my 2.5-3lb car pushing that big motor. Am I looking at a shorter life span with that occasional to Simi frequent thermal shut down. Or an I looking complete thermal run away every time I pull the trigger?
PS I am estimating the weight.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killer rock View Post
Ok I've got one of the new 1/10 scale truggys. I'm looking at putting putting a 4600kva motor in it and running the rsx pro geared very appropriately. No moon truggys lol. Anyway I get that is only rated at 3500kva for 4 pole but with 3s. Batteries. I get 3s is more efficient by a long shot when gear correctly. Reason I'm looking at this one is I am suffering from a lack of mounting space. And the rsx pro will fit fine and leave me room for the rest of my electrics, while a larger rx8 will take away all the mounting space I have. Now if my memory serves me right the 1gen rx8 we're rated for less amps by fets but could push the motor then the rsx pro. Yes I get the is bigger with a larger heatsinks. Better thermal Dynamics. I guess my question is what are the ramifications of using this speed controller in my 2.5-3lb car pushing that big motor. Am I looking at a shorter life span with that occasional to Simi frequent thermal shut down. Or an I looking complete thermal run away every time I pull the trigger?
PS I am estimating the weight.
I have talked to a few people and most everyone dislikes the 4 pole in the truggy. Most run a 5.5 and rsx pro
Cain likes this.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

having seen the first race of those 1/10 truggies and from what it sounds like they were all using 540 2 pole motors, looked like 4 pole was not needed. Those vehicles had tons of torque to them. Looks like a fun class.

For my Tekin RSX Pros so far so good. they work quite well, and appear to be pretty durable from some of the hard hits I have sustained. showing another driver the speed control pretty much the only thing he mentioned he would like to see as a future option / change is a set location for the capacitor, that he meant "solder it here" versus how it goes to the posts kind of where you want it. Basically I think its own connection spot specifically for it.

He did comment too how nice tekin's wire is which I like, not overally bulky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service