Search
Like Tree39Likes

Graupner transmitter X-8E

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ebaltazar
I have an X-8e and am so disappointed that Graupner USA is done. Although I don't anticipate any issues with the transmitter, finding a replacement battery is going to be a challenge.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...k-5550/p867411
Old 04-05-2020, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Well, that was not much of a challenge! LOL! Thanks once again Bill!
billdelong likes this.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

I've been doing some research on this transmitter and I'm hoping Graupner USA isn't done for. Is that the general consensus? Trying to figure out if its a good idea to pick one up while I can still find one (even though its a risk if they are shut down for good) or wait all this out and hope they come back.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by soerevo1/16
I've been doing some research on this transmitter and I'm hoping Graupner USA isn't done for. Is that the general consensus? Trying to figure out if its a good idea to pick one up while I can still find one (even though its a risk if they are shut down for good) or wait all this out and hope they come back.
Kind of hard to recommend buying one unless it's a really great deal. Not that it's not a great device, but without support it's risky.
the rc guy likes this.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Kind of hard to recommend buying one unless it's a really great deal. Not that it's not a great device, but without support it's risky.
That's what I've been thinking unfortunately. I was able to find a couple around $270 but would need a few extra receivers as well. Not knowing the state of the company has me hesitating.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

That's what I've been thinking unfortunately. I was able to find a couple around $270 but would need a few extra receivers as well. Not knowing the state of the company has me hesitating.
Yes. They had a small sale as they were closing the site down. I didn't buy anything from that sale because I want to see if they manage to come back around. I don't feel that they sold a lot of surface radios, so they may not have much incentive to get back into the game. They had a great bang for the buck! None of the other major players are comparable for the price. If I was buying a high-end radio today, I suppose it would be a futaba.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes. They had a small sale as they were closing the site down. I didn't buy anything from that sale because I want to see if they manage to come back around. I don't feel that they sold a lot of surface radios, so they may not have much incentive to get back into the game. They had a great bang for the buck! None of the other major players are comparable for the price. If I was buying a high-end radio today, I suppose it would be a futaba.
I mainly started looking at them when I found out about the "start" function. I'll mainly be using it for drag racing, and being about to set delay on the throttle endpoint like that would be amazing. I haven't been able to find another system that offers anything similar.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

I mainly started looking at them when I found out about the "start" function. I'll mainly be using it for drag racing, and being about to set delay on the throttle endpoint like that would be amazing. I haven't been able to find another system that offers anything similar.
Yep! I hope they come back.
billdelong likes this.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anybody know where to get some gr-8 receivers?
Old 06-19-2020, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by psycho02
Anybody know where to get some gr-8 receivers?
I haven't seen them anywhere. I emailed graupner a couple of weeks ago and no reply at all.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

dint graupner say no more us sales .cuz they be focusing on UK sales only for now...ask bill since he likes this radio so much herd him talk about them many times here..
Old 06-19-2020, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by the rc guy
dint graupner say no more us sales .cuz they be focusing on UK sales only for now...ask bill since he likes this radio so much herd him talk about them many times here..
They certainly closed down their US presence, but they said they were expecting a reorganization here. I would have at least expected some type of reply when I emailed Graupner, even if it was to say that US sales are dead.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Range and connectivity issues...

Has anyone else had issues with the range of the their Graupner X-8E with both the GR-4 or GR-8 receivers? In the best of conditions I can only get 200-300ft from my GR-4's and right at 400 for my GR-8 but usually less on all of the RX. I've updated firmware, exchanged transmitters, tried different antenna layouts, RX positions, different models, and different BEC voltages with no luck.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rx power

I bought this radio last year and I love it, but my one problem is that I am slower on the track with this radio compared to my old futaba 4pxl. The servos are not as fast when using this radio. I have verified that the servo setting are correct in the radio and it is slower. If I turn the servo speed down on the futaba to 50% it is about the same as the graupner.

is there any way to turn up the rx voltage in the graupner radio? I have read they the manual and can’t find anything to do this.

thanks in advance guys,
justin.
Old 05-20-2023, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i am looking for a s8272 esc program box, is anyone one here having one to let go, please kindly pm. thanks